Thread: Just bought an INTV2, info/advice please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Just bought an INTV2, info/advice please

I just bought a INTELLIVISION II, I believe it ONLY includes the console with controllers and PSU, it is clean and working. I got for $30 USD Shipped (I am in CANADA) so I think that is pretty good, regardless it's a done deal so regardless I need some info/suggestions...........

What do I need to display the games? I assume some type of RF switchbox?
    What are best options? Please give me any advice, suggestions etc.

Are there any multi carts? Other accessories worthwile? I like playing on original system but I am not against multicarts I just want to get as many good games as possible............

THANKS ALL!!!!!!
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 05-04-2008 at 05:54 PM.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, thanks again and I hope you enjoy your INTV 2. I have one of the best golf games for it - Chip Shot Golf - on the Chuckwagon. It will only sell for $5 and thats a pretty good price and I could ship it with your INTV. I think I also have a Burgertime on the Chuckwagon if you want that one.

Some of the best games for the system in my opinion are: Shark Shark, Bowling, Snafu, Diner (Burgertime 2), Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, Astro Smash & Thin Ice. I don't know of any multicarts for the INTV.

I think I have an RF box I can toss in as well

So Cal Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Your best bet unless you mod the system for something like composite output would be to not use a tv/game switchbox, but a coaxial (F-Type) to female RCA adapter. AtariAge sells them in their online store, but you can easily find them locally or your favorite electronics website that sells adapters and such. Should only cost you $5 or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks So Cal Mike!

Cool, looking forward to it! Naw, I am not into 8 bit GOLF games I just can't take them anymore ! I think I would mostly into the arcade type games. I DO remember liking LOCK N CHASE on it. I will keep an eye out on the other's you mentioned thanks!

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD TOSS IN A SWITCHBOX THANKS!

I will keep an eye on both you sites for items of interest.
    Do you usually give a head up once you have shipped items? That would be cool..................
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 05-04-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: correction
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Here's Your INTV 2 In Action

I will ship tomorrow. I will also throw in HE Man and the Masters of the Universe - Don't laugh - It's a real good game also - and also an RF Switch Box and RF Cable so it should be ready to play right out of the box

You may want to go here to see some pretty accurate Intelli Game reviews:

http://www.videogamecritic.net.

Here are the Photos:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Aw man you ROCK!!!!! Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!
    OK cool, now I am REALLY looking forward to receiving my first Intellivision since the 80's.

See that folks? That is service to the max!
    Oh yeah I LOVE the Videogamecritic site! I often use it for retro reviews, think I will go through it again right now !
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 05-04-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Oldschool -

I kinda screwed up and edited my other reply, but I guess it was to late. I didn't think the Burgertime had sold, but it had so it will not be coming. The HE MAN is in there though. Sorry that I misspoke. Btime is a pretty common , cheap game so you will not have any problem finding one.

So Cal Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

! Thought I was imagining things, well you can see I already edited my last reply accordingly, heh no worries man, I figured it was something like that, I am more than happy/satisfied so don't sweat it man, it's all good! In fact it's all great! Hey I don't look a gifthorse in the mouth as they say, I am an easy going guy!
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hmmm, the SYSTEM CHANGER module looks interesting! I have a FLASHBACK 2but no way to play other 2600 carts................
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you telling me you don't have an Atari 2600? I have a real Nice Atari 2600 Jr. that will be included in the May Chuckwagons complete with some games. If you are needing one, keep an eye out for that episode end of this month! It will be on chasingthechuckwagon for $15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomer View Post
    Are you telling me you don't have an Atari 2600? I have a real Nice Atari 2600 Jr. that will be included in the May Chuckwagons complete with some games. If you are needing one, keep an eye out for that episode end of this month! It will be on chasingthechuckwagon for $15.

Heh, yeah I know...........
    To be honest I usually like going the less than obvious route, that's why I opted for an Intellivision II as opposed to an original Intellivision unit. Now I figure since I am getting an INTV2 it might be more interesting to get the add on system changer module, again just to be somewhat different, also to save some space and lastly most people I know will be surprised to see 2600 carts being played on something else. Of course from what I have witnessed so far they seem somewhat rare and the ones I do find of course I get screwed on shipping (to CANADA) so I may have no choice but to go the 2600 console route anyway.............
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?