Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mom comes through again at the garage sales.

First sale
    Donkey Kong 64 $2
    Goldeney 007 $1
    Earthworm Jim 3 $1

Second sale, all complete
    Star Wars KOR $3
    Star Wars KOR 2 $3
    Morrowind GOTY with guide $5
    Fusion Frenzy 2 $3
    Battle for Middle Earth II $3
    there might be another, I can't remember

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market

I didn't plan to go with all the rain last night... but the flea market was HUGE today....
    As I said to my dad after scouring the isles over and over "Not Many Games,Nothing,Amazing with all these vendors"..The older stuff is becoming scarce there...I only came across two muddy Genesis 1 Systems with a few boxed games.$40.00 WHAT!!!

I spent a whopping $17.00

Power Glove hook-up..FREE..The vendor thought he sold me the glove last week and I said no,so he said he was going to trash it so he gave it to me.

NES stuff...System,Games etc..
    $15.00

I spotted this little Pac Man"Blinky"ghost thing on a TV Plug and Play game,i know the vendor and he's high priced so as I walked away he said $2.00 so I grabbed it..I just wanted the little Ghost as I have the TV game already..You can't beat $2.00 though and it has good batteries in it..
    I'm curious about this Red Blinky"Ghost,.What's this thing from?.It's made out of material ..can I get the rest of them/the set.

.................................................. .........................

The ..Arkanoid Arcade machine.... hasn't been sold yet,the Lady had it still in her truck..
    http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6916

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Everything was $1 each.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Everything was $1 each.
    Whoa, nice find with the Grim Fandango. That's one of the best computer games I've ever played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it came with Day of the Tentacle.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I spotted this little Pac Man"Blinky"ghost thing on a TV Plug and Play game,i know the vendor and he's high priced so as I walked away he said $2.00 so I grabbed it..I just wanted the little Ghost as I have the TV game already..You can't beat $2.00 though and it has good batteries in it..
    I'm curious about this Red Blinky"Ghost,.What's this thing from?.It's made out of material ..can I get the rest of them/the set.
    They were included with a few early releases of the Pac-Man plug and play. I know the first batch that QVC sold came with them, that's where I got mine from. Only Blinky was ever made, it was talked up as a comfort grip - which it's anything but. Still cool though.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    They were included with a few early releases of the Pac-Man plug and play. I know the first batch that QVC sold came with them, that's where I got mine from. Only Blinky was ever made, it was talked up as a comfort grip - which it's anything but. Still cool though.
    Awesome!! David,thank you so so much for the info..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

World Soccer Jikkyou Winning Eleven 2000: U-23 Medal heno Chousen (Japanese PlayStation, $5.00 complete from pawn)
    Red Faction (complete, even came with Red Faction 2 instruction booklet) $6.00 from pawn.

Not pictured:
    S-Controller for original Xbox (black) $2.99 from Value Village

Passed up:
    Entire box of Nintendo Power magazines (at least 50!) for .10 cents each

dan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So many Garage sales today, unfortunately I only found a couple of things.

Castlevania 64 (N64, loose) $2
    Pandemonium (PS1, complete) $2

After the Yard sales I went to EB an picked up.

Nyko Perfect Shot (Wii, New) $14.99
    Darkstalkers Chronicle (PSP, New) $19.99

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lufia II for SNES cart only $5 at flea market
    Super Mario 64 cart only $5 at pawn shop
    Uninvited and Pirates for NES carts only 2 for $5
    Shinobi III genesis complete $2 goodwill
    Big Brain Academy Wii complete $15 pawn shop
    Fatal Frame II PS2 complete $7 pawn shop
    MK Deception Premium Pack complete $7 pawn shop

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it came with Day of the Tentacle.
    SONUVABITCH! *jealous*
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Oh, did I also mention that DOTT is unopened?
    Last edited by Porksta; 05-17-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

My finds thus far this month...

Batman Returns (SNES) Loose - $3
    Weird story about that one... I had just gotten the new Nintendo Power which had a retro review about this very game, and I decided to keep my eye out for it. A couple of hours later, I walked into Goodwill and found the game sitting on top of a stack of Maddens. Freaky.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team GBA (Sealed) - $15
    Same as Batman, I was in Target, thinking about having to pick up the game for my collection when it went on sale at TRU later this month, and *BAM* there it was in the clearance section.
    I then tried to use my newfound powers to turn up a sealed Earthbound, but no dice

And rounding things out at the dirt mall...
    NES Cleaning Kit (complete) - $5
    1942 - $2.50
    Thunder and Lightning (some weirdass Breakout clone) - $2.50

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

My latest finds (Mostly from Game-X-Change):

- Whiplash (Xbox. Complete): $6
    - Pandemonium (Saturn. Complete): $8
    - Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation. Complete, instructions are partly torn): $8
    - Metal Gear (NES. Loose): $7

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lotus 2, Toy Story, Sonic 1 and Spiderman - $3
    Desert Commander, Festers Quest, Shadowgate, Ikari Warriors 2, Blaster Master, Operation Wolf, Ironsword - $5
    OSX 10.0 - $2
    Battle Blaze - $3
    NES RF with converter - $1
    Mister Mosquito - $5
    Crash Wrath of Cortex, Sly 2, Call of Duty 3 and NFL Head Coach - $5

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to Gamestop today to take advantage of that B1G1 coupon on used XBOX games. So I got Land of the Dead and Sid Meyer's Pirates as my expensive games (priced 19.99 each). Then picked up 4 copies of some of the sports games that were $1, just for the green xbox cases. So six games in total came to $23 which isn't bad at all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Today is why I've gone to a gazillion garage sales so far this season.

First score was at a sale where they wanted 30 for a N64 with a good number of games. For some reason I checked for the jumper pak, and it was missing, so I asked about just the games. $2 each, so I grabbed Mario Kart and Party3 (both rough). They also had the SNES w/ games all for $2, and I was all over that. It is the Limited Edition gold Zelda version of the SNES. (No joke, I actually saw someone selling one with this claim on CL once)

Next up, a sale had a bunch of PS2, GCN, and Xbox games. A woman was repeatedly flipping through them, taking forever. I didn't want to be rude and shove in, so I eventually asked if there was a type of game she was looking for. She wasn't sure what systems her son had other than PS2. She had PS2 Frogger in her hand, and said she remembered playing that game on 'the one before the Nintendo'. I thought that was kind of cool. I tried to be helpful, but at the same time, I wanted that Mario Party 5 for myself! I kind of told her based on her description what I thought her son had (gamecube), and put back the Shadow game so she could grab it if she wanted, but she didn't pick anything else out. Some decent xbox games there, but I don't have one. So I brought up all these games and a $2 staple gun and the woman couldn't add at all. It totals to 17.20 (.10 each for the n64 nintendo power videos), and I finally get her to the right number, and pay with a 20. I couldn't believe it as she was starting to count out change for the 20 cents! I mean, really, on a $17 bill at a garage sale, who cares about the 20 cents... so I asked if she could just throw those in, and she was 'oh, yeah, sure'.

A hodgepodge over a few more sales: Boxed Genesis Mice $2 each (1 is for trade if anyone wants it); Sonic for $1 (overpriced, but will help sell a spare console I have); Midnight Resistance, Shadowrun, and Jumper Pak all for $1; RE2 for 1.50 (near mint).

Lastly, and a stop I almost didn't make, was a bunch of NES games w/ zapper, 4 controllers, and a/c. Unpriced, but when I asked, $10 = Sold!

This was a cool thing included with the above NES stuff. Probably what I'm most excited about from the day:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

snagged a few things at the local thrift

nes - double dragon 3 (loose) $4
    nes - roadrunner tengen (boxed) $4
    nes - snow brothers (!) (loose) $4
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Today is why I've gone to a gazillion garage sales so far this season.

First score was at a sale where they wanted 30 for a N64 with a good number of games. For some reason I checked for the jumper pak, and it was missing, so I asked about just the games. $2 each, so I grabbed Mario Kart and Party3 (both rough). They also had the SNES w/ games all for $2, and I was all over that. It is the Limited Edition gold Zelda version of the SNES. (No joke, I actually saw someone selling one with this claim on CL once)

Next up, a sale had a bunch of PS2, GCN, and Xbox games. A woman was repeatedly flipping through them, taking forever. I didn't want to be rude and shove in, so I eventually asked if there was a type of game she was looking for. She wasn't sure what systems her son had other than PS2. She had PS2 Frogger in her hand, and said she remembered playing that game on 'the one before the Nintendo'. I thought that was kind of cool. I tried to be helpful, but at the same time, I wanted that Mario Party 5 for myself! I kind of told her based on her description what I thought her son had (gamecube), and put back the Shadow game so she could grab it if she wanted, but she didn't pick anything else out. Some decent xbox games there, but I don't have one. So I brought up all these games and a $2 staple gun and the woman couldn't add at all. It totals to 17.20 (.10 each for the n64 nintendo power videos), and I finally get her to the right number, and pay with a 20. I couldn't believe it as she was starting to count out change for the 20 cents! I mean, really, on a $17 bill at a garage sale, who cares about the 20 cents... so I asked if she could just throw those in, and she was 'oh, yeah, sure'.

A hodgepodge over a few more sales: Boxed Genesis Mice $2 each (1 is for trade if anyone wants it); Sonic for $1 (overpriced, but will help sell a spare console I have); Midnight Resistance, Shadowrun, and Jumper Pak all for $1; RE2 for 1.50 (near mint).

Lastly, and a stop I almost didn't make, was a bunch of NES games w/ zapper, 4 controllers, and a/c. Unpriced, but when I asked, $10 = Sold
    I never have garage sale days this bitchin'. In fact the only recent thing video game related I saw was a wet PS2 (it had rained and wasn't covered I guess) with no cords for $30. I said "No Thanks" and kept walking.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 05-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sales were pretty good for me today (not game wise though ).

I only found 3 brand new Earthworm Jim action figures for $2 a piece and a copy of the Bratz PS1 game for $1 (meh)

If you're interested in non-game finds:

I went to a surprisingly underpriced estate sale and grabbed a 3 gram 14k gold chain for $5 (worth approx $50-$75 scrap) and a James Avery heart & flower charm with a chain for $4 (worth about $30-$40) as well as some other good jewelry. I found at the same estate sale a 6 inch tall dala horse (which is a Swedish wooden horse that is pretty collectible) for $5 (worth around $30).

I was pretty surprised to find something cool at the last sale we went to. I just walked into the sale and something sticking out of a box caught my eye. I thought "Hmmm.... That looks just like a Crybaby guitar pedal....". It was and I immediately bought the box for $10. There were 2 pedals in the box: A 1977 Morley "Pro Phaser" pedal (which I think is worth at least $200) and the Crybaby pedal, which ended up being a Thomas Organ pedal, made before Dunlop started to make Crybaby pedals. I think the crybaby pedal is worth around $100.

So, anyways I think garage sales were awesome for me today, but game-wise, they sucked.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!