Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soul Calibur 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I just started playing SC IV the other day (360 version). What downloadable content is worth getting. I was going to get Darth Vader but he's pretty expensive.

Is there a cost effective way of getting a lot of the downloadable content?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread.

I just started playing SC IV the other day (360 version). What downloadable content is worth getting. I was going to get Darth Vader but he's pretty expensive.

Is there a cost effective way of getting a lot of the downloadable content?
    I find myself in the same conundrum, having just gotten a 360 and SC4 (which is great, btw). I think I'm going to just bite down and pay the price (it's - what - 500 points?) for Vader. But if this is the way these "console exclusives" eventually make their way to other consoles, then there won't be too much more of this in my future.

Insert Coin (Level 0) We Are Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Wearen1nja
    PSN
    Weareninja

None of the DLC is that earth-shattering; you unlock the really good stuff in game...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    I'm enjoying Soul Caliber IV so far. I've been an avid Cassandra user ever since I've been introduced to the series. I love using her.

It seems like the Create a Character isn't as deep as Soul Caliber III's, but who knows.

I'll always love Virtua Fighter better though.
    Yeah. SC4 had some definite issues with the CAS mode. It's like you could pretty much do literally anything to make a great looking character you wanted to on SC3. On SC4 you have a very limited selections that you can barely make any custom characters you want to. Sure you can make some characters, but others will look exactly like them.

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Darth Vader isn't worth getting. If you ask me, he's possibly the worst character in the game aside from Rock.

--

Anyways. I've been a Nightmare(SC2)/Siegfried(SC3) and Nightmare(SC3) player. I still like them on SC4, but I'm sad that they're not as damaging on the game as they are in the previous titles. It really sucks when you see quick characters like Mitsurugi/Cassandra/Sophitia taking more health off with most every attack than nearly all Nightmares attacks.

Even though good in the game, I actually ended up getting bored in a week and selling the game off but mostly because alot of lag in the matches. Atleast once every five matches I had a 2-3 second delay in my button presses. The fact that I played random matches I'd always get people ranked from level 40+(even got a level 88 who I played several times unluckily and got owned without lag.)

Anyone know if they made some patches for easier matchmaking options? I always played random getting either low ranked or 40+(usually) because I didn't like having to set my match up "every single time I wanted to play someone" without the possibility of them being either pathetic players or players who have had much more experience than you with a better chance of winning. Too bad there's no match making option that automatically matches you with the closest ranked person created.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Bringing this back up as I now actually own the game finally. I've got a vast majority of my achievments done, so if anyone would like help with theirs or just wanna compare silly custom characters online feel free to get ahold of me on live or something.

What did you guys make in the game? I ended up making a ton of Dragon Quest people and Sailor Scouts and stuff. i agree that SC3 has the ultimately better custom options though...you can't layer shirts at all so in SC4 you can't wear a vest with anything under it other than chain mail for example.
    Last edited by Cryomancer; 07-16-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I made some random generic fighter just for that achievement. I stick with my favorite fighters when it comes to fighting games, as I have never had the need(or desire) to create a character. I'm still working on a few online achievements as well as the other offline ones I need.

Overall it's a really fun game with solid controls. And as long as you get a lag-free game online you will have a blast. Well, I would of had a blast if I didn't keep losing.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Personally I find the ranked online completely terrible and now that I have the achivement for playing I will never do so again unless i'm helping someone else get theirs. it's a complete spamfest and people only play the same few characters (kilik, seigfriend, cervantes). Couple that with the fact that you have to win twice in a row to level up, and the road to level 20 is paved with unpleasantness.

Player matches however are quite better. I guess that whole "waiting your turn" thing keeps some of the more obnoxious players away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

I enjoyed the CAS the most. I made a bunch of characters then ran outta slots.

From Toshinden game series: Cuiling, Cupido
    From TMNT series: Hun, Karai, Lord Norinaga, Ve, Captain Walker, Torbin Zixx
    From Pretty Fighter/FIST series: Aoki Marin
    From Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix: Candy aka Honey
    From Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney: Trucy Wright
    From Austin Powers: Dr.Evil
    From Futurama: Zapp Brannigan
    From Gunslinger Girl: Elsa de Sica, Triela, Triela in Il Teatrino outfit
    From Variable Geo series: Yuka Takeuchi, Satomi Yajima, Terumi Kannazuki
    From Ikki Tousen: Choukou Shikou, Hakafu Sonsaku, Kannei Kouha, Roshuku Shikei, Chinkyuu Koudai, Kaku Bunwa, Kakouton Genjou, Myousai Kakouen, Ten'i, Kanu Unchou, Chouhi Ekitoku, Chou'un Shiryu
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

I made Karai too! I considered making Honey/Candy too since she's actually pretty easy to do, and was thinking some Ikki tousen girls would be as well. The CAS is definately the most fun part of the game for me.