Thread: Mythos Japan players = Denied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Mythos Japan players = Denied.

I haven't ever gotten many letters that says I can play and Japan can't, lol. Yeah Mythos ain't that great and I really don't know why i'm posting this, just figured I would.

Brave Player!
    Our scribes tell us you possess a registered Mythos account. Wonderful! We do hope you are enjoying this early Beta Test of our free-to-play MMORPG. We'd like to reassure you that the closed Mythos Beta, which you are a most valued player of, continues apace.

In fact, things are going so well we'll soon release Mythos to a much larger audience -- we'll open our doors and our test. However, before we can truly call our Beta open for business, a few things absolutely must happen. The top of all our lists say the same thing: "Who gets to play?"

Please understand that the Mythos Closed Beta Test was designed for English speaking audiences (North Americans, really). When we do open our Beta, we simply cannot have certain countries playing a semi-functional Mythos designed for territories that are not their own. These people won't be getting the ideal localized experience we intend. Furthermore, we do still need to establish distribution deals with third-parties in foreign lands to ensure Mythos gets published and supported in the absolute best way possible.

Because of this, this week the Mythos Beta Test will no longer be made available to the following countries:

Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Cambodia, North Korea, South Korea, Laos, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macao, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan

We sincerely apologize to you if you currently reside in one of the above listed countries and can no longer play Mythos. Please understand that this is very much a test and has always been a test.

Thank you for your patience. If you feel the need to vent, please send an email our way. Your plight won't fall on deaf ears.

About Mythos
    Mythos is an online, action role-playing game set in the land of Uld -- a fantasy world arising from the ashes of an epoch-long war of darkness. Join others in a heroic quest to reclaim the land from vile creatures while striving to be the first to discover the ancient and powerful secrets of lost civilizations. Best of all, Mythos is free to download and play!
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't get why someone from Japan should not be able to play some random mmorpg.

localization my a**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as Diablo-style games go, it's pretty darn good (which is to be expected). Not a genre that I typically like to spend much time with, but Mythos is a nice little free surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamisama View Post
    I don't get why someone from Japan should not be able to play some random mmorpg.
    It's not really just "some random mmorpg". It's a new, free, multiplayer only, Diablo-style game from the guys that made Diablo.
    Last edited by roushimsx; 04-25-2008 at 06:32 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is unfortunate. There's a fairly big nerd foreigner population here in Japan. Oh well, their loss.