Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Default Playchoice 10 advice

I have a Playchoice 10 double monitor arcade that works great. It comes with the following games: Legend of Zelda, Mega Man 1 & 3, RC-Pro Am, Super Mario Brothers 1-3, Mike Tysons Punch-out, Duck Hunt, Double Dragon, Pro Wrestling, Contra, Metroid, and chips for Rushin' Attack

THats the guys CL post so is $650 a good deal and if not what should I offer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sounds high to me -- then again, I don't care for Playchoice 10 so I'm probably not the right guy to ask. I can tell you that about three years ago I saw one at an auction with 10 games go for $300.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also had one local to me on CL that was $400. I did go and check it out and wasn't impressed. The games play almost or exactly the same as the NES versions. I would go play it first and not pay more than $400 if you still want it.
    My advise is get an NES for $50 and play them that way. If you want an arcade machine go for something else that is cheaper and more unique.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

thanks for the help guys

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or you can get it and sell the PCBs =P

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

would I make money? And do what with the cab? Hmm if I make money then yeah thats cool

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Masco73 View Post
    I also had one local to me on CL that was $400. I did go and check it out and wasn't impressed. The games play almost or exactly the same as the NES versions. I would go play it first and not pay more than $400 if you still want it.
    My advise is get an NES for $50 and play them that way. If you want an arcade machine go for something else that is cheaper and more unique.
    This is exactly I don't get why people go ga-ga over the Playchoice 10. It's exactly the same as the NES (or at least all the games I've ever played on one are) except you are limited to a timed play. If you are going to buy a cab, why not buy something that isn't the same thing as a console you can buy for much cheaper?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm with you, Captain. To each their own, but I really do not understand wanting to play regular NES games on a cab. Waste of space and no real "wow!" factor to me. I'd rather have a ms. pac-man cab or some other classic.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Besides one of these my other favorite cab is the MVS. Anyway I got him down to 500

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    I have a Playchoice 10 double monitor arcade that works great. It comes with the following games: Legend of Zelda, [snip]
    Legend of Zelda was a PC10 title?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There were a few playchoice games not released on nes though I think. Goonies being one.

BTW- Thats sounds high to me for a playchoice.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Deadpixels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

Yeah, that's definitely a bit high for a cabinet that, as others said, functions the same, if not better, as a console. Grab an NES and have a much more readily available library of games that play exactly the same.

Now, if an MVS is another favorite of yours, plunk down four or five hundred bucks and get a nice four slot with a 25'' monitor. At least with that purchase you'll pay less for games than you would on the home console, rather than spending more for PC10 boards when the actual releases cost just a few bucks and are readily available in almost any home or flea market you'll ever visit.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another idea, see if there are any arcade auctions nearby. Superauctions is one place. I remember buying a working neo geo 4 slot for 125 at the last one I went to.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpixels View Post
    Now, if an MVS is another favorite of yours, plunk down four or five hundred bucks and get a nice four slot with a 25'' monitor. At least with that purchase you'll pay less for games than you would on the home console, rather than spending more for PC10 boards when the actual releases cost just a few bucks and are readily available in almost any home or flea market you'll ever visit.
    QTF. The MVS is the only cab with a home console equivalent that makes any sense to me.

Says he who owns a ST-V/Titan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
    Another idea, see if there are any arcade auctions nearby. Superauctions is one place. I remember buying a working neo geo 4 slot for 125 at the last one I went to.
    Wow, good find! Do you happen to know which revision it was? I paid over 600 dollars for my 4-slot rev. 3 cab, though I know that's a bit high.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpixels View Post
    Wow, good find! Do you happen to know which revision it was? I paid over 600 dollars for my 4-slot rev. 3 cab, though I know that's a bit high.
    It looks like this one, copied from Klov website. Don't know if that helps. It only had 2 games with it though, so I bought a 8 pack for 45. Mostly fighting and sports in it though. The cabinet actually wouldn't power on when they had sold it, but it was a wire unplugged inside. I thought it may have been that, because me and my wife remember it playing when we had got there.

I also had bought a one slot that I though was a 2 slot that was working for 75 dollars that day. Once I found out it was only a one slot *you couldn't open the games until after you bought them* I decided to sell it since I already had a 1 slot cabaret. Sold it for 275 with two games including one of the duplicate games from the 8 pack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

It looks like this one, copied from Klov website. Don't know if that helps. It only had 2 games with it though, so I bought a 8 pack for 45. Mostly fighting and sports in it though. The cabinet actually wouldn't power on when they had sold it, but it was a wire unplugged inside. I thought it may have been that, because me and my wife remember it playing when we had got there.

I also had bought a one slot that I though was a 2 slot that was working for 75 dollars that day. Once I found out it was only a one slot *you couldn't open the games until after you bought them* I decided to sell it since I already had a 1 slot cabaret. Sold it for 275 with two games including one of the duplicate games from the 8 pack.
    Nice haul, that's a revision 3 cab as well, which in my opinion is the best MVS cab you can get your hands on considering it comes with a card reader, headphone port, and some great stereo speakers.

Here's a pic of mine in the game room.

I love those cabaret cabs, you sold yours for a great price and I wish I happened to be the buyer heh.

It's a shame you ended up getting stuck with a one slot though, two slot boards are really the way to go because of the added features like the headphone port, ability to switch games (obviously) and stereo sound.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The regular one slot is the one I sold. I kept the cabaret and 4 slot.

Reason I thought it was a 2 slot was it had the game select button, and the mantle for 2 slot. But anyways, person who bought it was happy to get it. What was funny was when he loaded it into a Pontiac Vibe plus 2 other people.

As far as the cabaret, I still own it and it is at my best friends house who does independent pro wrestling. It's hilarious watching a 6 foot 2 inch 380 lbs guy sit on a couch playing the cabaret. lol. Need to take pictures one day of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Imaginary Boy

The regular one slot is the one I sold. I kept the cabaret and 4 slot.

Reason I thought it was a 2 slot was it had the game select button, and the mantle for 2 slot. But anyways, person who bought it was happy to get it. What was funny was when he loaded it into a Pontiac Vibe plus 2 other people.

As far as the cabaret, I still own it and it is at my best friends house who does independent pro wrestling. It's hilarious watching a 6 foot 2 inch 380 lbs guy sit on a couch playing the cabaret. lol. Need to take pictures one day of that.
    When you do throw those up, that sounds hilarious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I paid $100 for my Neo geo 4-slot with 5 games delivered to my house and it isn't going anywhere.

With that same notion I own over 300 games for the NES and own a playchoice. The playchoice gets my money hands down because for some reason I like playing nes games on the arcade and always have. I forgot to say that I also paid $60 for my PC-10 delivered to my house.

650 for a playchoice with that game selection. I wouldn't have thought twice about buying it for that after watching the price of some of those games closely. If you get it/got it I will buy at least 2-3 of those carts from you immediately.