Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

A few packages came in today:

I only need a little less than 60 Nintendo Powers to complete my set (almost 3/4s done).

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Vectorman0: Some PS1 guns won't work on slim PS2 systems - especially the ones that are non-Guncon based (like Konami's gun).

Anyway, I only found one thing at the flea market today:

Burn:Cycle (PC), CIB, $2.

I had a ton of stuff I didn't want so I took it to the FYE store in the mall and got $86 in credit... I only used $10 of it to buy Justice League Heroes on the PS2, near mint. Most everything there is insanely overpriced, and they refuse to give me money for my trade-ins, no matter what.

I then went to Big Lots and bought Spaceballs Special Edition for three bucks. That made my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am considering this as one of my best finds in a while, this set me back a whopping $9.99 at Goodwill today. Seriously, how often does this many pop up in this condition at one time. The loose game is Sports Illustrated Golf Classic. All are complete, a few are missing the clear trays, the Kwerk is slightly crushed but otherwise they are mint.

If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up Rez for the PS2 for $9.99 at Goodwill.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I found a pawn shop in Charlotte with a bunch of 2600 games and picked up the following...

Atlantis
    Demon Attack
    Superman
    Cosmic Ark

And I found Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for the XBOX for $10 CIB and in excellent condition at another pawn shop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Stuff I picked up this week

Ape Escape - $5
    Medal of Honor Heroes - $5
    American Pie Unrated - $5
    Dungeon Maker - $9
    GTA IV preorder disc - free

Not shown in pic

Metal Slug Anthology PS2 - $15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got some Game Boy games at a GameStop this evening (too bad I wasn't able to make it to this GS during the B2G1 sale, oh well). All cart only:

Game & Watch Gallery - $1.49
    Rolan's Curse - $1.49
    Solomon's Club - $1.49
    Killer Instinct - $2.24
    Quarth - $2.99

This puts me over at 50 GB games (51, to be exact).
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 05-05-2008 at 11:51 PM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I stopped at a Movie Trading Company store, to browse their classic game shelf. First thing that caught my eye, a giant cartridge with the name Jungler on it. It took a few seconds to realize that it was an Emerson Arcadia 2001 cart! Behind it was another Emerson cartridge, Escape. Near it were a few Commodore 64 cartridges, so I picked up Radar Rat Race. Also Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Psyco Fox for the Sega Master System, and Choplifter! for the Atari 5200. All cartridges were loose, naturally. All 99¢ each. I looked the place over really well, but I unfortunately couldn't find the Emerson Arcadia 2001 console for the games to run on, which is a serious shame. I've always wanted to fool around with one.

I also stopped at a Sears and bought a Pac-Man T-shirt (marked $18, only rang up $8) and a copy of Eragon for the Xbox 360, marked down to $3.97. I know it's not a great game, but still, I can get four bucks worth of enjoyment out of it. It's not often (or ever) that I find 360 games for under five bucks.

Coming home from OEGE a few weeks ago, I dropped by a Game Xchange in Moore, OK and bought an Atari cart, a couple white label Intellivision carts, and a label-less mystery cartridge that I assumed was a Commodore 64 cart. But in comparing it to the C64 cart I bought today showed me that it wasn't the same. I've done a bit of searching for comparative cartridges and discovered it's a Commodore Plus/4 cart. Now I need to track down a computer to use it on, just to see what the heck is on the thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Had a good week this week...first my post on the 4th and now this on the 6th.

First up the freebie finds:

GameStop:
    - PS carrying bag = free (customer traded in a PS2 and said he didnt want the bag and wanted me to throw it away....screw that, it's mine)
    - Manhunt 2 guide (Brady) = free (pennied out)

And now my purchased finds:

GameStop:
    - Silent Hill Origins = $27 (not much of a find on price, but in my area Origins is quite difficult to come by, so I grabbed it)

Salvation Army (3.99 each/carts only):
    - Mario is Missing
    - Super Mario Kart
    - Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    - Samurai Shodown
    - Mystical Ninja
    - Super Mario RPG
    (*totaled at $25.38)

They had a bunch of other SNES games that I may go back and try to get as well including: Mario All-Stars, DKC 1&2, Boogerman...
    Also passed on a copy of "Discworld II" for PS1 at a pawn shop as it was scratched up pretty bad and the manual was gutted.
    Last edited by incubus421; 05-06-2008 at 11:11 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hit up the Gamestop 25% off GB/GBC sale today and ended up with these:

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Quest
    Bionic Commando: Elite Forces
    Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets

...total damage: $8.05 tax included

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Crappy day with overpriced BS vendors at the flea market today. Just goes to show that I have plenty of bad weeks (but the HeartBeat Personal Trainer last week will make up for the rest of them this year).

Anyway, first pickup was from a vendor that sells everything for a dollar. He always has some good stuff, nothing super amazing but there are normally one or two things of interest for me. I picked up the World Poker Tour plug and play from him, I checked the battery compartment before I bought it and it's free of damage. In fact it even had the little plastic cover over the LCD display that demonstrates what the display looks like. Works great too. My mom bought one of these a couple years back and I'll have to say it's the best home offline video poker you can get, with a bankroll system and different tournaments to buy into and win so you can afford even larger takes.

Next up was a seller that I usually don't buy from, originally because of his prices but lately because he simply doesn't have anything. There was a rainbow Atari 2600 Jr. and eight games, two of which I wanted. He agreed to five dollars for the pair, which are Jr. Pac-Man and Solaris - both some of the top games on the platform in my opinion, and titles I wanted.

Moving on - guy with a bunch of junk, always has a couple NES games in a small box. They're usually always the same games however but this time I spotted a copy of Arkanoid. Now I've been looking for a copy of Arkanoid for a long time - ever since I picked up a Vaus controller to play around with. Of course after I got the controller I couldn't find the game. So I get the game out and look at the guy running the lot, he's sitting on his tailgate behind his sunglasses. I ask how much - no reply, he just kinda rocks back and forth. Once again, I ask how much - no reply. I wave the game in front of him, again, asking how much - no reply. At that moment I considered taking the box of overpriced games and walking off with them, damn would it have made up for all the BS I've taken from him over the years. But no, I don't do that, because I'm supposedly a nice guy. So I yell "HEY, HOW MUCH FOR THE GAMES?!" He kinda stumbles up, almost falls over forward off the tailgate and says "five each, two for nine." ...told you I should have just taken the box. Anyway, I give him a ten and he counts back a five dollar bill to me but keeps looking through his cash, and then hands me another five. At this point I'm thinking to myself "honestly dude, screw you, get plastered yesterday on your fake holiday and I'm supposed to wipe your ass for you??" but no, I stand there and wait for him to realize what's up and I give him one of the fives back. It won't happen again.

World Poker Tour Plug and Play ($1.00)
    NES - Arkanoid ($5.00)
    VCS - Jr. Pac-Man ($2.50)
    VCS - Solaris ($2.50)

Not much until I get to another lot that I've only ever purchased one thing from that I can remember, a Saturn Stunner Arcade Gun. When I bought that the dude's wife was at the space and she endlessly said that I had to wait for him, that she didn't know the prices, that he would be back after looking around, and so on... Eventually I got her to buckle and just make a price of $4.00 (which I was trying to do all along since I knew he'd want to sell it with the system he had - which had no games that supported the gun anyway). So this time, yet again, I notice a Game Boy Camera and Game Boy Printer. I ask how much and guess what... "my husband.. he walk around, use restroom.. I don't know price" Holy hell. I suppose you want me to go find him then, and how about I wipe your mouth when you're done with your bottle too? Geez, he's never there. How freaking hard is it to ask what prices generally are before he leaves, really? And there are always a bunch of people there that want to buy stuff - but no, wait wait wait - until we all leave. I really don't understand people that are selling stuff that don't want to take money. Ah, but this time she has some crappy two way FRS radio she's trying to get him on - all panicked because someone wants to buy something. So he comes back (stepping right past me) and I finally get to asking him. He wants eight freaking bucks, or $50.00 for the box which had a GBC and some busted up PS2 controllers in it. I suppose I wanted to feel like I waited there for something important this time - so I paid him the $8.00 - dunno what came over me honestly.

GB - Game Boy Camera
    GB - Game Boy Printer

Of course the printer barely shows when printing, oh and the panel that has the paper tearoff on it, well it's tabs are snapped so the paper cover holds it on.

Final stop, Shorty. I didn't see much at all but he had a huge box of loose Atari games. I went through them, picking out titles of interes at $1.00 each. It was mainly 2600 games but there were a couple 7800 titles and a few 5200 games in there as well. In a first for me one of the 5200 cartridges had an abandoned wasp nest on it - if you can believe that, gave me a startle when I pulled it out. I ended up picking out 15 games.

VCS - Amidar ($1.00)
    VCS - Barnstorming ($1.00)
    VCS - Decathlon ($1.00)
    VCS - Sky Jinks ($1.00)
    VCS - Trick Shot ($1.00)
    VCS - Turmoil ($1.00)
    VCS - Tutankham ($1.00)
    VCS - Warplock ($1.00)
    VCS - Worm War I ($1.00)
    VCS - Worm War I (different title graphic style label) ($1.00)
    5200 - Dig Dug ($1.00)
    5200 - Joust ($1.00)
    5200 - Kangaroo ($1.00)
    5200 - Ms. Pac-Man ($1.00)
    5200 - Q*bert ($1.00)

Other bullshit of the day, a guy that has a zillion of those Power Joy systems in the box has a bunch of consoles as well. My brother is looking for a cheap SNES, he has one "$60.00, complete system" - yeah, sure... Then he has a bunch of NES games that he hasn't had out there before, just a big box with a random assortment. Cool, so I ask how much for the games and he asks me for which ones. Great... this will be fun. So I pick out a copy of Mario Bros. with heavy label damage and a copy of Conquest of the Crystal Palace. He wants $10.00 for Mario Bros. and $5.00 for Conquest of the Crystal Palace - no thanks, he MAY have gotten $10.00 for the pair from me, but he doesn't haggle.

I did, however, find a bare SNES for my brother, they wanted $10.00 and I got them down to $5.00. I have an extra power adapter (I paid $1.00 for it awhile back, I'll sell it to him for that) and controllers so that's no big deal. It has a hole broken out of the plastic on the back but it seems fine internally. I still need to clean it up for him tomorrow. Would do it today but after I post this it's off to work.

So I guess it turned out alright today but man did I have to go through a lot of shit to turn up with a handful of VCS games.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 05-06-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The other day I purchased a TG-16 game locally to use as a test cartridge on the TurboDuo. Looking on eBay I had an impulse buy for another TG-16 game.
    Final Lap Twin (C - $7)
    Galaga '90 (C - $18 shipped)

I'm leaning towards not caring about boxes and just getting jewel case + manual and cartridge/CD for Turbo games.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

I caved in and got that 360 Elite.

Also, Dungeon Explorer II (Japan Version) came in the mail. Its music is superb, I wish I could find an English language version.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found a copy of Metal Gear Solid non GH for $4.

I know, not the best deal in the world, but it's the first time I ever saw cool games at a thrift store (or even went to one in the first place!)

They also had a pristine copy of Diablo (for pc unfortunately), pretty fun rummaging through those old bins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    The other day I purchased a TG-16 game locally to use as a test cartridge on the TurboDuo. Looking on eBay I had an impulse buy for another TG-16 game.
    Final Lap Twin (C - $7)
    Galaga '90 (C - $18 shipped)

I'm leaning towards not caring about boxes and just getting jewel case + manual and cartridge/CD for Turbo games.
    It was fine for the Japanese, it should be fine for us too. I'm the same way with TG-16 games, if it has the jewel case and booklet I consider it complete. With the box I call it boxed complete (Cosmic Fantasy 2 for example). Nice pickup on Final Lap Twin, my favorite version of my favorite racing series (I include Pole Position and Pole Position II as part of it as well).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I received in the post ...

Batman Forever for the PAL Megadrive.

No big deal, right? Wrong!!!

This is a limited edition collectors box set that neither I nor any other Megadrive collector I know has seen before. As box sets go, it's pretty dull - just an oversized outer box, with a massive poster and four postcards inside. However, as rare Megadrive goodies go, it's a bit of a landmark acquisition for me
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel View Post
    Today I received in the post ...

Batman Forever for the PAL Megadrive.

No big deal, right? Wrong!!!

This is a limited edition collectors box set that neither I nor any other Megadrive collector I know has seen before.
    I guess we won't get to see it either since you didn't post a picture

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoxicone View Post
    I guess we won't get to see it either since you didn't post a picture
    Patience, my friend .. I've not even got it home yet, I posted from work. There will be pics ... I'll probably hang on a couple of days and post the pics along with ones of the Chinese Megadrive game that I am expecting to arrive in a few days - which should also be interesting .. an unlicensed Chinese MD game, coming to me from Hong Kong - and it's complete with manual. Unheard of!
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the following for 5 bucks today:

Sorry about the shadow in the pic.