Thread: Wii Guitar Hero World Tour - DLC confirmed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wii Guitar Hero World Tour - DLC confirmed

After reading this article, I'm excited for the new Guitar Hero game!

IGN - Bringing Guitar Hero World Tour to Wii

Article highlights:

"Activision and Vicarious Visions are hard at work on the official sequel to Guitar Hero III, an ambitious undertaking that strives to outdo Rock Band in every regard. It's called Guitar Hero World Tour. It comes not only with a guitar, but with a microphone and drum set, too. And there's a music mixer program. And downloadable content. And online multiplayer.

Guess what? The Wii version includes it all.

Guitar Hero World Tour adds drums and a microphone, in addition to some great innovations on the guitar. On the software side, we have robust character customization, online play with up to eight players (including Band Vs Band online), downloadable songs and the ground breaking Music Studio, in which players can create their own tunes and share them with other Wii players via GHTunes. It's all there on the Wii.

The Music Studio is really cool. It allows players to create their own note charts for guitars and drums. They can record it in real-time or go into the advanced recording features and layout the notes and edit/modify as needed to create a masterpiece.

We expect fans to create amazing songs that everyone else can download and play! The Wii version will be very similar to the PS3/360 version, but the content sharing can only be traded within the Wii community.

DLC is something we've been looking at since GHIII. It was the most requested feature by Wii players and the team has really worked hard to deliver on this promise. I know there has been detractors who say the Wii can't do DLC for various technical reasons – and they are dead wrong. The system is quite capable.

Yes, the Wii has limited storage and it has taken longer than we anticipated getting this feature fully working. But it works and it's cool.

GHWT Wii has an in-game Music Store, which allows players to preview, purchase and download new songs as we release them online. Players can purchase songs using their Wii Points. It's really easy. You can download to the Wii System Memory or store songs on an SD Card, called the Rock Archive.

We have a new feature called "create-a-set list". So when you want to play songs you have purchased, you just make a custom set list of songs you wish to play from the Rock Archive, pick a venue and play!

If you accidentally delete a song, or don't have an SD Card and have run out of room in the Wii system memory, you can always re-download the song for free."

U.S. release date: October 2008

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I read that right, you'll be able to access the DLC right off the SD! Also, I'll be able to share some of my songs with y'all and you can pretend to play it on GH! They do this right and all I can say is, "What the hell is Rock Band?" Oh man. I am literally tingling with anticipation. Time to fire up the old rig and crank out some new tunage. I must be prepared.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 06-21-2008 at 12:24 AM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    If I read that right, you'll be able to access the DLC right off the SD! Also, I'll be able to share some of my songs with y'all and you can pretend to play it on GH! They do this right and all I can say is, "What the hell is Rock Band?" Oh man. I am literally tingling with anticipation.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Music Studio feature. It seems like it'll be a lot of fun!

I was going to buy Rock Band for the Wii this month, but now I'll wait for the new Guitar Hero instead.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, after reading all that it's got no-brainer written all over it. Tried Rock Band on PS3 a little while ago and I was a bit underwhelmed. I was expecting, better... no, more? Different maybe? We'll it wasn't what I expected after hearing so much wowzers about it. Then again, it was at a kiosk so the atmosphere could have put me off. I'm not sure.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Wow! I may buy a wii for this game alone. I have never had a system on-line but for the purpose of sharing songs I think it may be worth it!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Has anyone figured out yet what the largest capacity SD card the Wii can hold is?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I thought it was 2GB but I'm not 100% sure on that. Should be more than enough to hold a ton of songs.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Far as I'm aware, the Wii can't handle SDHC cards, so 2GB is tops at the moment.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The instruction manual indicates 2GB.