Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What games have bested you?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

- Double Dragon (I've beaten Double Dragon II and III, but can;t beat the first game in the series)
    - Burai Fighter
    - Isolated Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Zelda 1 - the 2 headed dragon. You need to use bombs, but I am too lazy to go get them.
    That's weak! I don't even think you need bombs. You are lazy.

Did anyone here manage to beat kid chameleon without cheating?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are a few games that keep besting me

Nes: castlevania i always get killed by dracula
    legend of zelda 2 cant get past the thunderbird

Snes: super ghouls and ghosts that game is just insane once you get in the underground levels

N64: Goldeneye near the end where you have to fight on the scafold and you climb down the ladder to fight the boss always get pushed off and die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This year Sonic Rush on the DS has really got the better of me. I got through the game fine its just the last boss. I've put in a good few hours in different sittings but just can't do it. The best i've managed is to get him down to 3 hits left.

The game that most comes to mind though, over the last 10 years is TrickStyle on the Dreamcast. Both me and my friend bought it on Dreamcast launch day. The game was hugely fun but the last level completely defeated us... and continued to do so for years to come. Up until a couple of years ago we used to get together every few months and spend hours repeating that last level in the hope of victory but it never happened. I think my friend told me that a couple of years back he managed it single player. Since the beast had been beat we have never continued our sessions, even though i never witnessed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

fuckin zero wing bested me to the tune of a broken keyboard trying to beat it on an emulator (couldn't pull it off using save states even!). That was a few years ago so i think its about time to try it again! *stocks up on extra keyboards*

oh also half life 1 stupid final boss. I thought just like the gonarch that id unload everthing i had left and finally see this shit come to an end well good thing i wasted all my good ammo before figuring out you have to shoot all the crystals on the wall then use the jump pads to unload shit into the opening in his head! not really wanting to go back to the previous save to do it over, unable to do it with just the pistol and crossbow though... yea this game has bested me for sure.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

Oh when I got a sega when I was a younger child the Lion King freaking made me cry and everyone who tried to help me past the 3rd level or something (I wanna be king level) damn them monkeys and random timer if I can remember correct. and Mario3 I'll get far in a world and have to continue and I just don't feel like it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) lanemeyer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Body Harvest - Some damn level where you have to save some school kids.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES Ghosts N' Goblins
    Scream And Fly - High Performance Powerboating Online
    My Personal Weblog
    My Feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Twin Cobra/Kyukyoku Tiger- don't play it as much these days, but I can get tons of practice with Toaplan shooting Battle 1 for PSX. Very unforgiving game, though I don't think I'll give up on it anytime soon.

Fire Shark for Genesis- stage 8's boss has been a thorn in my side for years, refuse to play it on easy mode, but sooner or later I have to beat that stage 8 boss carrier.

I'd say arcade Gradius 2, but I'm getting closer to beating it in 1 credit, wiped the floor with it in 3 credits on the PSX Deluxe Pack, could likely do the same with the Saturn Deluxe Pack I own as well. As for Gradius 1, stage 7 has been my end every time, the one time I make it to the brain of the last stage, I was down to my last life, got inside the gates where the brain was, only for a bullet to eek in and hit me, game over. Since then I've not even got close to the brain, but I can consistently make it to stage 7.

As for Gradius 3 arcade, it will forever haunt me, Gradius Gaiden and Gradius 4 (which some find unfair as well) don't quite hold a candle in difficulty as Gradius 3 does, the SNES port back in the day I used to finish in a credit.
    Last edited by Bloodreign; 08-17-2008 at 04:18 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    Oh when I got a sega when I was a younger child the Lion King freaking made me cry and everyone who tried to help me past the 3rd level or something (I wanna be king level) damn them monkeys and random timer if I can remember correct. and Mario3 I'll get far in a world and have to continue and I just don't feel like it.
    That's the second level in The Lion King. 3rd level is the Elephant Graveyard.