Thread: May 2008 Finds

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

My DS Lite came from Amazon today! Almost a week earlier than expected!
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

The X-Eye was $5, and the two PS extensions were $3 (he wanted $3 for one but I talked him down. :P)

Also featured: Mexican currency!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ecco the dolphin - sega cd
    mortal kombat - sega cd
    lords of thunder - sega cd

$3 each
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    The X-Eye was $5, and the two PS extensions were $3 (he wanted $3 for one but I talked him down. :P)

Also featured: Mexican currency!
    I hate you.

I don't know what the deal is for me lately, but things have been good. Too bad I'm not a senior, I would have gotten 40% off all this stuff. Each row of N64 games was $7, NES was 15, wiimote 20 (and I really needed one), NES games were $5, and the a/c + Sonic was 1.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I hate you.
    Ha ha ha. Stop stealing my lines!

I tested this thing with a Genny 2 PSU and it booted up, and then SnowKitty yelled at me for using a Genny 2 PSU with it. :P It turned on, but it didn't want to read a CD, so I dunno if it's because the PSU is too weak or if the laser is busted.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98redM6 View Post
    I don't know what guide you've been looking in but that Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgwer and Med Regular Fries are no more than an R2 in my book. The Chicken Sandwich is also no more than an R3.

However, that Northern Tool Company Go-Cart Torque Converter belt is about a R4 since there are way less of those made.

That Gas is the winner though. You're probably best holding onto it for a while as it's steadily increasing in value. Just don't hold onto it that long. It won't be worth much if it goes bad. Definitely an R8 at the moment.
    I may have to reassess my values, and adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    Heh, I usually get two tacos, a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, and a small drink whenever I eat there. That costs me $3.38.
    I've never had the tacos there. Are they good? Using taco bell as a reference for tacos, are the tacos at Jack in the box +, -, or =?

Today I used that B1G1 GS XBOX coupon for Sniper Elite and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. $30 for the 2. After things I've read about Sniper Elite I was hoping I'd find it somewhere at a reasonable price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    I've never had the tacos there. Are they good? Using taco bell as a reference for tacos, are the tacos at Jack in the box +, -, or =?

I would rate them slightly under tacobell, not bad my any means, but 2 for 99cents is a decent deal. TACO Tuesday at Del Taco is the shit tho. 3 tacos for 99cents! Del Taco is far superior to Taco Bell as far as quality of meat and overall service.

Aside from that.. I picked up one snes and one N64 controller and a N64 rumble pack for free (some guy on craigslist posted em and left a bunch of stuff outside his house) and I also got a 19" Samsung CRT monitor in perfect working order for 10$
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to the KB Toy Outlet and found:

Fire Pro Wrestling-$9.99-sealed, This game has some many options it's insane. I have to get used to the controls, it's a different type of wrestling game.

Had a $15.00 gift card to Play N Trade and got God of War (Greatest Hits)-$14.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Bleach HTS5 and the promo towel came today courtesy of NCSX.
    This game is awesome!

In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MeTmKnice View Post
    TACO Tuesday at Del Taco is the shit tho. 3 tacos for 99cents! Del Taco is far superior to Taco Bell as far as quality of meat and overall service.
    My best friend would strangle kittens for the opportunity to get Del Taco food on a regular basis.

I picked up a few things while looking through a bunch of Movie Trading Company stores today.

Quarantine for the 3DO (disc only) $4.99
    Adventures of Tron for the 2600 (loose) $1.99
    Air Raiders for the 2600 (loose) $1.99
    Food Fight for the Atari 7800 (loose) $1.99
    VR Stalker for the 3DO (boxed and complete) $4.99
    Space Dungeon for the Atari 5200 (loose) $1.99
    Title Match Pro Wrestling for the 2600 (loose) $1.99
    Skate Boardin' for the 2600 (loose) $1.99

And while thrift store shopping, I bought Final Fantasy VII for the PS1(regular release, not the Greatest Hits version) for $3.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Made out pretty good at my GameStop today:

Random:
    - Nintendo Power May 2008 = free
    - Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword Stylus promo = free (available)
    - God of War Chains of Olympus charm promo = free

DVDs: (B2G3)
    - Dying Young
    - Closer
    - War of the Worlds
    - What Dreams May Come
    - Kingdom of Heaven
    total = $15.24

Big find:
    - Sony PS3 60GB complete = $175

$190.24 for everything listed...hoping for a good garage sale days this weekend.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$15 on craigslist for a toaster NES w/ 2 controllers, RF switch, and power brick. Looking around now that seems like not that bad of a deal. Although, it didn't work straight out of the bag with the two NES cartridges I have, flashing power light. Guess some alchohol treatment is in order. Does anyone on this forum ever give away really common stuff to newer collectors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Finds from the past week starting with some freebies from the high school engineering wing storage. Yeah, I graduated nine years ago but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about a few things that were up there.

Atari 520ST

Atari 520STFM

Boxed Atari 410 Program Recorder

Inside the 520ST I found this...

I'm assuming it's the built in OS upgrade for the early model 520's. I can't power up the straight 520ST as I don't have the power adapter but the 520STFM powers up fine. I think the floppy drive has problems because I get a "drive is not responding" error when I select it, even though I hear it spin up. I did disassemble it and clean it and while it looks okay it could very well be shot. I converted a couple games from .msa to .st with MSA Converter but again, I get nothing. Does the disk have to be formatted a specific way to be readable, should I get at least something, or is the drive totally shot? Also anyone have a good ST resource other than Atari Legend?

As for the Tuesday flea market, it was a pretty good day all things considered. The temperature finally curved down to pleasant levels after some very hot days. Started out looking over some cords and accessories at one of the side sellers. He had a SNES power adapter, which a coworker is looking for. He wanted $3.00 and then I heard a guy asking about a GameCube game - it was the Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc. The guy bought it... Seller said he wanted $3.00 for the games as well, so I walked over and took a peek. He had a couple loose games and a couple complete ones - including a copy of Super Mario Sunshine (barf) and a loose copy of Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door. I rented Paper Mario TTYD when it was released but couldn't get into it, graphically I loved the charm of the game but for some reason I just didn't like it. Maybe I was just not in the mood for an RPG at the time but I wanted to give it another shot. I asked if the seller would take $5.00 for the game and the power adapter, to which he agreed. Game works fine, barely a blemish on the disc, adapter works fine too.

Next up a big box of assorted controllers and a few Sega games. A Master System cartridge is what caught my eye and caused me to look in the box, sadly it was Missile Defense 3-D. The Genesis games were crap as were the controllers with the exception of the good old 3DO FZ-JJ1XP six button controller. Seller wanted $2.00, paid gladly. Controller works great, I'm one of the few people that has no problem with the stock Panasonic pad (the second version) but I will admit that Wolfenstein 3D plays far smoother with the FZ-JJ1XP. I did two laps around the flea market today and on the end of the first trip I noticed some random loose SNES games, among them a couple titles that I enjoy and are some of the top non-mainstream games on the platform in my opinion. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Vegas Stakes were the games, the others were a couple sports games and other titles I can't remember - nothing spectacular though. He wanted $3.00 each, I got them for $5.00 total.

3DO - FZ-JJ1XP six button controller ($2.00)
    GC - Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door ($2.50)
    SNES - Power adapter ($2.50)
    SNES - Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts ($2.50)
    SNES - Vegas Stakes ($2.50)

As I said, I did two full trips around the flea market, the second faster than the first. On the first pass there were two gentlemen at the front with a table of boxed N64 games, $10.00 each. I looked them over and said that I'd probably be back. On the second time around I went back to them and picked a couple games out. He had some loose sports games that were $5.00 and some loose more valuable games for $8.00, then of course the boxed ones. I picked up a boxed copy of StarFox 64 with the rumble pak, however no instructions or insert tray. He said boxed games without books are $8.00 but he also wanted that for the loose StarFox 64 cartridge he had, and as not to be a slap in the face I didn't say anything about the booklet not being present. I also picked up a boxed complete copy of Shadows of the Empire as well, also $10.00.

N64 - StarFox 64 ($10.00)
    N64 - Star Wars Shadows of the Empire ($10.00)

Oh, and of course the Speed Racer DVD is a bootleg, paid a buck for it. Now before all the crap starts I've seen it three times in the theatre (and will more than likely do so again) and have paid $34.00 into the film as of this date. Typical bootleg quality for a film currently showing - subtitled in Dutch I believe. I bought it to compare some scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I tested this thing with a Genny 2 PSU and it booted up, and then SnowKitty yelled at me for using a Genny 2 PSU with it. It turned on, but it didn't want to read a CD, so I dunno if it's because the PSU is too weak or if the laser is busted.
    Does the message change when you put a disc in and close the lid? It should reset and change to "Checking the disc..." - if it doesn't then the switch that detects the lid being closed is bad. Tutorial for that repair is at my site below. It's the simple place to start. Also yeah, use proper power - many threads on that. =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At Gamestop:

Bubble Bobble Old and New (GBA) - $15
    Makamura Gaiden (GB) - $3

I guess it's the JP version of Demon's Quest...?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    Chicken Sandwiches- 2 @ .99 each (R6)

WTF!!! are they sealed man???
    Last edited by Famidrive-16; 05-21-2008 at 02:21 AM.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    WTF!!! are they sealed man???

If they are he better get them graded

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default wow

Picked up snow bros for 9.99 at a game traders today. I freaked out needless to say not a great find but I've wanted it for a while. Remembering back when 40$ was easy for that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had a pretty nice haul yesterday - went to three different places and got something at each one.

NES:
    Base Wars (w/cart sleeve) - $1
    Ninja Gaiden (w/cart sleeve) - $1

Genesis:
    Boogerman (boxed) - $3.50
    Socket (boxed) - $3.50

SNES:
    Wizardry V (cart only) - $2.50

Game Gear:
    Woody Pop (cart only) - $2.50

PlayStation:
    Ogre Battle Limited Edition (disc only, R5) - $1

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Does the message change when you put a disc in and close the lid? It should reset and change to "Checking the disc..." - if it doesn't then the switch that detects the lid being closed is bad. Tutorial for that repair is at my site below. It's the simple place to start. Also yeah, use proper power - many threads on that. =]
    Actually, the system -reboots- and then it says "Checking the disc". The switch works well, but as I said, I have no idea if the laser is busted or what.

I haven't found a PSU with the proper voltage yet. Hopefully I'll find it at the booth where I found the thing tomorrow.

As for today, I found no games, just a copy of Adobe Pagemaler 6.5 Plus for Windows ($5) and Weird Al Yankovic Greatest Hits II (CD) for a buck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I stopped by one used book store today and came out with all this Nintendo RPG/Strategy goodness:

All of these are complete, and some even have the original owner's game notes written on note book paper. Some also have original reciepts. Some of these NES games were $60.00!!
    Last edited by Cambot; 05-28-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Streetball 21 View Post
    Went to the KB Toy Outlet and found:

Fire Pro Wrestling-$9.99-sealed, This game has some many options it's insane. I have to get used to the controls, it's a different type of wrestling game.

Had a $15.00 gift card to Play N Trade and got God of War (Greatest Hits)-$14.99.
    I highly recommend taking the time to get used to the controlls of FP:R the game is so insanely. There is also a small community dedicated to making real and origional and real wrestlers not included in the game, which you can transfer to your save with a save device.. I've got 4 memory cards I use for the game!