I was wondering if the Genesis actually outputs to stereo? From what I understand, with the Model 1 Genesis you can get “True” Stereo sound out of the headphone jack. But what about the model 2, 3 etc?

All of the official Genesis A/V cables that I have seen are only mono (one white and one yellow). This is what I am currently using with my Genesis 3 and CDX. But I have seen some 3rd party A/V cables for the Genesis 2 (like the Performance one) that have the full White, Red, Yellow cables. I once read that these cables will get the sound channels from both left and right speakers but still only outputs to mono. Is this true? Or if I get one of these cables will I actually here stereo sound from my Genesis 2,3,CDX, X’Eye? If so, then why would they release a mono and a stereo A/V cable?

I also have a JVC X’Eye and it has the Genesis 9-pin A/V connector on the back of the unit but it also has a set of white, red, yellow A/V barrels. With the X’Eye I use a male to male A/V cable. But my question here is, which gives the better overall quality? Should I use the Genesis 9 pin (red, white, yellow) A/V connection or the 3 barrel male to male A/V connection?