Hey there, newbie here with a variant of the old Mega CD problem.

Basically yesterday it gave up the ghost. I went to turn it on, but nothing happend... when i say nothing, i mean the lights didn't come on the front and the signal & sound through the tv was similer to an old dialup modem! So any futher referance of 'nothing' in my post means the above

So i tried cleaning the contacts on the Magadrive. Nothing.

The Megadrive on it's own works perfectly fine btw.

Then i went to google and found this place, searched & read through as many posts as i could on the subject and saw "F1 fuse" was a popular response.

So i put a new one in. Nothing.

I checked the power lead, that works fine. Cleaned the connection inside the hole, but nothing.

Tried moving, jiggling, pushing the MD tighter against the connection. Nothing.

I then cut the new fuse out and just hard wired it, as i've read people have done this also. Nothing.

So then i just sat there flicking it on and off until once, for a split second, the lights flashed on!

So now i'm convinced the power is fine to it. So then i went and dug out a Megadrive 2 i've got in the loft, chucked it on... boom, the CD works fine!

Put the MD1 back on, nothing, MD2 on works fine?

Has anybody heard of this before? Any ideas?

I have taken the top off the MD a couple of times when i was reading up about ftting the mod switches, so i don't know i've i've damaged it somehow? Like i say it works fine on its own and the CD worked ok after the first time i opened up the MD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I know i've kinda made an epic rambling first post, sorry about that, it's just hard being the newbie

Thanks,

Ben