Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NAVA Gamer's Meeting, July 26th: "Weekend at Hardie's" NOW WITH PICS AND VIDEO

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

If only I knew what Hardie looked like! I have never met the man before until tomorrow. I've been looking through NAVA pictures as well.

What I think we should do is when he walks in the store (or is already there) we should all clap. I have a weird feeling someone is going to make a "Welcome Back!" cake, or at least buy one.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope John does make it, I haven't seen him in a long while. It seems that the NAVA "old guard" has been underrepresented, at least at the last few I've been to.

Does anyone happen to be looking for any pre-recorded VHS? I found a large box full while looking for trade items. I know I have the Die Hard special editions, the Beatles Anthology, and God knows what else. If anyone would be interested to look through what I have, I'll bring it along. I'll check back in the morning before we leave. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, yay!
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I'm definitely coming. I'll be brining some stuff to trade. I'm also going to bring a brand new Wii Fit I recently bought. I've had some seconds thoughts about it, so I figured I would try and sell it at NAVA before I return it to the store. I'm going to ask $100, or an amazing trade. (no complaints about price jacking - it costs me $40 in gas to get there!)

I'm looking for a nice PSP-2000 case, PSP component cables, Japanese Minna no Golf games, and good deals on atari 2600 carts I don't have. There is other stuff I'm interested in too. And I almost forgot that I need a cheap laserdisc movie worth watching to test out this LD player I just bought at Goodwill recently.

I hope to meet some new people, namely fergojisan. See you guys there!
    Last edited by Vectorman0; 07-26-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Had a great time at NAVA like always. Met some good ol' DP regulars once again and chilled with the dudes from Life in a Game. It was awesome. Ms. Pac-Man on Atari was one of the highlights of the day for me, as my friends and I were just going and going back and forth playing that awesomeness.

Also there was epic team battles in the back in Team Fortress 2 with Apollo, Dan (Life in a Game) and others, one match should of been recorded it was soooooooooooo amazing, Apollo, you know what I'm talking about

Mike told us all how great he was on some game on the arcade, he was so good that he didn't even look while playing! THAT WAS AMAZING BEYOND ALL WORDS! But one thing I did not do is meet the Digital Press famous 'John Hardie'. Sucks for me eh? I hope he'll be back next month.

Well, until next time everyone! See you all there!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Pictures and video are now available!

http://www.digitpress.com/images/store

I had a great time. A lot of the "old school" was in attendance and there was just a TON of great stuff in people's trade boxes. Excerpt from my "trade in" thread, here's some of the stuff I picked up:

Supergrafx System (loose) - Complete NEC Supergrafx system, first time traded in. No games but of course it plays all of the PC Engine Hucards and there are lots of those in the store right now.

Saturn Christmas Nights (complete) - In great condition in its little sleeve. Just in time for the holiday!

Virtual Boy System (complete) - Boxed - oops, ALMOST complete. It was missing the battery pack as the owner had purchased an AC adapter instead. I'm pretty sure I have an extra battery pack to make the set complete. Also, the AC adapter is in the box which is a nice bonus.

Sega 32X System (complete) - Also complete in box.

Atari Jaguar System (complete) - Like 3DO, it seems we're seeing more of these in the past 3 months than we'd seen in the past year prior. It's all good.

XBox 360 Lego Indiana Jones (complete) - I'm excited! This is the first time it was traded in. This is what I'll be playing the next few days.

Jaguar Game Lot (complete) - A collection of about 20 games, boxed complete. Most are the ones you see all the time, but there were some others like Alien vs. Predator, Ruiner Pinball, Raiden, and Pitfall which I don't see as often.

Sega Master System Game Lot (complete) - Similar to the above. About 25 boxed complete games, mostly common stuff but included the rare Buster Douglas Boxing as well as some uncommons like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Paperboy, and Strider.

Virtual Boy Game Lot (complete) - I can count the number of times we've gotten boxed Virtual Boy games in the store on one hand. Today, about 15 unique titles and some really good/hard to find ones including Jack Bros, Waterworld, Mario Clash, and Tetris 3D.

PS1 Vandal Hearts (complete) - Among a pile of PS1 games taken in today, this was the only one that stood out. One of my favorite tactical RPG's.

Wii Fit (new) - One of our NAVA members happened upon this at a store (at the time you're reading this, they're very scarce) and picked it up, knowing someone would want it. This isn't exactly a trade-in, more like a direct purchase.

Atari 2600 Game Lot (complete) - Hooray for boxed complete games from the 80's! Another NAVA member was thinning out his collection, I picked out about two dozen games from his trade box, including Sky Skipper, Racquetball, Nexar, MegaForce, Gyruss, Sssnake, GI Joe, Kool-Aid Man, Wizard of Wor, Worm War I, Fast Food, and more.

3DO Game Lot (complete) - Same guy as above, about 8 3DO games the store did not have before including Strahl, AD&D Deathkeep, Creature Shock, and Syndicate.

PS2 Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    (boxed) - Ugh, missing the manual. Part of a trade with one of my store associates.

XBox Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    (complete) - That's better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cataractula
    PSN
    CTRCT

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly Dylan View Post

Also there was epic team battles in the back in Team Fortress 2 with Apollo, Dan (Life in a Game) and others, one match should of been recorded it was soooooooooooo amazing, Apollo, you know what I'm talking about !

Haha, definitely. It was great to finally put a face to Vectorman, after hearing about hiom being at the NAVA's but never actually meeting him. Had a blast playing TF2 in the back, and just a great time overall. Ended up selling my Wii, and the money is going right into me finally getting a 360. I'll be sure to come back to the store on Tuesday and get that high score for Space Zap...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I didn't stay too long or meet anyone new, I have a hard time introducing myself to people. Thanks to Joe and Maryah for hooking us up with the Wii, it is beyond cool.

And if you've never been to a NAVA meeting before, this is what you can expect:

More pictures here, taken by Sarah:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...20July%202008/
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gosh darn it, it looked like you guys had a blast...hopefully I will see you all next month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

This past NAVA was a blast. It was the best one I have attended in quite some time. John Hardie even decided to show up! We had some epic conversations in the basement, much of which can be attributed to Mike. I know the long time forum member but new NAVA attendee, djbeatmongrel, liked it so much that he will want to come back.

John Hardie guaranteed me that he would be at the next NAVA; I told him if that is true then I will definitely be there too.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

I had fun coming up for the first time. It was great meeting lots of new people including but not exclusive to joe santulli and john hardie themselves. I'll try to make come up every so often.

by the way whomever was taking pictures got a shot of my custom leather wrist band :^D

Last edited by djbeatmongrel; 07-27-2008 at 04:08 PM.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by fergojisan View Post
    Sorry I didn't stay too long or meet anyone new, I have a hard time introducing myself to people. Thanks to Joe and Maryah for hooking us up with the Wii, it is beyond cool.

And if you've never been to a NAVA meeting before, this is what you can expect:

More pictures here, taken by Sarah:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...20July%202008/
    HOT. NAVA. MAN-LOVE.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Good meeting you too, Allec. You actually got a story out of me that very few have heard.

My favorite picture is the one with Devon from PBC Productions man-kissing Frankie_Says_Relax. I very nearly wet myself when it happened, and I'm glad Mrs. fergojisan got a photo. My second favorite photo is this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    IT4CH1 UCH1HA
    PSN
    kaleidescope

definetly agree with vectorman this was one of the best NAVAs so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Quote Originally Posted by sonicteam View Post
    definetly agree with vectorman this was one of the best NAVAs so far
    I thought I overheard someone talking about a Miley Cyrus avatar on the forum! so that was you! ha ha!

Seems like I missed and didn't get to talk to alot of new and old members of DP this month, looks like I better put a picture of myself as my avatar again so ya'all can find me!
    Last edited by Dastardly Dylan; 07-27-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    My second favorite photo is this one.

Pigtails make every photo better!

(I did say pigtails, right?)
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoyed this NAVA and hope to see everyone next month also. Great convo's with the regulars and meeting John Hardie was pretty sweet.

Joe, I may end up buying that George Foreman BBQ Grill for the Winter NAVA's, A Flameless BBQ in November may in order.

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

Insert Coin (Level 0) supergoldzero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    supergoldzer0
    PSN
    supergoldzero

I had a fantastic time at the latest NAVA! Be aware that I got the infamous kiss on video and I shall posting it online alongside all the Game Boy Camera pictures I took by the end of this week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry we missed it... Sparky Cutnut and I went out with a crowd for a friend's birthday party on Friday night, and I never really recovered from it... I'm still a mess. ;-)

I'm getting too old to drink like that! ;-)

If anyone wants the gory details, let me know.

Sounds like we missed a good one. I'm sure I would've gotten some of that stuff before you did, Joe!
    Need. More. Games.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schenley View Post
    Sorry we missed it... Sparky Cutnut and I went out with a crowd for a friend's birthday party on Friday night, and I never really recovered from it... I'm still a mess. ;-)

I'm getting too old to drink like that! ;-)

If anyone wants the gory details, let me know.

Sounds like we missed a good one. I'm sure I would've gotten some of that stuff before you did, Joe!
    btw I was the one that paged you on Live (was playing 1942 at the time). For some reason I could not connect to chat (probably 3 or 4 reasons at that hour, hee hee hee).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    IT4CH1 UCH1HA
    PSN
    kaleidescope

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly Dylan View Post
    I thought I overheard someone talking about a Miley Cyrus avatar on the forum! so that was you! ha ha!
    i wasn't aware my avatar was the subject of conversation hhmmm, well in any case yes i guess i'm the only one on the forum with a miley avatar