Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sega Rally Revo (360)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing that nobody mentioned so far makes me still play Revo after DiRT and RalliSport2, and it is something those two excellent games lack: Online multiplayer. (Hey, DiRT had a neat idea, but it doesn't count if I can't see your actual car on the road, and I don't think RS2 is online anymore.) Me and my friends have had an AWESOME time with Revo on multiplayer, with the kind of close, thrilling matches I haven't had on a racing game since the arcade days. Good times!
    Mekka-lekka hi, mekka-hinney-hoh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The online mode for this doesn't compare to RalliSport Challenge 2's online multiplayer. The only area this game beats that one is you may be able to find people to race now, which you can't in RalliSport Challenge 2 due to its age, everyones moved on to newer games.

And rally racing is supposed to be for time, so I don't see why you don't count Dirt's online mode? My complaints were not being able to select tracks, chat, race the non rally/hillclimb modes, and it would've been nice to race other cars even in the rally/hillclimbs even if its completely unrealistic to do so, but to dismiss it because of just that is strange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In it's time I would certainly agree that RS2's multiplayer was superior, but, as you said, now is a different story

And while I understand the time trial nature of Rally racing for purist, half of DiRT's modes have you racing in a pack- and to not offer that type of thrill online was a disappointment.
    Mekka-lekka hi, mekka-hinney-hoh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not trying to resurrect old threads. I am actually still playing this game. I am really enjoying it.

I did figure out the AI for the later levels though. I got smoked and was in 4th place. I thought I was racing good, but not good enough (I only hit 1 wall).

Well I watched a replay, and you can watch other cars, so I decided to watch the golf (who is the equivalent to the purple focus in earlier rounds). He ran the same exact line for all 3 laps. This might make some sense, until I thought about it.

Now if we always start off in 6th place, and the lines are set for the cars, and it is not ai that is telling the car where to go and how to turn, but in fact a set line, then it is safe to say that if they are given a perfect line, there is no possible way to catch them. Even if you drive perfect, you are going to start behind them, which means, at best, you would be able to get 2nd.

I also figured out how to break their line. Basically, all you need to do is pass them or ram them a little bit when you are close enough behind them to mess up their line. Passing them means that they will go into, what I like to call, paas mode, where they will try to get around you, and hence they will not be driving their line anymore.

Now I just got done watching a replay of a Golf doing Alpine 2 Reverse, and he only hit the wall on 1 turn (and barely bumped it), which would mean that the only possible way to catch him would be to driver perfect through-out the lap.

Now, I am playing on Expert on Modified, so it makes sense that it is very hard. This is the difficulty setting right here. I could go through pretty much the entire game without touching the expert stuff, but I want to see how far I can go. It makes sense that it is very difficult, and I am not saying it is bad, I am just informing anybody else playing this of my observations, and how to beat them.

It will not be easy to beat them, but if you can find a way to t-bone a dude on a 90 turn and be able to pass them, congratulations, they will hit pass mode and it will make the entire race super easy, but be careful, because if you can't catch them, you are in trouble, as with the later races, it is almost always the same cars in the same positions since they are running the their lines.

It makes sense to have them run lines, or else it would be too easy to get 1st place. If they went solely on ai, they would be battling each other, and then you could get like, 3rd place in every race and still win the series. This way it forces you to actually place in 1st or second in order to win the series.

Difficult, yes, but I am not cussing at the game anymore either, in fact, even if I am losing, I will continue to race. I am also playing the modified expert races, so the lines will be much tighter since some of these tracks are very easy (when the tracks are easy, they have to do something to make this expert, so they tighten up the lines).