Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parents Let 16 Year Old Drop Out of High School For Guitar Hero

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
    The thread title is misleading. He's still being homeschooled, and his grades are better now than when he was actually attending regular school. I'm not defending his decision or anything, I just wanted to clear this up a bit.
    I have known a few kids who were home schooled...it was a big joke. When you can complete your entire week of school in 1-2 hours, I think you need to go back to school.

At least in regular school you learn to follow directions, get along with others, show up and go to class, learn and follow a schedule, etc. These are all things you need to learn no matter what job you get.

Not that home schooling can be fine, it is missing a few important leasons. No offense to anyone who is home-schooled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Um...So...What's he do when the fad is over in a few years? The same thing as the kids who dropped out school to get on the Yo-Yo circuits?

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    I have known a few kids who were home schooled...it was a big joke. When you can complete your entire week of school in 1-2 hours, I think you need to go back to school.

At least in regular school you learn to follow directions, get along with others, show up and go to class, learn and follow a schedule, etc. These are all things you need to learn no matter what job you get.

Not that home schooling can be fine, it is missing a few important leasons. No offense to anyone who is home-schooled.
    I know several people who were home schooled. One didn't turn out too well but the others were very social, got really good grades, excelled at college and now at life. Just as with regular school...it all depends onthe person and the situation.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Key point: North Carolina.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Every home-schooled person I've ever met is a socially awkward obnoxious retard. And they are smug and elitist about it.

Home-schooling is for parents who want to shelter their child from humanity and prepare them for nothing in the real world except leeching off Mamma's tit for as long as humanly possible. Parents who do this have a God complex and/or have such twisted religious views that they don't want their kids getting any anti-fanatical ideas from normal people.

At least, that's I've seen 110% of the time. Of course, this Guitar Hero thing reeeeeally changes my views of this.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

While I'm not quite sure how this became a thread on home schooling...I guess I will mention that a good 75% of the approximately 1000 teenage volunteers I worked with at my science center over the past 8 years were home schooled. And I'd say a good 80% of them were extremely well-adjusted, friendly, smart, well-spoken, polite and generallycool to be around. Were there religious "issues" we had to deal with, only once...when a parent didn't want her kid working a dinosaur exhibit. One, out of 1000.

As for Guitar Hero kid...hey, he's doing what he loves. Isn't that what we're all shooting for in the long run?
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting