A few days ago I had an urge to play Final Fantasy III. I never got around to playing it when it came out, so I broke out the cart and pluged it in to the SNES. I turned the TV to the right imput and powered on the sysem.This was the old faithful system that I had when it came out (faded and all), so when I heard the music and no image i thought it need a reset. So here I go again. I reinsert the cart and power it on a second time, still no image. Well I started to doubt the cart. I then pulled out Final Fantasy II, SoulBlazer,Chrono Trigger, and an NCAA game. Not one showed up on screen.

Now I figure the system no longer works. Ok, I can live with that (not that I am happy about it mind you). I pull a "Like New" system out of its box that I had on display and plug it up to the same cords the old one was using and...........NOTHING!!! The same thing happened again. I got sound but no video. So I decided that the chords might be bad. I then replaced the video chord and nothing changed. I sat back and thought what might cause this. I made sure the TV was on th right imput, also checking the imput was still working with another system. I then cleaned the games I was testing (these games are in a big glass Nintendo display case), nothing came off the contacts. I thought I was loosing my mind.

Thinking it was a setting on the television, I got up took the new power supply, video cable, the 2 systems and 2 games downstairs to another television. Same thing again, but this time no sound. Both systems, nothing. I got everything together and tried the last TV in the house a 19" stereo tube tv. The most basic of basic. And you guessed it again, NOTHING!!!

Next day i got a SNES mini from a guy at a shop and tested it on the first TV in the same imput jacks. BINGO!! it works. I am so confuesd. why would this work and the other 2 just stop working. I havent tested the "Minty" system in 1 year but it worked great then, and the old SNES work just 3 months earlier.

Any advise or did I just have bad luck with 2 system just die on me?

Thanks,
Mason