Thread: RetroDuo NES sound issues continued

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RetroDuo NES sound issues continued

Hi everyone,
    I'm the idiot/jerk that started a RetroDuo thread last month and completely forgot to post a thankyou for the help I received. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120729

Thanks remowilliams for posting the images of what the Y-cable looks like! I bought one of those ( a Radioshack MMF RCA Y Cable) and plugged the male ends into the sound channels of the RetroDuo, and the Left (white) cable went into the female end of the Y-cable. I then plugged the video and both sound channels into one of inputs on my DVD/VCR unit which is connected through AV cables to my TV. I still don't hear anything noticeably improved about the NES audio. Ninja Gaiden still sounds terrible, Journey to Silius sounds terrible, and The Legend of Zelda and Metroid both sound very tinny, if that makes any sense.

Bottom line, I am immensely disappointed with the RetroDuos ability to play NES games (it's a great SNES replacement however), it feels like a great step backwards from the Yobo products (I have the FC Game Console which plays US NES games and it sounds great, no problems), I just wanted something with a little better build quality. The next thing I'm going to try is getting a RF adapter box for some RCA connections, that way (from my limited understanding) everything (sound and video signal) is Forced into one connection, guaranteed merging of the sound channels. I tried this out with my NES/SNES RF connector, but it didn't work (no sound from the RetoDuo), but I don't know if it just won't work, or if it's because I was using the official Nintendo connector.

Does my setup sound correct? Please let me know if I need to elaborate further. I am trying to get the RetroDuo to play an NES game and have it sound DECENT! Is anyone else having this much trouble with the RetroDuo? Is anyone else disappointed with the NES side of the RetroDuo? Am I a complete idiot who still hasn't figured out how to properly hook up the RetroDuo?
    Please let me know!
    Thank you very much

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Mine sounds fine, but the NES looks TERRIBLE. It's all washed out.