Heard from my friend that Atlus had closed down their online shop, and sure enough, they have.

The email reads as this:

Dear Atlus Shop customer,

Thank you for purchasing direct from Atlus in the past.
The Atlus Shop you all knew and (possibly) loved is no more. In the interests of making sure that customers are getting the best shopping experience possible, we've teamed up with Amazon.com. Expect faster order processing, free shipping*, and exclusive special promotions... not unlike this nifty $5.00 off promotional code.
Yes, Atlus sent me a $5 off anything Amazon code, which I plan on using on Arcana Heart to support the new junction. They should be sending the code to anyone who was a past customer or who signed up for their new newsletter. And yes, they encourage that as well.

So, while I'll miss the Atlus Shop, I greatly love Amazon (even have Prime) and I hope this move will be big for Atlus, because this means Amazon should get ample supply of the games now and it's one less reason for me to go to Gamestop.

Exclusive promotions also sounds kick ass.. as if Atlus needs to give me MORE reason to spend my money on their products I imagine they will give more promotions through the new newsletter.

Definitely a great move on Atlus's part... even if Gamestop decides they don't feel like stocking Persona 4 (if it comes to the US, it'll definitely be Q4 2008, not sure if Gamestop is going to still keep getting in PS2 games then), I bet Amazon will have no problem stocking it.