Thread: Most recent blissful gaming moments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Most recent blissful gaming moments.

Long ago it was getting the hi-score on pac-man in the arcades, getting an ultimate combo on killer instinct, beating ghouls and ghosts or one of a million other great moments in gaming.

So what are recent moments in gaming that made you completely satisfied and brought a smile across your face?

Ok, this is mine and made me create this topic, lol:

Age of Conan, i'm in town a guy walks by and I accidentely hit him with my sword once "ok I was just teasing"....he decides to go ape shit on me...so...well, my pc is good and I know my combos. I sprayed his blood with a fatality, and since this is the first fatality i've ever giving to someone on an mmorpg, it was very...satisfying "his blood splattered all on my screen ", especially considering I know he saw the whole thing cause you can't ressurect till your body hits the ground.

Anyway...after I killed him he came back in the same area and I was invisible. I said "that was very sweet" and he just stood there lol....I left. Man it was soooo f'in cool, you can definetely release anger in this game if you are out in the field grinding and things arent going well. I will probably have a whole guild after me later....ah well,, hehe.

Share your recent moments....

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally finding all 200 pigeons in GTA IV today was pretty satisfying.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

I one-shipped R-Type sometime last week. That was pretty neat.

I also recently beat Nocturne, which I'd been playing on and off for a year or so. It was one of those games I decided to finish no matter what, and finally crossing it off the list was very satisfying(especially since it was so difficult).

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God of War on god mode was very satisfying...not because of the difficulty really, as you can restart from a checkpoint a zillion times, but because of how fun/cool the ending battles are (protecting your family can take over an hour to do if you are unlucky!).

Also, getting a phone number to call just felt so old school, it was great.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My blissful moment wasn't exactly by playing a game. Walking to Someplace Else arcade, circa 1982, after reading about the sequels to Galaga and Pac-Man, and seeing two rows of cocktail versions of these games, brand new, was pretty memorable. Playing Galaga for the first time was a very close second. That was probably the last blissful gaming experience I ever had.

Although beating Double Dragon on one quarter (and forever thereafter being able to do it every game) was pretty cool...

EDIT: Oh... you said the most recent moment. My bad. I guess I best take my ass to Lens Crafters...

That would be seeing the game I'm writing running on the Dreamcast for the first time...
    Last edited by Brian Deuel; 05-11-2008 at 08:40 AM.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a substitute teacher. Last week, there was a field trip that left one of my classes with only four students. The teacher had suggested a children's movie for them. They were seniors. They asked if they could hook up their Wii instead, and I agreed.

After watching them play Brawl for awhile, I asked if I could sit in for a round. I watched their expressions change from amusement to horror, as I systematically wiped the floor with them. Eventually, the three of them teamed up to dry to drop me. I nailed one on his last life, and he was out. At this, another exclaimed, "oh no, no way am I losing to the teacher."

A few seconds later, he was flying off the screen, too. This left just me, and one student standing. He did eventually get me (when it got down to the two of us, he had 3 stock left, while I was on my last), but it was a really cool experience, anyway.

After that, I gave their controller back and quit playing, as it felt a bit delinquent for me to play videogames while working, even if there was nothing for me to teach. Either way, though, I bet they don't soon forget that one.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Rock band jam session with friends finally beat some songs that had been kicking our asses for some time. Also got into the hall of fame! Sweet.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus right now and felt pure awe when I first jumped onto the back of the flying one, hanging on for dear life! I love/hate this game, it nearly makes me cry every time I drop another of these giants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Blowing up a manager from work with a rocket launcher in GTA4 (several times), now when he starts talking shit at work I mention that, he then calls me out on COD4.

Also, a few months ago I finally beat Rygar (NES) and I was glad to finally be able to beat a game I thought was impossible in when I was younger.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus right now and felt pure awe when I first jumped onto the back of the flying one, hanging on for dear life! I love/hate this game, it nearly makes me cry every time I drop another of these giants.
    Oooh, I'll second that one. I actually called my neighbor over (a friend of mine) to see me do it again. That game was full of those moments. To me it seemed like I was playing an epic movie or something.

This moment wasn't blissful necessarily, but I got a good laugh out of it. A couple weeks ago I discovered a trial month of Live and promptly hopped on Team Fortress 2. I was playing capture the flag for the first time. I had grabbed the "flag" and made it half-way back to the base before getting killed. A teammate picked it up but dropped it again soon after. I went running around frantically looking for it as I hadn't figured out the layout of the map yet. Then I saw it right next to the door where people usually spawn out of. I picked it up in a hurry and ran as fast as I could back towards the other side. About half-way back someone shot at me from behind but then strangely stopped. I didn't turn around and kept going. I made it all the way down to the base, and just as I was about to return it I got killed by... a sentry gun? What the heck is a sentry gun doing in... our.. uh oh. I had taken the flag from our own base and run it allllll the way back to it's home. Once I realized what I had done I couldn't stop laughing. My team ended up losing that game and I wasn't invited back. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Sneaking up behind snipers in COD4 and knifing them in the back. Added "bliss" when the cowards are hiding up on the ridge in Creek.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)