Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ps2 collection

Im intrested in having a complete PS2 US relase collection but i have a few questions

how many ps2 game are releases to this date?

what are some rare and hard to find titles to look for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regarding "rare" PS2 games, there really aren't any. The game that's rated highest in the DP guide is the MGS 3: Subsistence LE, and that's only an R5 (it's gonna cost you, though).

There are a good number of "pricey" games out there though, such as RPGs, LEs and many Atlus-published titles (don't pay more than $5 for ChoroQ, though - that's been a common sight in bargain bins).

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

As of today, I'm counting 1612 US titles total. There may be a few here or there that I'm missing, or a few LE games that I don't have added yet.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    As of today, I'm counting 1612 US titles total. There may be a few here or there that I'm missing, or a few LE games that I don't have added yet.

Impressive. According to this 1601 NTSC games have been released as of 30th of june 2008

Then again, you NTSC guys have it easy. It seems i need to get almost twice as many games to complete my PAL collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    modest9797

Is there a number for other consoles too?
    Xbox Live : modest9797
    Games I Want
    PS1: 2% PS2: 0%
    Xbox: 42% GC: 18%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by modest9797 View Post
    Is there a number for other consoles too?

Like GC and Xbox?

I believe the Xbox is over 830 (I'm still working on the list corrections) but its under 900.

The 360 is around 260 for US retail releases now.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa View Post
    Impressive. According to this 1601 NTSC games have been released as of 30th of june 2008
    Thanks for the link. I didn't know that existed.

Looks like I'm at 1605 as of 6/30, and I know I've got some titles double listed for limited editions or collector's packages. I'm happy to see that I'm pretty close to Sony's count.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Skater View Post
    Im intrested in having a complete PS2 US relase collection but i have a few questions

how many ps2 game are releases to this date?
    Still saying you want to do it? :P

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

As much as I've enjoyed gaming on the PlayStation - 1,250 titles across all regions and growing, my poor PS2 library's growth was horribly stunted by the Xbox. Most multi-platform games just look better and run smoother on the Gamecube and Xbox, with the latter having a slight edge - in my opinion. Of course there are some games that were designed exclusively from the ground up for the PS2 that run smoothly and look great too, but without anything to compare them against, we'll never know if there could have been some visual improvement on another console. Then again, Sony is much more willing to approve "controversial" content that cause Nintendo and Microsoft to balk and so some games will never appear on those systems simply for that reason alone.

I'm at 850 PS2 titles personaly across all regions now and I wouldn't be suprised a bit if I end up quite a bit higher than that before the PS2 is all said and done. If I could offer my own experience to anyone contemplating a PS2 library that includes NON NTSC E/U titles, I would strongly suggest at least looking into the PAL format before making a hasty decision that it's too difficult to grow your library in that direction. Many of the Japanese Simple 2000 Series budget games have been translated and are available in English in the PAL format. And they are as cheap, or even cheaper over there. In fact, I think you'll find most PAL games to be bargains compared to other regions. There are also a reasonably good number of non budget Japanese games that were translated for PAL regions and suprisingly, have never made it to our shores. Playing a game in English really does make it so much more enjoyable.

The PAL PS2 has it's own exclusive budget lines as well, namely the Midas and Phoenix series of games. Just remember, low budget games are low budget for a reason!

Funny thing I noticed while shopping PAL PS2 games was how many titles that Sony deemed did not have enough quality to be published in North America, were simply repackaged and regurgitated into titles that appear over here on the Wii - with tacked on Wii-mote controls. And if you've done any research into the Wii library's ratings and reviews, then I think you can reasonably draw the conclusion the Sony probably was being sincere in trying to do us a favor!

Of course, with the Japanese PS2 library you get the Sega Ages and Oretachia budget game series and a lot of games based on Japanese manga and anime that I suspect will never leave Japan. So it's pretty difficult, at least in my experience, not to resign yourself to owning PS2 consoles from all 3 regions in order to experience the full potential of the PS2 library.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    As much as I've enjoyed gaming on the PlayStation - Then again, Sony is much more willing to approve "controversial" content that cause Nintendo and Microsoft to balk and so some games will never appear on those systems simply for that reason alone.
    like what? and dont say GTA...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    like what? and dont say GTA...

It's in English and the 18 rated version has been reportedly banned and replaced with a milder 16 rated version. In either case, Not Available from Nintendo or Microsoft.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

It's in English and the 18 rated version has been reportedly banned and replaced with a milder 16 rated version. In either case, Not Available from Nintendo or Microsoft.
    Probably because it's a terrible game. Have you ever played it? It was released in the US for the PC and it's really boring and not worth your time or money. I'm wondering what you think Sony has released that Microsoft and even Nintendo wouldn't. Manhunt 2 was released on the Wii for crying out loud and there are tons of violent games on the 360, so I can't imagine what you're talking about.