Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 9 Retro Promo... so awesome!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't blame Capcom. It's Digital River's fault, they are the ones who control the sales aspect for them, and they charge them a whopping 15-20% per transaction.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Electric Blue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Don't blame Capcom. It's Digital River's fault, they are the ones who control the sales aspect for them, and they charge them a whopping 15-20% per transaction.
    That's a damn steep rate. Honestly, I'd think it would be cheaper to run it in house, but what do I know.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Using donor carts, I wonder if there are 5 and 3 screw variations!

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

rbudrick: most of them were Silent Service carts.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got the e-mail: It shipped! Check youir e-mails if you ordered one!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got one too! I'm actually really excited. Not too sure why...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

I'm getting nervous about the e-mails - like I said, I had my order in at 6:06 (3:06, whatever) and there are people who were in at 3:12 and over who've received shipping confirmation e-mails, but I haven't heard a thing yet.
    Last edited by theChad; 10-10-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) contra4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good luck to everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was able to score one of these my order time was 3:11 pm Got the shipping confirmation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I am so mad I missed out on this. I'm such a huge Mega Man fan, too.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Capcom-Unity boards are starting to piss me off.

Before this whole ordeal, everyone was hoping all the "true" fans would be able to get a copy early so they wouldn't have to pay the Ebay prices. Capcom obliged.

Now it seems that Capcom is trying to get more made so they can fill all of the orders. This makes people who didn't get one happy but, lo and behold, now the people who did get them are not so thrilled. They want "second printing" or something put on the new batch. I wonder why. It's really pathetic how people make a 180 degree turn once a dollar is waved in their faces. If they weren't serious about how they were saying all the fans should be able to get one then they shouldn't have said it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    The Capcom-Unity boards are starting to piss me off.

Before this whole ordeal, everyone was hoping all the "true" fans would be able to get a copy early so they wouldn't have to pay the Ebay prices. Capcom obliged.

Now it seems that Capcom is trying to get more made so they can fill all of the orders. This makes people who didn't get one happy but, lo and behold, now the people who did get them are not so thrilled. They want "second printing" or something put on the new batch. I wonder why. It's really pathetic how people make a 180 degree turn once a dollar is waved in their faces. If they weren't serious about how they were saying all the fans should be able to get one then they shouldn't have said it.
    I saw all those posts over there as well and it makes me really sad. Frankly, I give Capcom a lot of credit for even releasing this to people beyond the press and going even further by having more made when they couldn't deliver to all the orders they took. I think it's really the epitome of hypocracy when the same people who get upset that gougers are getting 5-10 times retail for these things complain when more fans can actually get them. If all these alleged fans really plan on keeping this item in their collection, it doesn't matter if there are 5 or 5,000 of them since they technically have no monetary value since they will never be sold. I also am really disappointed in all the people complaining that they didn't realize it was a used cartridge or just a cartridge and a box. Don't people bother to do a little bit of web surfing to understand what they are getting excited about? It's not like Capcom kept what was in this package a secret and it was well covered all over the web. Overall, I think I am done with Capcom-Unity and hopeful that Capcom keeps moving forward with more of these items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of those members on that board are not even old enuff to really appreciate a promo like that. They dont know the feeling of opening a boxed nes cart. To me it's all about nostalgia I dont plan on selling mine nor do I care how many were printed because it wil remain in my collection. Who even said they want a second printing on the box should be smacked upside the head with a Nes system. Damn Ebay Farmers.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Anyone want to guess how many of the people who signed up to try to get one of these had planned to put it up on ebay?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would really love to get my hands on one of these, but I'm not getting frustrated or anything just yet.

Is it really set in stone that they're not going to make anymore? Things I've seen happen in other hobbies makes me not worry. I'll use my hotwheels knowledge as an example, when Pixar Cars came out and they put out the toys, Lizzie was incredibley hard to come by. Even their website was saying good luck finding her, she's the "treasure hunt" of Cars, and people were spending hundreds of dollars on ebay for her. Few months later guess what, Lizzies out the ass everywhere in the stores.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like this would happen with Mega Man 9, I think it would be hilarious if we see it in stores.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronBuddha View Post
    I would really love to get my hands on one of these, but I'm not getting frustrated or anything just yet.

Is it really set in stone that they're not going to make anymore? Things I've seen happen in other hobbies makes me not worry. I'll use my hotwheels knowledge as an example, when Pixar Cars came out and they put out the toys, Lizzie was incredibley hard to come by. Even their website was saying good luck finding her, she's the "treasure hunt" of Cars, and people were spending hundreds of dollars on ebay for her. Few months later guess what, Lizzies out the ass everywhere in the stores.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like this would happen with Mega Man 9, I think it would be hilarious if we see it in stores.
    Problem is, they're destroying real NES carts to make these. It's a fairly resource intensive process that's done by hand. It's not something they can just go back to the molds and fire up a few thousand more.

That being said, you could make your own using a decent color laser printer and a busted NES cart. There's not really anything stopping you aside from copyrights...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

though even though they are using actual gutted carts, I still wouldn't be surprised to see more. It's entirely possible to get a hold of say 1000 smb/duck hunt carts and make more of these.

I'm not saying that we'll see like another 10,000 produced or anything, but it's feasable to say that they could make a few more to cash in on the demand and thus make it not as rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

From what I understand, that's what they're doing - making enough to fill all the orders that were placed. I don't really care if it's not limited to 200. Even if there are 500 or 1000 it's still pretty limited. What I am pissed about is all the people who ordered after me who already got theirs shipped while I still haven't even heard back from the Digital Rivers support about it and my status is still "Order in process". Huge letdown.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll probably make my own. I'd love to have one and that's the problem. For what it is it's not worth $50. It's surely well over $50 in cool value but, the urge to sell would be too much. So I'll print out a label slap it on Dino Riki and be happy with my faux Mega Man 9 NES cart that no one will want to give me hundreds of dollars for. So I get to keep it and sleep well at night. Win/win IMO. I don't care much for the disk content but a box would be nice. Then again, it would look weird with my mostly loose NES stuff.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have the link and too lazy to look for it (there is a thread about the dude here somewhere), but the Happy video game reviewer made a video showing it. It was cool because they opened it up and examined everything about it.