Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to put this. I read what content should be posted in the other forums, but it still didn't seem to be exactly correct. Move it if you need to

Anyway I recently received free copies of the Video Game Collector Magazine (Thanks VG Collector!) and was quite impressed. I was most surprised by the pricing guide in the back which also is what my question is about. In short, how fair/accurate do you think it is?

I know most of what I'm asking is an opinion that can be summed up as, if I think it's a fair price, it's a fair price. I understand and appreciate that for the games that I desire, it's the ones I don't know much about that causes me to question their approximate value.

If you have looked at the magazine, do you think the pricing chart is based off of rarity, the quality of the game, and the prices most people are realistically going to see, or more like the way DP does it (not that it's bad)? There is a pretty big difference between the two pricing guides so while VGC seems to be more in line with the prices I see at the places I look, compared to DP I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

To look at it another way, if the magazine regularly set prices of common SNES games at 50 dollars, like one of the stores in my area, and it was all I knew, it may seem to me like the store was giving me good prices. Knowing what I know, both the magazine and store would be crazy. I know the extremes, I'm not passing on a radiant silvergun for 10 dollars and I'm not paying 50 dollars for super mario world. It's everything in the middle that I need help on and in your opinion does VGC do a good job at fair "realistic" pricing?

A small side note: Pricing based on Quality is very important to me. I'd much rather have a fantastic common game, then a rare sucky one in my collection. I could be way off here, but it seems like DP doesn't factor in the quality due to the subjectiveness, however purposefully or not, based on my browsing of the VGC guide, it appears that good games are marked as worth more, even if they aren't all that rare. If I'm way off on that, let me know.

Thanks you everybody!

P.S. If this sort of thing has been posted a million times... go easy on me