Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
WoW

don't flame, i don't like the game.

it was way too overhyped and is still way too overhyped for a mmo. there are some very good mmos out there much better than wow that get forgotten because somehow wow not only got overhyped, but it is out and still gets overhyped.

Case in Point:
People that stop playing WoW, stop playing WoW.

Other mmo's that have been out for forever and a day, people just play them on the weekends or whatever.

I got a buddy that still plays lineage 2. Hell, I got a friend that still plays EQ1.

WoW is still young, and since people do not realize that, they will get a good smack in the face when another mmo dethrones it.

the game is so f'ing overhyped that people become blind to that fact (see, I was ranting for a reason).
Wow was innovative, it's better than most MMORPG out there.

I have a fairly lengthy MMO background. I played UO, EQ, T4C, DAoC, Lineage 2, AO and FFXI. And I am no Blizzard fanboy either.

From all the game I played, WoW was by far one of the most finished product on the market. It is also the only MMORPG which successfully appealed to both casual and hardcore players.

You are entitled to your opinion, no arguing with that. But I do think WoW is objectively one of the very best of its kind.

Oh and it's definitely not true that "People that stop playing WoW, stop playing WoW." I generally play for like a year then stop for 6 months, and go at it again. Almost everyone I met online in the game stopped for several months at some point and came back later.