Thread: Another "identify this game" thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another "identify this game" thread

I'm trying to remember the name of an arcade game I read about in the early 1990s. No, I never played it. I only learned of it through an article in GamePro's Hot at the Arcades column (I think it was GamePro, at least; it could've been EGM). I vaguely remember that it was some sort of 2-D action game or beat-'em-up, and that it may have featured ninja or samurai. What I remember most, however, is one part of the article. It went something like this:

"The all-girl round is imaginative, and starts off with a surprise we can't reveal here, but watch out! These women are MEAN!"

This appeared in an issue at some point between 1990 and 1992. As you can imagine, the nearly teenage me of that era was intensely curious about what this surprise could be, but I never found out.

The first one to figure out the name of this game gets...well, some game-related crap. It'll be better than nothing, I promise.

EDIT: It was Ninja Combat for the Neo Geo.
    Last edited by Kid Fenris; 07-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fenris View Post
    I'm trying to remember the name of an arcade game I read about in the early 1990s. No, I never played it. I only learned of it through an article in GamePro's Hot at the Arcades column (I think it was GamePro, at least; it could've been EGM). I vaguely remember that it was some sort of 2-D action game or beat-'em-up, and that it may have featured ninja or samurai. What I remember most, however, is one part of the article. It went something like this:

"The all-girl round is imaginative, and starts off with a surprise we can't reveal here, but watch out! These women are MEAN!"

This appeared in an issue at some point between 1990 and 1992. As you can imagine, the nearly teenage me of that era was intensely curious about what this surprise could be, but I never found out.

The first one to figure out the name of this game gets...well, some game-related crap. It'll be better than nothing, I promise.
    On the Jungle level of Strider you fight amazon type girls ... and in the beginning of the level you face off against a giant robot T-Rex.

Probably not what you're looking for but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"