Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What movie or TV show would make a good game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Default What movie or TV show would make a good game?

OK, this is how I want this thread to work. Basically, you choose a movie or tv show that you could see being made into a video game, and then you describe what kind of game it would be (platforming, shooter) and what system it would be on, etc.

Now, I would like to encourage creativity... afterall, there have been some pretty crazy games made from movies and TV shows (couch cough, Alf).

So anyways, as the topic starter, I'll start first:

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Game - Virtual Boy

In this whacked out 1st person simulation game, you are Larry David, the lovable Jewish comedian who co-created Seinfeld. Unfortunately, bad luck seems to follow you around like an ebay sniper on a sealed copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD.

It's up to you to make it through the trials of each day! If you manage to keep the peace by nightfall, you just might get a chance to score with your wife too!

OK, so that was my 1st attempt. If you get where I'm going with this, please feel free to contribute. Lets all try to have some fun here!
    Last edited by ShinobiMan; 04-03-2008 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kenny vs Spenny the game

Take on the role as either Kenny (easy mode) and try to cheat to win or Spenny (difficult mode) and try to win honestly by overcoming Kenny's dirty tricks. Bonus humiliation mini-games would be played inbetween the main levels.

As you can probably tell I just watched an episode of this off my dvr yesterday.

On a side note, they have Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Harvey Birdman, South Park and Aqua Teen games so basically every animated show that is somewhat popular has gotten a video game, with that said I want King of the Hill as a video game (maybe something featuring Dale Gribble).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

A homebrew NES Sanford and Son. Buy and sell 'commodities', drink Ripple to restore health and avoid Aunt Ester. I would play it any way.

Also was there ever an A-Team game???

Insert Coin (Level 0) consolecrusader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    consolecrusader
    PSN
    consolecrusader

The Sims "The Office"

Can you Maintain a prosperous paper company? You play as a new hotshot Manager taking over for recently fired Michael Scott. Apparantly Home Office didn't appreciate Michael and Jan getting it on in public in the Dunder Mifflin Parking lot. Interview new hires as you try to build a team. Along the way you will receive help from former employees Dwight K Scrute, Angela, jim, Pam, Kevin and the rest of the gang. Make money, sell paper, tople over Staples on your way to the top of the paper industry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I always thought a MacGyver game would be great if it lets you actually come up with your own Macgyverisms. For instance if your locked in a room and need to get out you could make a lockpick out of various things you find like a paperclip,a lightbulb filament, or just use your trusty swiss army knife. Or you could just blow the door off it's hindges by mixing some bubblegum, hairspray, and carpet shampoo.

It couldn't be a FPS since MacGyver hated guns(though he never had a problem blowing things up)...I see it more as third person action/adventure type game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) CaptainFalcon13's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    none
    PSN
    none

Talking for a movie...

There should definately be a Boondocks saints game. It would be like army of two with the twin irish brothers. There also be Roc missions were he has to do a lot of shoot'em up bang bang stuff and he has to get helped out. There can also be William Defoe missions where you have to cross dress him (That was disturbing in the movie where he went in drag to the bad guys house).

A new really good TRON RGP is in order, too.

Si vis poccum para bellum

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nacho Libre!!! JK

How about my Favorite Movie:

Better off Dead : )

Plenty of Action, Driving, Skiing & Great Humor!
    Video Game Connection
    ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO Wii
    Ebay User ID : vgc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Steven Seagal game would of been cool. It did according to the guide get to the prototype stage!

A game or series of games based on Jim Varney's character Ernest would of had limitless possibilities.
    Chet: It's futuristic, but that's a crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easy - The Mole!

With a killer AI, and a random selection of who is "the mole" (and the choice to be the mole yourself if you want) this could be a ton ton ton of fun!

Hey, did anybody see that the series is coming back? I've been asking for that for years.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The show: Gaki no Tsukai, specifically the 24 Hours Tag event.

The game would be multiplayer for two to four people (or six or even eight, who knows), so it'd probably be on Xbox Live. At a glance it would appear like Smash TV minus the ability to shoot.

The object of the game is to make it through several waves of unexpected attacks by a variety of demons, usually while the players are in the middle of a random minigame that pops up in the arena to offer them a chance to win bonuses. If the demon catches a player it subjects him to a nasty torment (which is different for each demon type) that can cause various status effects that hinder his ability to escape the demons in the next wave, or incapacitate him for a while so the remaining demons will turn their attention to his pals instead. The kickboxer demon knocks you out, the futon beater demon hits you in the nuts and screws up your ability to walk straight, the cream pie demon blinds you and reverses your controls, etc., etc.

Each demon chases players for sixty seconds and then vanishes. Players don't lose lives, but the game keeps track of how many times each player is caught by a demon. The player who gets caught the least by the end of the game is the winner.

Every now and then, the arena master's messenger appears with a tray of food that instantly cures all status ailments for one player. The players can work as a team or go the "every man for himself" route.

Here's the catch: like with the show, the game conditions the players to react a certain way, then pulls the rug out from under them. For maybe six or seven waves you'll get used to the demons leaping out of their designated portal accompanied by a loud alarm, then at wave eight one will burst out of a wall, or three will drop down from the ceiling without warning. Or they'll stop attacking players and start attacking the food items instead.

I think it'd be fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The show: Gaki no Tsukai, specifically the 24 Hours Tag event.

The game would be multiplayer for two to four people (or six or even eight, who knows), so it'd probably be on Xbox Live. At a glance it would appear like Smash TV minus the ability to shoot.

The object of the game is to make it through several waves of unexpected attacks by a variety of demons, usually while the players are in the middle of a random minigame that pops up in the arena to offer them a chance to win bonuses. If the demon catches a player it subjects him to a nasty torment (which is different for each demon type) that can cause various status effects that hinder his ability to escape the demons in the next wave, or incapacitate him for a while so the remaining demons will turn their attention to his pals instead. The kickboxer demon knocks you out, the futon beater demon hits you in the nuts and screws up your ability to walk straight, the cream pie demon blinds you and reverses your controls, etc., etc.

Each demon chases players for sixty seconds and then vanishes. Players don't lose lives, but the game keeps track of how many times each player is caught by a demon. The player who gets caught the least by the end of the game is the winner.

Every now and then, the arena master's messenger appears with a tray of food that instantly cures all status ailments for one player. The players can work as a team or go the "every man for himself" route.

Here's the catch: like with the show, the game conditions the players to react a certain way, then pulls the rug out from under them. For maybe six or seven waves you'll get used to the demons leaping out of their designated portal accompanied by a loud alarm, then at wave eight one will burst out of a wall, or three will drop down from the ceiling without warning. Or they'll stop attacking players and start attacking the food items instead.

I think it'd be fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Deadwood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

If done right, Firefly could have made a good game as well.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Big Trouble in Little China, this would make a awesome video game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Streetball 21 View Post
    Big Trouble in Little China, this would make a awesome video game.
    They already made that one. It's called "Mortal Kombat".

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post The real question is...

What game would make the best movie or TV series. And to that I say Final Fantasy 7. Just imagine a 52 part series with hour long episodes that are commercial free and would be shown once a week for a year and would have the looks modeled after Advent Children!!!!!! The story-line would be conclusive of the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7 allowing deeper insights to all the characters. Oh, and Aeris would still die, even MORE tramatically, somewhere around episode 22... now you know what it's like to here the whole world cry at the same time.....
    Last edited by the_toxic_frog; 04-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by the_toxic_frog View Post
    What game would make the best movie or TV series. And to that I say Final Fantasy 7. Just imagine a 52 part series with hour long episodes that are commercial free and would be shown once a week for a year and would have the looks modeled after Advent Children!!!!!! The story-line would be conclusive of the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7 allowing deeper insights to all the characters. Oh, and Aeris would still die, even MORE tramatically, somewhere around episode 22... now you know what it's like to here the whole world cry at the same time.....
    Ummm, I know you're new around here, and I like your idea, but 'round these parts, your post would be considered thread jacking.

Lets try to stay on topic shall we?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, and besides, its hard to watch tv shows full of one-dimentional characters.

I think it'd be awesome to have a Steven Seagal video game with an aikido combat engine. Wouldn't matter which movie it was based on. It'd just be fun to make people beat themselves up with their own weapons/friends, or catch their attacks and fling them into walls and crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

No, Thread jacking is when I tell you about my day.

I had a combo platter at Los Lupes, Chimichange, taco, flauta, quesadilla etc." as Dr. bought us dinner as a welcome back for our tech who was in Alaska for one of the big races. She brought me back Reindeer jerkey but "shhhh" dont say anything she didnt bring any back for the others. Also we took Eli's catheter out as he was quite hydrated.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r