Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 E3 08 Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked it. Not the greatest press conference I've ever seen but it was cool. It definitely got me interested in Fallout 3---those graphics were tight. I could care less about all the casual shit they showed and I don't even know who that bimbo singer was, but I thought it was a nice all around show for them. However, am I the only one that missed seeing Peter Moore up there on stage? It just wasn't the same without him
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius View Post
    I wonder how many of those will go multi-platform. You forgot SOCOM by the way, one which will definitely NOT come out on 360.
    The majority of those are first party, so I'm going to say none of them will. And yeah, I forgot Socom. I don't care for the series, and I just went with what I could think of off the top of my head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I enjoyed what I was able to see of the conference. I wish I could have caught the demo of Fable 2. Personally I don't like the casual stuff they are pushing but who can blame them with Nintendo grabbing everyone left, right and centre. The market is hot right now for casual gaming so why wouldn't MS jump in.

I think my wife will like Lips and it's an interesting idea. The fact it isn't your voice blasting out makes me more likely to try it too.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I was pretty underwhelmed by a majority of the MS press conference.

First of all, everybody from Microsoft needs to take public speaking classes. I almost fell asleep any time any of them opened their mouths.

And second ... what the hell was with pulling the fucking plug on the RE5 demo before it got to it's pay-off ... christ they sure as hell didn't have a problem letting the Gears 2 demo run TWICE as long.

There were no real surprises on the software front ... and the XBL updates while very cool in concept do have a sort of "shamelessness" to them.

Between the aping of Miis to the "me-too" casual software that is pretty much just re-treads of what Nintendo and Sony have been doing for the past few years (I guess dumpy Microsoft executives have never made a Mii, played Eye Toy Play or sung a song in Singstar before ... OR HAVE THEY??!!) this seems like the year that Microsft tries to do what everybody else has been doing really well for the past few years.

That's not to say that everything didn't look solid ... I'm marginally excited for most of what was shown ... I just wasn't blown away / surprised by a single minute of it, which means Sony and Nintendo have some serious opportunities to shock us with some kind of, any kind of "surprises".
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 07-15-2008 at 07:09 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
    How about an announcement that our XBOX 360's will stop dying on us, here I am again today waiting for another coffin. I don't give an F what the games look like if I don't have reliable hardware to play them on.
    I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm on my second one and now this system is fucked up too. The worst thing is that it wasn't the RRoD, soooo M$ gets more of my money with faulty hardware. I really want to do away with the 360 because of this crap, but I will admit the games are looking pretty sweet and I will probably be itching to play them. Damn you M$ with your awesome game and shitty hardware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

What adult male would be exicted by these stupid avatar thingys? Have some dignity people. I hope they let us keep the regular old gamer pictures in our gamertag if we choose to.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it should be an easy addition to have the choice between dashboards, one would think. I don't think the new dash is horrible, but time will tell, hopefully M$ heeds the responses from the forums and gives the users a choice.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Wait, so they are changing the dashboard again? Just as soon as I learned to put up with the most recent changes, they have to go and mess it up again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    What adult male would be exicted by these stupid avatar thingys? Have some dignity people. I hope they let us keep the regular old gamer pictures in our gamertag if we choose to.
    I agree entirely.

What is MS going to do about the themes we purchased for the old dashboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    I'm not excited about the "Avatars" Either. I prefer the dashboard that we already have, Why fix something that isn't broken?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

After having watched G4's coverage of all of the "Big Three" press conferences, I'll say that Microsofts was the most informative, yet most boring of the three. As someone already said, learn to speak in public. Seriously....

Nintendo's was almost as boring, and ended up with basically NOTHING exciting to show! The biggest thing was the Wii Motion deal that makes your Wii-mote actually work correctly!? That's how it should have worked in the first place!! Oh, and we have enough Animal-based games...

Sony's was at least dramatic - with nice lighting, sound, and other touches. I don't have a PS3, but Resistance 2 will make me think about one! I liked the way that the presentation was broken down into all 3 formats, and the PSP section did excite me with a few of the games, so I rate it the best of all three.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
    That's the thing, this is only your opinion. I didn't care for Motorstorm, but it was a well-made game that sold over a million copies and a lot of people liked it. The Killzone PSP game was very well-received, so I don't see why this one would be any worse. I don't see where you get off saying it looks like more of the same when it's easily the most graphically stunning console game we've seen. Graphics aren't everything, but I really doubt that the gameplay won't come together in the 7 months until it releases. Resistance is hyped up because it's a great game from a phenomenal dev studio that has never made a bad game. As far as Naruto goes, have you even seen any of the HD trailers? The game looks amazing, truly a living anime if ever there was one. It may not be your cup of tea, but I know I'll at least rent it.
    As someone who bought a PS3 at launch and continues to buy games for it, you'll have to forgive me if I don't get super excited about sequels to games which were just ok launch or slightly after launch titles. Resistance was neat for the day or two after I bought the PS3, but it's not a shooter with a lot of replay value. Motorstorm 2 and Killzone 2 aren't exactly two games I'm gonna pre-order. Having said that, I was very disappointed that Microsoft basically only talked about a lot of stuff we already knew was coming and really only covers my gaming needs through about November. Gears of War 2 looked good and I have already preordered Fable 2 and Fallout 3, but besides that, I'm not exactly excited about much that Microsoft showed or any of the other big three for that matter. I guess as budgets continue to increase and hits are critical, we will continue to see fewer innovative games from the big three and possibly smaller developers as well.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am most excited about the 360's announcements because my Wii is a doorstop right now.

I probably won't buy Final Fantasy XIII right away, but I think this is a step in the right direction.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Microsoft just laid down their checkmate on this generation. Stealing away FFXIII? (Owch, now Sony fans know how us N64 owners felt). Not to mention some neat little additions like the avatar system. Games like Gears 2, exclusive DLC for Fallout, Star Ocean 4. They're even managing to move in on Nintendo's territory with the family friendly stuff they've got coming out.

I don't own a 360 (but I will come Friday) but frankly, I feel pretty safe in declaring Microsoft the winner. Sony's showing was abysmal. God of War III had a laughable trailer and MAG? That would be cool if all 256 players on screen didn't look EXACTLY the same.

The Wii came out stumbling too. No new Zelda, no Kid Icarus. Just Wii Music (basically Rock Band with all the game stripped out of it) and Animal Crossing (which somehow looks worse than the GC one). Yup kids. Bill pulled it off.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Was anyone else quite impressed with the new Bionic Commando (2008) gameplay trailer, as I was? I wasn't expecting much from the new version. But I was wowed with the new trailer. It looks like it might actually be fun.

It looks like part shooter, part brawler, part hack and slash, part platformer. And the swinging action looked nice and fluid, with no hint of camera problems.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post
    I think Microsoft just laid down their checkmate on this generation. Stealing away FFXIII? (Owch, now Sony fans know how us N64 owners felt). Not to mention some neat little additions like the avatar system. Games like Gears 2, exclusive DLC for Fallout, Star Ocean 4. They're even managing to move in on Nintendo's territory with the family friendly stuff they've got coming out.

I don't own a 360 (but I will come Friday) but frankly, I feel pretty safe in declaring Microsoft the winner. Sony's showing was abysmal. God of War III had a laughable trailer and MAG? That would be cool if all 256 players on screen didn't look EXACTLY the same.

The Wii came out stumbling too. No new Zelda, no Kid Icarus. Just Wii Music (basically Rock Band with all the game stripped out of it) and Animal Crossing (which somehow looks worse than the GC one). Yup kids. Bill pulled it off.
    I think people are overestimating the importance of FFXIII. It will sell quite well on both platforms I'm sure and dominate in sales on the PS3 in Japan which is Final Fantasy's biggest market still. Having the other Square Enix and Atlus Xbox 360 games as exclusives may help in the US to dissuade some PS2 owners from buying a PS3, unless they turn out to be mediocre like Lost Odyssey or Operation Darkness. I can't help but think that both Sony and Nintendo have some surprises in store for the other major game shows this year as there is no way that they don't have some impressive first party stuff in development for Fall and Holiday 2009.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Gears 2, RE5, FFXIII, Fable 2, Banjo Kazooie on XBLA, Banjo Kazooie 3, Viva Pinata 2, Geometry Wars 2...there's plenty of games coming out. I was going to buy a PS3 in August, but I'm gonna hold off now; there's no way I could possibly play all the games coming out for 360, let alone the added couple on the PS3.

This fall is gonna rock, sequels or not. Why do you all care that these are sequels? They're sequels to some of the best games of this/last generation. No one ever seems to get uppity about "another Mario platformer" -- I mean shit, that's what everyone wants. Updates of games they love. Has anyone forgotten that Fable, GoW etc. are all fairly new IP anyway?

I agree that the new dashboard looks like shit, but hopefully it can be turned off, and Netflix (if it works well -- I can see it being slow as shit) will be awesome. Also, to the above fellow: Lost Odyssey mediocre? C'mon now. It's a pretty damn good game, just a step behind FF.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post

I agree that the new dashboard looks like shit, but hopefully it can be turned off, and Netflix (if it works well -- I can see it being slow as shit) will be awesome. Also, to the above fellow: Lost Odyssey mediocre? C'mon now. It's a pretty damn good game, just a step behind FF.
    I like the functionality of it, but its that grey that's so irritating. BUT they did say the blades would stick around so... *crosses fingers*
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ntanner

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Wait, so they are changing the dashboard again? Just as soon as I learned to put up with the most recent changes, they have to go and mess it up again!
    Apparently you can keep the old look if you want, so that's not going to be a problem.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I think people are overestimating the importance of FFXIII. It will sell quite well on both platforms I'm sure and dominate in sales on the PS3 in Japan which is Final Fantasy's biggest market still. Having the other Square Enix and Atlus Xbox 360 games as exclusives may help in the US to dissuade some PS2 owners from buying a PS3, unless they turn out to be mediocre like Lost Odyssey or Operation Darkness. I can't help but think that both Sony and Nintendo have some surprises in store for the other major game shows this year as there is no way that they don't have some impressive first party stuff in development for Fall and Holiday 2009.
    You really thought Lost Odyssey was mediocre? Really?