Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    So which conference was worse?

I was so bored during Sony's.

I hope that TGS shows titles that people might care about.
    Boy, this is an easy one. Nintendo had epic fail today.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Knoxximus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Knoxximus

Geez, Sony totally killed backwards compatibility in one fell swoop today. Amazing.

And MAG? MAG!?! Their killer app finale was a MMOFPS? Wow. Just wow.
    Hardcore gamin' since '75

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, unless things change in the future it'll be 60gig or bust for me when I get around to the PS3. By that time who knows how difficult that will be to pull down.

I'm thinking about buying a back-up PStwo now. The white one would look nice cozied up next to my Wii.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxximus View Post
    Geez, Sony totally killed backwards compatibility in one fell swoop today. Amazing.

Did you miss the God of War 3 trailer? Granted, it was CG, but I'd say that was their killer app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, uh, God of War 3 has been deputed eh? Now there's a reason to get a PS3!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I'd bet safe money that (software-based) backwards compatibility will return when they discontinue the PS2 ...

... unfortunately, the PS2 pulls in more money yearly for Sony than the PS3 does ... so, we probably won't see that anytime soon.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I still think they're gonna put the Emotion Engine chips back in the PS3, sometime in the next year or two - or whenever they cease production on the PS2. Either way, thank god I bought a 60gb model....

So I must've missed the presentation for 'Home'. Any word on when the hell Sony's ever gonna finish it?

And I thought God of War 3 looked sweet. I think that, Wipeout HD, and Little Big Planet, are the PS3 games, I'm looking forward to the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course God of War 3 looked sweet. Pre-rendered vid can look amazing ya know. At least some aspects of Sony haven't changed much.

GoW3 and Little Big Planet... now I need three more retail titles I really want, to come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    I still think they're gonna put the Emotion Engine chips back in the PS3, sometime in the next year or two - or whenever they cease production on the PS2. Either way, thank god I bought a 60gb model....
    I've wondered about this too. I don't reckon they'll put the PStwo guts back into the current PS3. I did consider that they might bring back backwards compatibility with the inevitable PSthree slimline model. But by that time, I don't think the vast majority will care about playing PS2 games.

I'd love to know what went on within Sony regarding the whole backwards compatibility issue.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lothars View Post
    It's definitely not a dying platform but I like how you assume it is, there's still lot's of reason to enjoy the PS3.
    Such as? I agree it's far from dead, but the fact remains that after almost two years on the market, there are only a handful of exclusive games and only a handful of multi-platform games that are as good as the Xbox 360 versions. I bought a PS3 at launch (well, I buy every system at launch so that's not really an endorsement) and I am hopeful that Sony will deliver some great titles next year as the third year is when a system usually hits its stride in the development cycle.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best part of Sony's announcement was the 130 PS2 titles released this year. I know I'm buying Persona 4 and Yakuza 2. If only 30 of those 130 are decent and playable games that aren't movie or kids' cartoon adaptations, I'll be happy. Hopefully, some of them will be games from D3 Publisher's Simple 2000 series, but I know that's highly unlikely.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    there are only a handful of exclusive games
    I always laugh when I read those statements. Pretty much every game is PS3/X360 now days. There are only a handful of exclusives for both of those systems. So it comes down to are you more of a Halo or MGS fan? Do you like GT5 or "name here" of the Xbox counterpart...etc..

The only one that has truly exclusivity is the Wii.

Here is how my choice went for next gen console:

Wii? novel, looks like fun but everyone that has one is always begging me to come over and play it, even people that I barely know. Conclusion: only fun with friends. I am usually alone playing so that was a no

X360/PS3? I don't like Halo or any of those war games for that matter. I prefer more sneaking games. I just got MGS4 and it is the closest to Goldeneye that I have ever played and I love it...well those cut scenes get a little much haha. Also, since I will only casually play on the internet I would rather go to the free one than the pay one. Advantage PS3...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Friends inviting you over to play a game?!? The nerve of some people. It is completely within your right to have them killed ya know. Audacious!

I guess that is one trait I still have from my gaming habits. I look to exclusives to help guide my decisions. Wii was an easy choice. Even if I didn't want one at all my wife would have so it is an outright given. I'm having a hard time picking my second entry point. I'm astounded that the PS3 is so reliable after my experience with 1 and 2 and I'm totally put off by the 360 hardware crapfest. I don't care for Halo or GTA and I'm slightly interested in MGS4. As far as other games; I am interested in more on the 360 both retail and dlc yet, the PS3 has some games that trump even the top wants for the 360. It's an outright nut cruncher lemme tell ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by monkeychemist View Post
    I always laugh when I read those statements. Pretty much every game is PS3/X360 now days. There are only a handful of exclusives for both of those systems. So it comes down to are you more of a Halo or MGS fan? Do you like GT5 or "name here" of the Xbox counterpart...etc..

Wii? novel, looks like fun but everyone that has one is always begging me to come over and play it, even people that I barely know. Conclusion: only fun with friends. I am usually alone playing so that was a no

X360/PS3? I don't like Halo or any of those war games for that matter. I prefer more sneaking games. I just got MGS4 and it is the closest to Goldeneye that I have ever played and I love it...well those cut scenes get a little much haha. Also, since I will only casually play on the internet I would rather go to the free one than the pay one. Advantage PS3...
    MGS4 ... closest thing to Goldeneye you've ever played?

"And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post

That's me when I start thinking about where I will eventually go. 360 or PS3... *kablewy* Then I play some Wii, PS2 or DS and I'm fine again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    MGS4 ... closest thing to Goldeneye you've ever played?
    let me clarify...in terms of how much fun I have with the game. MGS4 of course is light years ahead of bond, but until this game, I had not found one that captivated me as much as bond...and that is a long time ago! haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Friends inviting you over to play a game?!? The nerve of some people. It is completely within your right to have them killed ya know. Audacious!
    again, I need to clarify... I meant that the people seem very desperate. Like they can't play by themselves. Also, i am 28 and those cartoony or cell shaded styles are really turning me off. That is not limited to Nintendo either. I had waited for years to play the disgaea games. I finally got them and couldn't get past the opening dialogue. I know breath of fire 5 is supposed to be amazing but I can't play it because it looks like it's for little kids.

I guess the moral is that I am very picky haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

let me clarify...in terms of how much fun I have with the game. MGS4 of course is light years ahead of bond, but until this game, I had not found one that captivated me as much as bond...and that is a long time ago! haha
    If you're a hardcore Goldeneye fan (that is, of the gameplay), I implore you to drop $10 on a used copy of Timesplitters:Future Perfect and enjoy it in all it's upscaled goodness on the PS3 (if you got a backwards compatible unit).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Completely incorrect. There are a number of Xbox 360 exclusives and frankly, they are often must buys. I would refer you to Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Halo 3, the Fable series, and the list goes on. GT5 is not really even technically out for the PS3 unless you count the extended demo that is Prologue. I'm not a huge racer fan, but the 360 is generally considered the platform for racing games of all vehicle types and I think you would be hard pressed to match the 360 racing line-up game for game on the PS3 right now. PS2 perhaps, but not on the PS3.

For the games that are on both the 360 and PS3, I don't know of a single case where the PS3 gets the better version. In fact, for those of us with HDTVs, the PS3 almost always gets the lower resolution port for some reason. Buying a system for a single game two years after launch seems like a bit of a stretch to me, but I suppose people make decisions for a lot of reasons. I'm fairly system agnostic as I have them all and will buy whatever games I'm interested in for each of them, exclusive or not. Having said that, the PS3 has thus far been the most disappointing system I have ever owned simply because other than MGS4 and Resistance, nothing has really kept me interested for very long on it. I'm not saying that can't or won't change, but the E3 presentation today did nothing to inspire confidence in me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    There are a number of Xbox 360 exclusives and frankly, they are often must buys
    The same thing can be said about the PS3. Some of the titles have not come out yet yes, but they will...and frankly, I am not too excited about any of the X360 exclusives. The only one you mentioned is Fable 2. Yes, that is the only game I wish I could play but won't. There are at least 5 games exclusive to the PS3 that I want to play so that trumps the one game on X360.

Again, it is funny that people always say that there are no good exclusives to PS3 and SOOOOO many for the X360 but when asked to write a list and compare there are only about 3-6 for each system.