Thread: 3do CD's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 3do CD's

I noticed a bunch of 3do disk images floating around the a.b.e.m newgroup lately. I just got a Panasonic FZ-1 system last week and I tried grabbing some of these and burning them onto CD (don't need too many, have 20+ original games to go through first )

Well, I downloaded about 5 games, they were either bin/cue format or iso/cue formats. Tried several different programs (Nero, Fireburner, Alcohol 120%) but only 1 of the 5 games worked on my real console.

Are there any tricks I'm missing here? I really don't know too much about the system yet. Are these images only for use for an upcoming emulator or is there some setting I'm missing? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, there is no emulator as of current. They may either be bad rips, or you are not bruning them correctly. I would try CDRWin on the files instead. I have always had 100% success bruning bin/cue and iso files with this program...unless the image was bad to begin with of course. Also, check your burns in windows explorer. See if you can get a directory on any of them. Let me know how it works out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'll try cdrwin sometime this week. I didn't think 3DO games could be read by Windows but I'll have a look at some of my commerical games. I think your theory that they were bad rips is probably the case because one of them did work. Thanks again.

Oh, someone released a large amount of iso's a few months ago and said someone was almost ready to release a functional emulator. But they keep saying that about the CDi too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, no luck on either front. Windows explorer doesn't read 3DO cds and CDRwin insists on burning the .iso's into audio files. I've tried to force it to burn it as an image but it always pops up the cd player on my 3DO

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Just a thought:

I have a 3DO "dev model", which has an "encrypt"/"unencrypt" switch in the back. You can actually see the model and the instructions on the Zach Meston Vault page http://www.digitpress.com/archives/zmeston/

According to this, you can't play unencrypted CD's on a standard 3DO. I don't know if the encryption is copied when an ISO is created or if it's removed in order to get the image dumped, but maybe that's causing the problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, that may be part of the issue. Some of the rips probably aren't done right because some of the images do work. I've gotten a few more .iso's to work on my 3DO using the Raw-dao setting in Alcohol 120%. It has this preset for copying Playstation games and it seems to work with some 3DO games.

I'm mainly doing this to tinker with my new system and to see what kind of media it handles. Most of the games I want for it are like $5-10 complete so there's no reason not to snap the originals all up eventually

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically, if there's a copy of an encrypted disc, the encryption is present, so the disc should run on a regular 3DO just fine, right?

So maybe the discs you're trying to burn are of unencrypted games? Are they games that weren't released otherwise?

Or are the games possibly foreign? I don't know if Japanese games work directly in US machines, for instance.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?