Thread: Auction payment problem...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Auction payment problem...

I recently won an auction on ebay. I paid via paypal $80. I have the paypal receipt that they send you, and proof I paid through paypal with a transaction id and it is marked "completed". Well, the guy emailed me and said that he did not receive it. This is unlikely. I paid over 12 hours ago, and like I said, it was sent to him..correct email and all...and is in my recent paypal activity as "completed". What should I do now? I have this feeling he got the cash and is just saying he did not. I am a verified member and so is he...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

12 hours really isn't very long, Bruce! Your seller sounds like an impatient man.. What's the timestamp on the emails you recieved from PayPal? And did you use a credit card, or a bank transfer? Because I thought bank transfers took a bit longer..
    I guess what you could do is some CYA moves.. First, forward copies of those emails to the seller (heck, go all the way and show full headers!) so he at least sees that you have them. It's still possible that he might not believe you, but it's worth a shot. And then I'd be sending an email off to PayPal customer service mighty quick. Or calling them. It might be that by the time you actually hear from or talk to someone, the "problem" will have solved itself and the money arrived at it's proper location, but it won't hurt to make the effort. Whatever you do, do NOT resend the money until you've made contact with PayPal directly!

Oh, almost forgot! When you send money to a person, they also get an email that says they've recieved a payment.. Have they not gotten the email at all?

Here's a link to PayPal's contact info:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

A couple times I never got the e-mail confirming payment and had to physicaly log into my PayPal account to see the money there. And sometimes it takes a day. Have him check his account directly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would give it 24 hours, and if they still say that they have not got it in their account, I'd go to PayPal and request a refund/cancle transauction. E-mail the seller and get their PayPal I.D. again, and resend it(wait until you have a refund until you resend it). If they say they don't get it the second time, then get the money back and send a money order with delivery confirmation/or signature required mail. I have had to do this a couple of times. Did the money come straight out of your PayPal account, or is it having to come from your bank account?
    Tony

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give him the link to the transaction details.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gave him the link and all is good now. I am just a little worried about this one as it looks as if he has stiffed some other people. Well, he says he's posting it today. When it arrives as decribed is when I will be at ease

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last few days I have not received one email from PayPal saying that someone has sent me payment and I have been paid on several items. The only way I found out was because I went to pay someone through PayPal and the money was there when I logged on.