Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 9 new info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

I finally got a 360 a couple weeks ago and I d/l the demo of Megaman 9 Today. Its great. Sucks it ended right when I got to Concrete Man. Or is it just timed? I'll d/l the full version when I get an HDD which will be this Friday.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Finally got on this last night. Absolutely loved every second of what I've played. Have to go with Galaxy Man and Tornado Man as the best stages thus far, but I've not made it far in some of the others. I must say that Penny Arcade's stip about it yesterday is spot-on.

RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Are you insane? Tornado Man's stage was the bane of my existence! Those rotating platforms drove me bonkers!

The comic is absolutely spot on. I'm sure there was a part of us all that hadn't seen the light of day in nearly fifteen years that came out when we sat behind that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I kind of find Tornado Man's stage fun, but the last segment can be really annoying, especially with the damn umbrellas floating out of the clouds. However, my personal most-hated stage is Plug Man on three premises:

1: THE VANISHING BLOCKS. Oh my god, I hate them forever. 15 years and they're still among the most obnoxious obstacles ever.

2: Those damn shadow Mega Men annoy the hell out of me. They're really hard to shake if you don't kill them, but luckily, I've found the Laser Trident takes care of them quickly.

3: Plug Man himself is one of the hardest Robot Masters in the game, IMO. He's real hard to avoid when his Plug Balls are raining down on you.

For the record, my personal favorite levels are Galaxy Man and Concrete Man. That's subject to change, but that's how I see it now.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I woke up this morning to find that my Wii A/C adaptor had fried. To make sure the Wii itself was fine, I hooked it up to my spare and played some MM9. Before I knew it, I was at Wily and still had 6 E-Tanks and my M-Tank, with 8 lives remaining. That was a good morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga View Post
    I kind of find Tornado Man's stage fun, but the last segment can be really annoying, especially with the damn umbrellas floating out of the clouds. However, my personal most-hated stage is Plug Man on three premises:

1: THE VANISHING BLOCKS. Oh my god, I hate them forever. 15 years and they're still among the most obnoxious obstacles ever.

2: Those damn shadow Mega Men annoy the hell out of me. They're really hard to shake if you don't kill them, but luckily, I've found the Laser Trident takes care of them quickly.

3: Plug Man himself is one of the hardest Robot Masters in the game, IMO. He's real hard to avoid when his Plug Balls are raining down on you.

For the record, my personal favorite levels are Galaxy Man and Concrete Man. That's subject to change, but that's how I see it now.
    Use Jewel Satellite on the umbrellas.

1. Rush Jet over them, or destroy the hologram generators with something. Tornado them away if you must.
    2. Jewel Satellite.
    3. Keep Jewel Satellite on, and keep away from him. Fire the Jewel Satellite from a distance, and instantly re-arm it. He'll never touch you. You'll run out before he dies, so just use the buster on him three or four times.

I think you can guess what weapon I use the most often. MOST sections of the game work really nicely with Jewel Satellite left on.

Something else that I've found...
    GO CRAZY with special weapons on the first Wily stage boss. The spike balls move faster with most of them. Magma moves three at a time, but it's slower. Plug Ball is great, since you can hit the bottom one from the top! You'll have enough placed weapon energy in stage 2 to restore most of your Tornado and Trident for the next boss. In Wily 3, use your M-Tank before you get the placed one.

And I strongly recommend using the damage reducer at the very beginning of Wily 4. LOT easier that way.
    Last edited by NayusDante; 10-02-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Nayus: I agree the Jewel Satellite is awesome. Finally, a shield weapon in the series that doesn't totally blow!

Well... to be fair, the Junk Shield from Mega Man 7 was okay. I digress. Question time: Does anyone think that with MM9's resounding success, a Mega Man 10 in the old style is going to be in the works? Way too soon to ask that, I know.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe. But I'm probably more looking forward to a Mega Man X9 pimped out in SNES style.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

I heard this game is so hard that it makes you wanna kill yourself, and you'll be screaming at the TV so much your lungs will start to hurt from all of the screaming, is that true?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly Dylan View Post
    I heard this game is so hard that it makes you wanna kill yourself, and you'll be screaming at the TV so much your lungs will start to hurt from all of the screaming, is that true?
    Only the first time you play through it. If you can get through that, it's easy as hell. YES, it's EASY AS HELL AFTER YOU'VE PLAYED THROUGH IT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

So after ignoring the fact that this game came out on Live earlier in the week, I started playing that Megaman 7 NES version Sotenga posted. I haven't played Megaman 7 in years and playing it this way was a really nice treat. I can't wait for #8 to be done in the same fashion, and I think #7 sparked my interest enough to fnally go try #9, and maybe even replay the first 6.

For anyone who is struggling with the keyboard controls on Megaman 7, Might I suggest Xpadder. It allows you to map keyboard presses to your gamepad, making the game infinitely more playable (for me anyways ).

http://xpadder.com/

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone else download Protoman or the Endless level yet? I got both, and love the Endless level. So far I have made it to 202 screens (Ice+spikes SUCKS). The person ranking at #1 right now is at ~2700 screens. Yikes.

You also get a new power-up, kind of a Mega Man Mario Mega Mushroom:

Just kidding.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so they kinda-sorta took stages from older megaman games. cool. yay for youtube.

Too bad they didnt keep the original sprites and bitmaps.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Btw anyone wanting to chance their arm at getting a $50 press kit, Capcom have announced the remaining stock will be available from the store at 3pm EST today. Their site is going to die...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Btw anyone wanting to chance their arm at getting a $50 press kit, Capcom have announced the remaining stock will be available from the store at 3pm EST today. Their site is going to die...

That's actually 3PM PST
    . Sucks for me, since I'll be at work.
    Last edited by Oobgarm; 10-09-2008 at 06:32 AM.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So much for those $10 stickers in the pictures. I'm really not happy about the price.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

EGM gave MM9 a B+.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put in my order for a Press Kit. It said SOLD OUT several minutes after I got my email confirmation, so I'm guessing that I got one.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I put in my order for a Press Kit. It said SOLD OUT several minutes after I got my email confirmation, so I'm guessing that I got one.
    Sadly, this may or may not be true. They honestly don't know how many they can sell and so they just took orders for about 15 minutes or so. If you ordered just before the sell out, I would suspect you won't be getting one.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finished it, great game (!) although it was the most difficult of all the Mega Man games.

I had the most problems with the stage 3 boss in Wiley's castle. (the big bubbles) because I didn't realize that the black Hole Bomb not only has to be deployed but also activated! (like the Drill Bomb weapon from Mega Man 4)

HINT: for the stage 3 boss in Wiley's castle use the Black Hole Bomb. Before the robotic eye switches from one blob to another, lay the bomb in its path this way: Jump and deploy the bomb with the shoot button, then activate it by pressing the shoot button again! The eye will go through and takes a lot of damage. Five hits will do. If not activated, the weapon is ineffective.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't followed the insanity over at the Unity forums today. I can wait to find out if I'm getting one or not.