Thread: FF 7 Moment I recall that was different.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default FF 7 Moment I recall that was different.

Decided to replay Final Fantasy 7 recently and just got to the Mako Reactor in Sector 5.

After hitting the wheel I got no timer, I recall a timer before and an item is missing from one level up as well.

Also when we get to the Techno Soldier I beat it in one shot? Barrets Big Shot hit it for 1525...

I dunno something seems different. The game seems easier and things seem to be missing I remember from playing before. Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

You got older.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some games don't age well. Is FF7 one of them?

I like it but personally, I find it to be the most overhyped game in history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Some games don't age well. Is FF7 one of them?
    You mean the game starts forgetting things like putting in a timer?

Ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Decided to replay Final Fantasy 7 recently and just got to the Mako Reactor in Sector 5.

After hitting the wheel I got no timer, I recall a timer before and an item is missing from one level up as well.

Also when we get to the Techno Soldier I beat it in one shot? Barrets Big Shot hit it for 1525...

I dunno something seems different. The game seems easier and things seem to be missing I remember from playing before. Any ideas?
    When you go to Sector 5, you have a better bomb which isn't timed. Good thing too because you've gotta do that stupid "press all 3 buttons at once" thing on the way out.

Beating Airbuster (I believe that's its name) in one hit isn't hard to do. A blast from behind of Barret's Big Shot should be more than enough if you've got him leveled up enough.

The game may seem easier because you're older now and probably far more experienced as a gamer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nodtveidt View Post
    When you go to Sector 5, you have a better bomb which isn't timed. Good thing too because you've gotta do that stupid "press all 3 buttons at once" thing on the way out.

Beating Airbuster (I believe that's its name) in one hit isn't hard to do. A blast from behind of Barret's Big Shot should be more than enough if you've got him leveled up enough.

The game may seem easier because you're older now and probably far more experienced as a gamer.
    Better bomb works for me...didn't know there was one but, cool, yeah.

Also what you say kinda makes sense, cause I know years ago I never would have leveled my characters "I was always in a hurry" so that kinda explains it. I actually like random encounters now??? Go figure....lol.

Just didn't seem as dramatic and I guess that's why. Just thought there may be a variant version possibly, good to know it isn't. Still a great game imo, still love the characters and underlying themes.

Thanks for the response.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The closest thing to a variant is the PC version, which gave each character a mouth on their field model and revised the text. Instead of "This guy are sick," Aeris says "This guy is sick." Also, a lot of profanity is replaced with punctuation, comic style. "It's cuz Shinra keep suckin the life out with those #%#$ machines!" FF7PC also runs at 2x resolution (640x480, higher with hacks), but the videos are just stretched, making them look like crap.

I have both. My ideal version to play is the PC version with the videos converted uncompressed from the PSX disks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    The closest thing to a variant is the PC version, which gave each character a mouth on their field model and revised the text. Instead of "This guy are sick," Aeris says "This guy is sick." Also, a lot of profanity is replaced with punctuation, comic style. "It's cuz Shinra keep suckin the life out with those #%#$ machines!" FF7PC also runs at 2x resolution (640x480, higher with hacks), but the videos are just stretched, making them look like crap.

I have both. My ideal version to play is the PC version with the videos converted uncompressed from the PSX disks.
    The ideal would (should) be to play the PSX version on the ePSXe emulator. And boost up the resolution and other graphics.
    GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY NINTENDO!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Boosted resolution in an emulator looks like crap. Something about the PSX renderer makes polygons look wavy and distorted, especially at higher resolutions.

The PC version also allows for modification, such as the NPC Reconstruction Patch. Imagine high quality, non-SD models everywhere.