Thread: Has anybody seen Dojosky?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Has anybody seen Dojosky?

It seems he's run off with money from a few members (myself included to the sum of $130) over on the Neo-Geo.com forums.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183498

And yes, I got a PayPal chargeback decided in my favor, but there was no money in the account to collect.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum area to post this.

RJ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to move this over to the buying and selling forum.

And for what it's worth, someone has also already posted in his feedback thread, here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47852
    Appears he also had some issues prior to this.
    Last edited by punkoffgirl; 06-08-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He tried to screw me out of $90 last year, but I badgered him enough that he finally refunded the money.
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Well, not to jump on the bandwagon but when I was new here my first buy/sell was with Dojosky. It was Corpse Killer for the 32X, he claimed it got lost in the mail like er.. twice! I remember thinking "Wow! this guy has 3 copies of this crappy game?"

Anyway's I finally got the game like 2 months later, and after a lot of PM's he gave me the "Death in the family, lost in the mail" reasoning. I never left any feedback for it, as I was new to the forums at the time, guess that's a good enough reason for some of the newer members around here to leave honest feedback. Even if your dealing with a member who has been here a while. After all, if I had voiced what was going on in his feedback thread maybe the next person would have had him ship first...

Shawn

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dojosky's not a bad guy, he really does have issues with family, kids, and work, which is no excuse, but he's not going to run off with everyone's money, he just gets overwhelmed and can't get to the post office himself sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I have always had preasurable experiences with the guy. I hope that everything settles down for everyone. I personally dont think that he would scam anyone
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Dojosky's not a bad guy, he really does have issues with family, kids, and work, which is no excuse, but he's not going to run off with everyone's money, he just gets overwhelmed and can't get to the post office himself sometimes.
    This has been a pattern with him for over a year now, and in light of recent events, it's only gotten worse. If he has as many problems as he claims, then the last thing he should be doing is taking more responsibilities with buying and selling stuff.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    He tried to screw me out of $90 last year, but I badgered him enough that he finally refunded the money.
    I do not remember dealing with you ... your screen name does not ring a bell to me ...My pc got hacked into and Killed by some VIRUSES so here I am borrowing a laptop from a friend of mine to reply to this thread and make sure everyone is happy etc and respond to any issues that needs to be resolved thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Well, not to jump on the bandwagon but when I was new here my first buy/sell was with Dojosky. It was Corpse Killer for the 32X, he claimed it got lost in the mail like er.. twice! I remember thinking "Wow! this guy has 3 copies of this crappy game?"

Anyway's I finally got the game like 2 months later, and after a lot of PM's he gave me the "Death in the family, lost in the mail" reasoning. I never left any feedback for it, as I was new to the forums at the time, guess that's a good enough reason for some of the newer members around here to leave honest feedback. Even if your dealing with a member who has been here a while. After all, if I had voiced what was going on in his feedback thread maybe the next person would have had him ship first...

Shawn
    I never made those excuses up it is TRUE !! and I have a case of corpse killer 32x somewhere I still do ... but glad u got it safely thanks !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    It seems he's run off with money from a few members (myself included to the sum of $130) over on the Neo-Geo.com forums.

And yes, I got a PayPal chargeback decided in my favor, but there was no money in the account to collect.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum area to post this.

RJ
    Hi Raymond I have emailed you and told you about what had happened the stuff got returned to me because post office refused to accept it as for media mail I gave you a good deal !

Neo Geo CDZ semi working the cd does not spin
    Vectrex with Scramble game (WORKING)
    Time Killer Board used to work but not anymore
    all that for $130 shipped.

but PayPal has held your $130.00 I am in the talks with Paypal To have them release the funds to you . thanks.

so my next options are to send you a money order for $130.00 since you do not want the items anymore.. or have one of my friend to paypal you thanks !

don

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don and I are in talks over on the Neo-geo.com forums and he's supposed to ship it via USPS Priority Mail + Delivery Confirmation after he gets paid this week.

When I receive the items I'll update the post and I'll contact PayPal about the judgement against him.

RJ

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe when things settle down for ya Don you can send me the TG16 World Sports Competition and Cadash manual you owe me from about a year ago that i did not get with my games you stopped responding to my pm's awhile back so i thought i would mention it here one more time.
    red wine raging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe a nice guy but I wouldn't stand for something that takes weeks too ship much less months to a year and even if he does have problems he shouldn't be lying, I mean what postal service loses that many packages?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny, I assume a guy who's around this much at DP would have a reasonable reputation, I had no idea.

I've bought from him several times, without major issues. Latest item did have a month or more delay. I'm pretty patient, esp with known quantities.

Yeah, the postal service doesn't lose a lot. It's not unheard of for something to go lost, but very very rare. I've mailed thousands of items, and I can barely think of one that was outright lost and I could prove it. When things get lost, I've found them delivered back to me after months, most of the time.

Most issues with 'loss' are the sellers fault (improper postage, address, packaging) or the buyer's fault (wrong address- you wouldn't believe how often I get kooky stories about "I'm moving so mail to this address I'll pick it up"- suspicious I know).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, just read all of this thread, his DP FB thread, thread at NeoGeo.com, and his ebay FB (no longer a registered user). I'll know to stay away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dojosky is still AWOL, and still hasn't correct the problems even though he said he would over four months ago:

"You can judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

My feedback
    Digitpress.com
    Neo-Geo.com (over 100 feedbacks)
    Sega-Naomi.com
    GameGavel.com
    ChasetheChuckwagon.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ooc

Sorry for saying something slightly out of topic but,

Most issues with 'loss' are the sellers fault (improper postage, address, packaging) or the buyer's fault (wrong address- you wouldn't believe how often I get kooky stories about "I'm moving so mail to this address I'll pick it up"- suspicious I know).
    I don't know for other people, but as a university student I tend to move at least once every 6 months. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only student collector, so keep that in mind when someone have weird mail requirements :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

He is still around; I talked to him on AIM last week. He has good intentions, even if he is taking/has taken too long.