Thread: Pro Action Replay MK3 SNES

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pro Action Replay MK3 SNES

This is more or less the end station for me. I have searched the web for days, including German forums with the help of google translate. With no luck.
    Is there really no one out there who owns a PAR MK3 (or the 2:nd version) and can be willing to explain how to operate the machine? Maybe you have the manual and are willing to send me a scan? Or at least answer some basic questions about operation?

1. I accidentally corrupted a save game on shadowrun (PAL) when saving with the codes ON, is this common? Had the save been ok if the switch had been in OFF position?

2. How does the code groups function, is the a and b setting for grouping codes that are more than two lines?

3. Why do I find loads of codes that don't start with 7E - when 7E is highlighted in the menu? Can i still get a code to work that don't start with 7E?

Many thanks in advance!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The SNES PAR3 (aka PAR MK3) is very rare and difficult to find info on. Any other owners here?

Here's the older post I made about using the Cheat Groups feature and DEADCODES:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48483

Two other main features that are difficult to know without the having the manual are:

1) Slow Motion. While playing the game, put the PAR switch to up (on) and press L shoulder button + Select to enable slowmo. Press those keys again to disable. If those key combos don't work, try R shoulder button + Select. You can set different speeds of slow motion in the PAR menu, there's 3 speeds.

2) Convert Game Genie codes to PAR. On the code screen, enter the Game Genie code without the dash in the middle, and then press the Conv. button to change it to a PAR code.