Thread: Warhawk : Operation Fallen Star

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Default Warhawk : Operation Fallen Star

The latest expansion for (IMO) one of the finest team/military online multiplayer of the past decade helps to maintain both the "freshness" of the title (new map and trophy support) while injecting a bit of "familiarity" from the sadly now-forgotten series Tribes in the form of JET-PACKS.

While the first two expansions for the series certainly did wonders in terms of adding new ways to play as an offensive "team" (with the troop carrier vehicles) ... this one finds itself enhancing the core on-foot portion of the game with Jet-Packs (which control as wonderfully as the rest of the vehicles in the game) and really puts the power back in the "lone-wolf" style player (which I tend to be, as I've never really committed to any "teams/clans").

The new map is wonderfully designed as well, with very high vertical aspects as well as underground tunnels. Not TOO overwhelmingly large like the excellent (but IMO a bit too big) factory levels from the first expansion ... but I find that even that map is better without a vehicle now - thanks to Jet-Pack travel!

My favorite aspect to this expansion (and/or round of updates) is the addition of trophies ... of all the PS3 games I've seen with Trophy Support so far, this one has the most creative trophy "achievements", and I found myself amused with so many that I picked up mid-game, for instance ("That Was Some Bug!" - Take out an opponent who is using a jet-pack mid-air via collision with your Warhawk jet)

Really great stuff. Kudos to Insomniac studios for continuing their support of a AAA product.

A must buy for people who have enjoyed the series since the beginning. Get back in there, strap on a Jet-Pack and go get that flag!
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Jet Packs! So awesome.

I will be downloading this tonight. FYI: All three map packs are available as a $16 bundle...quite the deal.

Some of those trophies are going to be near impossible...but I can already tell they'll be a lot of fun to try for.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Jet Packs! So awesome.

I will be downloading this tonight. FYI: All three map packs are available as a $16 bundle...quite the deal.

Some of those trophies are going to be near impossible...but I can already tell they'll be a lot of fun to try for.
    It also will award you your "rank" trophy as soon as you sign in, which is nice. Immediate trophy satisfaction based on prior achievement!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    It also will award you your "rank" trophy as soon as you sign in, which is nice. Immediate trophy satisfaction based on prior achievement!
    That will be my first "Trophy". I don't have any other trophy-compatible PS3 games. Truly a historic event.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)