Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: May 2008 Finds

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No list for these... too many to list. This was a Craigslist deal.

$100 + 2 copies of Wario Ware (gcn), 1 copy each of Psychonauts (Xbox and PS2) + 1 copy of Zelda Collectors edition. I spent $5 on each game so a total of $125

Got me 209 Playstation games. All complete or sealed. Notables such as Persona 2, DDR Konamix and Disney Mix, Tales of Destiny 2, Capcom vs SNK Pro... and more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^^^sickness

and from the va of the cation scouring

could have had a sonic riders for the cube, but somebody decided they wanted it more than the box. free box at least
    http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&o...it&&lid=100018 wanna check my stuff out.......holla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

The top find on this puts mine to shame but here goes. I got a Sega Nomad (+games) and a Retro Duo (boxed) for a Sony ebook Reader that was just going to waste. Pictures:

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros View Post
    No list for these... too many to list. This was a Craigslist deal.
    Oh dear lord I hate you so much right now. You'll make that back on Persona ALONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Oh dear lord I hate you so much right now. You'll make that back on Persona ALONE.
    I'm not selling it since I don't have it. However, I am selling my disc only copy of DDR Disney Mix that will be replaced by the one I got in this lot.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there was a prize, I think it would go to Kuros.

I've just stopped posting in this thread because (a) I keep buying more crap I can't keep track of and (b) I'm lazy.

Wait a minute...here's some of the stuff I picked up over the weekend.

Gamestop
    Bases Loaded (GB, loose) - $1.29
    Black Stone (XB, complete) - $9.29
    Ducktales (GB, loose) - $1.49
    Lotus Challenge (GC, complete) - $4.49
    Nemesis (GB, loose) - $2.79

Yard Sale
    Purple GameCube with AC adapter, power supply and black Nyko controller - $10

Thrift Stores
    Nyko Dancepad for DDR (complete with box) - $4
    Spot Goes to Hollywood (PS1, complete) - $4
    Super Off Road (GEN, loose) - 49 cents
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (GC, complete) - $1.95

The lady at the counter who is quite young and attractive wanted me to leave either Spot or the other PS1 game that was there for her son. The other game? Bubsy 3D. Not a hard choice.

I also found a lot of retail stuff I just don't want to list right now.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just came in today. Brand new, but I already opened it and played some Super Mario World. $41.00 plus $8.00 shipping from Japan. Too cool to pass up.

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up Call of Duty 2: Special Edition (Platinum Hits) for Xbox 360 for $9.99 at Circuit City (it was in their weekly ad)

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Picross (DS) - $18.99 + tax at K Mart.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice day at the flea market although it was quieter than usual due to coming off the long weekend. Both Cy and Shorty were back though so it was all good. I didn't buy a whole lot but it was all good stuff and I didn't spend much at all.

For the first time in awhile I found some stuff among Cy's assortment. Atop a large speaker was a boxed Video Game Brain. I haven't seen one in a long time and I've never come across one boxed so I grabbed it, knowing they aren't exactly the easiest Atari VCS accessory to find. I also found a Dreamcast fishing controller. When I asked him how much he asked me what the fishing controller was and I told him "it's a fishing controller for games." He said $2.00 for both items, possibly thinking the box went with the controller. The controller works fine and the Video Game Brain is totally complete, in fact it looks as if it may have never been used. I really don't want it so I'll put it up for sale, as always if you're interested you can shoot me a PM before then.

Atari VCS - Video Game Brain (boxed complete) ($1.00)
    DC - Sega Fishing Controller ($1.00)

After flat out telling a few people they were completely out of their minds with their prices (we're talking 5200 splitter cables for the Wico sticks, JUST the splitter, $5.00 - told that guy I'm going to quit wasting my time because he's always full of shit) I found some PlayStation games for $5.00 each. I picked up Mega Man Legends (remembering I had completed it but forgetting I had a copy) and G.Darius (which I've had forever but I know it's a game people look for). Both are complete and in good shape.

PS1 - G.Darius ($5.00)
    PS1 - Mega Man Legends ($5.00)

When looking over Shorty's shrinking assortment of games I noticed a bunch of crates on the ground behind the tables. He said everything's for sale, to go back and look. I found parts from an Action Max and a few loose VCS's and Genesis 2's. Also among the systems I found a set of Atari 2600 Remote Control Joysticks as well as the base module. Also grabbed a loose copy of Taz. He wanted $6.00 for the wireless sticks and the game, no problem at all.

VCS - Atari 2600 Remote Control Joysticks ($5.00)
    VCS - Taz ($1.00)

Always nice when everything works too, there was a tiny bit of corrosion on one of the joystick battery snaps but clean up was no problem at all, both work great.

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heh, cool find on Megaman Legends... a lot of people discounted it because it was all "rpg", but it was a great game!

Also, Kuros.... wow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy cow... first time I saw Kuros' post I thought all the pictures were of the same stack. And I was impressed. Now I see that each pic is a different stack of games... don't know what to say now. A lot of junk in there but who cares at that price! Big big congrats on that find, and my hat is off.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Already been said, but damn if that isn't an awesome find, Kuros.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros View Post
    Got me 209 Playstation games. All complete or sealed. Notables such as Persona 2, DDR Konamix and Disney Mix, Tales of Destiny 2, Capcom vs SNK Pro... and more.
    You mention those but leave out the best titles...Madden 2002-2005...sorry had to mention those. Anyway, I would probably drop dead if I ended finding anything close to that good of a deal in my area so I'm pretty jealous.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this has to be one of the greatest finds threads to grace this forum. Can any of you name a finds thread that has anything with a level of greatness close to 209 sealed and/or complete PS1 games, Brazillian SMS stuff, a video game brain attachment, and an evil penguin famiclone (not to mention all of the other great things in the past pages of this thread)?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This month I got:

Guy Game(factory sealed) for Xbox $10
    Super Smash Brother Melee(factory sealed) for GC $20
    Gamecube(brand new) $49.98
    Castlevania: Dracul X Chronicles(brand new) for Psp $14.98
    The Orange Box(brand new) for PS3 $14.98
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories(brand new) for PS2 $4.98
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent(brand new) for 360 $9.99
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I think this has to be one of the greatest finds threads to grace this forum. Can any of you name a finds thread that has anything with a level of greatness close to 209 sealed and/or complete PS1 games, Brazillian SMS stuff, a video game brain attachment, and an evil penguin famiclone (not to mention all of the other great things in the past pages of this thread)?
    Well, I'll never top the $25.00 complete HeartBeat Personal Trainer from last month. Nothing like a current R10. lol Although I assume that it may slide down to a R9 in the next release of the guide. This has been a good month for a lot of us though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Not compared to some of the SNES rental store blowouts I've seen in the past.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I thought today was going to suck... and it didn't.

I woke up late but there was no line to cross to the US for some reason, so I got to the flea market at around 6:20 AM... I looked at several booths and found nothing. I literally went around the -entire- flea market and there was nothing... until I got to a little corner booth where I bought a bunch of PC games two months ago.

I saw a SNES lying on top of a box, and it turned out it was a storage cabinet. It had a few SNES games, and a SNES manual. The games are below.

The seller said she had tons more stuff, and even some new games, but I got the last games available. WTF?! Who the hell leaves FF3 and Secret of Mana behind?! Ah well. Total was $11, the games are going to eBay but the manual is up for trade.

I was content, I figured, there's no way I could top this. No. Way.

And then I decided to take another look at another booth where I usually buy CDs. They have quirky stuff, and I just glanced over it earlier.

I spotted a PS1 game from about ten feet away. As soon as I saw it I headed towards it. At first I thought it was Star Ocean, but I wasn't prepared for what I found...

$3.

Well, I sure as hell feel happy now. :P

P.S.
    The Calexico McDonalds (near the border crossing) sucks ass. They didn't want to accept my free chicken sandwich coupon that I got in the mail. You hear me? THEY SUCK. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kitsune, excellent find with that sealed suikoden. Also, play secret of mana before you sell it, it's an epic game.