Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To sell or to keep?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    Games are just games ... there are much more important things in life.
    Like what???
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm a parent of a 2 yr old, and I didn't start collecting until after he was born. I'm a stay-at-home dad, so my situation is a bit different than most, but I still don't see why you have to quit collecting or sell your stuff.

I think there is a misconception among people about to have their first kid (and sometimes 2nd, 3rd) in the way that it will change your life. No doubt it does change your life, but it doesn't change who you are, like a lot of people seem to think it will. Those two overlap to some extent, I suppose. And for some people I'm sure it totally causes them to re-tool their whole identity. But for me, I was surprised how little I changed... more like adding on to myself on every level (intellectual, emotional, spiritual, etc) with very little demolition of the existing structures.

Likely you'll have a lot less time to spend with your collection, but if it is important to you at all (as its size suggests), you'll still find/make time for it. Maybe downsizing would make sense in that case. For me, I'm still upsizing whenever the good deals allow me to!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is why I love this site...such great people here. You all bring up some great points that I need to keep in mind as things set in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I'm a parent of a 2 yr old, and I didn't start collecting until after he was born. I'm a stay-at-home dad, so my situation is a bit different than most, but I still don't see why you have to quit collecting or sell your stuff.

I think there is a misconception among people about to have their first kid (and sometimes 2nd, 3rd) in the way that it will change your life. No doubt it does change your life, but it doesn't change who you are, like a lot of people seem to think it will. Those two overlap to some extent, I suppose. And for some people I'm sure it totally causes them to re-tool their whole identity. But for me, I was surprised how little I changed... more like adding on to myself on every level (intellectual, emotional, spiritual, etc) with very little demolition of the existing structures.

Likely you'll have a lot less time to spend with your collection, but if it is important to you at all (as its size suggests), you'll still find/make time for it. Maybe downsizing would make sense in that case. For me, I'm still upsizing whenever the good deals allow me to!
    agreed. And just think of the fun your child will have with all of those games around. I mean, how many people do you know that have huge collections like that. It is something that sets you apart from joe next door so that when you are both mowing your lawns and he says "well im going in for a beer and the game" you can say "see ya later, im going to kill the red falcon with my son/daughter... AGAIN ". It is something that you can pass on to the future and show generations what games used to be. Its a uniquesness that you have and a collection of something that is not the sports paraphernalia that every one else has. unless you arent really into that whole idea, then sell it all and assimilate with the lemmings.