Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HappyConsoleGamer, an actual quality Youtube reviewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    And finally, I hate it when people say "Ness". That's just me being picky though. I'll agree with Kitsune, the dude has potential.
    That's one of the reasons I like him. If you can pronounce an acronym, you say the word out (NASA, FIMA, S.E.A.L, etc.). If you can't, you say the letters (SMS, SNK, USA, etc.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    KingOfPain95

i Just subbed to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Yep, subscribed a few weeks back.

The only thing that bugs me is how he manhandles some stuff. I swear he ripped the map for Miracle Warriors when showing it off. I shed a tear for the poor thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    Yep, subscribed a few weeks back.

The only thing that bugs me is how he manhandles some stuff. I swear he ripped the map for Miracle Warriors when showing it off. I shed a tear for the poor thing...
    Hehe, I gotta check that out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like HappyConsoleGamer, but I wish he'd get a better microphone when he's on camera. It's always very evident that he's far from the microphone, it kind of bugs me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After getting burned out on AVGN and IRATE reruns I am really liking this guys style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    His latest video is out, and it's the Neo-Geo. Great episode, this guy is great when you're looking for serious info and not a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnzHf-zpeM&sdig=1
    Had i no problem,with the video though it is off on a few details wich didn't bother me much.

Though his review got torn apart here.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192309

Take what you will though i didn't get in the middle of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Oh well yeah this dude rocks! Have him as a subscription and friend on Youtube, the guy is serious and puts my collection to shame!
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Had i no problem,with the video though it is off on a few details wich didn't bother me much.

That was one of the most disgusting threads I've ever read. Here he is praising the Neo-Geo, and for getting a couple of small things wrong, he's called an "AIDS/cancer patiant", a "faggot", and threatened with "I would knock his fuckin' teeth out." A disgusting forum, I thought Neo-Geo die-hards were supposed to be sophisticated, upper middle class, and over 30. That one loser "EvilEvoIX" is such an arrogant jerk I would like to personally see him dragged outside his house and smacked around a bit.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reinforces why I don't venture to other site forums often if at all (other than DP). I went back and watched most of this guys reviews and was very impressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    That was one of the most disgusting threads I've ever read. Here he is praising the Neo-Geo, and for getting a couple of small things wrong, he's called an "AIDS/cancer patiant", a "faggot", and threatened with "I would knock his fuckin' teeth out."
    Yeah I'm surprised. I'm not going to pretend that I spend any time at the NG forums, but I just kind of expect any forum based on older games would have reasonable people in it. I don't think I've ever seen someone post something like this on DP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag Master from the NG forums
    Not only does this douche bag get his information wrong, he has no idea on the concept of time/years of anything gaming. If I saw this fucking lame-ass excuse for a gamer, I would knock his fuckin' teeth out and shove a timetable of gaming in his pasty-ass face! Neo-Geo fan? You have to be fucking kidding me...... I feel like puking after seeing this faggot video, thank you....
    I really don't care if the guy made a few mistakes. I noticed them too. He included a video of Sam Sho 2 when he mentioned Sam Sho 1. Big deal! All in all he did a great job. Plus, it's a lot better than I could do.

edit: Hmmm... wait a minute... I recently started a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a youtube reviewer. Am... I ... like .... Jag Master... ? My thread is here (title - Is this idiot for real?!? [youtube review of Galatic Attack - Saturn]). I've got a lot to think about...
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 02-08-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

When did Neo-Geo and 4Chan merge?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Neo Geo elites are a strange bunch. Its like people from the early 90's BBS days who hated the influx of people who began to flood the internet. They have their nose turned up at people who don't look at the Neo Geo in the way that they collectively do. There is some kind of Neo Geo "code of ethics" that the members of that forum adhere to and attack people who don't present the Neo Geo in the light that they prefer. Its really pointless and stupid if you really think about it.

The Neo Geo elites basically invested in a system that the mainstream public couldnt enjoy intially because of the price point. They liked the fact that they could play the top of the line games why the rest of the people had to play the SNES or Genesis. Its an elitist sort of mentality from top to bottom. They are now angry that PS2 players can enjoy the gem games. They are sort of like certain Jews who didn't want Gentiles to know what they knew or enjoy the same gaming magic they did.

The Happy Console Gamer is a cool dude in my book, he comes off very humble and as someone who is very knowledgable. Most of all it seems he has a life outside of gaming.

He even gave a shoutout to this site on one of his vids!

He is the type of collector we should all thrive to be, humble and enjoy the games and collecting aspect, not elitist pricks who put rules on how you should be a gamer.
    Last edited by ReaXan; 02-08-2009 at 12:10 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    edit: Hmmm... wait a minute... I recently started a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a youtube reviewer. Am... I ... like .... Jag Master... ? My thread is here (title - Is this idiot for real?!? [youtube review of Galatic Attack - Saturn]). I've got a lot to think about...
    There's a difference between you and them: You realized that you're overreacting a bit to that reviewer you mentioned.

In other words, you can learn from your mistakes.

They cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't travel to those forums (besides that link), but I will say, after reading about a page worth, some of the other members actually told the dude he needed to shut his lips.

That makes me want to buy the worst port of a neo geo game for another system, and then make a youtube video saying how it is better to have it than a neo geo system, and then post that up there as my first thread just to put more kindling on the fire, hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    That makes me want to buy the worst port of a neo geo game for another system, and then make a youtube video saying how it is better to have it than a neo geo system, and then post that up there as my first thread just to put more kindling on the fire, hahaha

Although that is a pretty funny idea. But what game would you use? People seem to bitch about the PS2 version of the SNK compliation - maybe use that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

I like the guy's reviews and style, how he seems to get caught up in nostalgia and starts rambling... you can tell he's a gamer and collector at heart and he did grow up with these systems. Those guys over at the Neo Geo forums need to chill and/or suck a brick.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Those Neo Geo guys are just insane, they're even bashing his collection for no real reason. He has a big collection of thousands of games but he didn't show off any R10s, so it sucks?

I respect people who collect what they like to play. Just collecting rarities to impress other people seems kind of shallow, it's like the only way they're liked is if they have something rare and valuable. Not everyone is that rich either, most people can't afford the extreme rarities(I've got nothing against people with money, just people who are snobbish).

Originally Posted by ulasamosa
    Riddle me this Batman....why is it that in these videos of "game collectors" you never see anything REALLY rare? Metal Slug AES? negative. ever seen a Daytona USA Netlink Edition for Saturn? zip. Stadium Events for NES. nope. Magical Chase for Turbo Grafx? nada. Rakugaki Showtime for PSX? big miss. My point is of all these collectors, sure some have big collections, who cares, so do I (3000+ games), but I'm sorry, Chrono Trigger isn't rare. Earthbound isn't rare. Shining Force 2 isn't rare. Final Fanasty 7 isn't rare. These games are just really popular and thus command a certain value. I've got a boxed complete Fairchild Channel F with 18 of the 22 games released. Now thats something to care about. Would any of the above mentioned people that make these "collection" videos care? Nope. I want to see more out of these videos. I don't want to see a big collection filled mostly with games I already have. I want to see the rarities and the obscure. Someone show me a complete copy of Bounty Bob for the 5200, or Pepsi Invaders for the 2600 and I'll be impressed....til then I'll stare at my own collection.
    Originally Posted by Praise the Lard
    I'm a bit like you, I've never been terribly impressed with the collection videos I've seen. It's a funny thing about many of these collection videos on Youtube.. Sooo many of them are just stacked with RPGs as the highlights.. If the highlights of your collection are games released by Working Designs or Atlus then you've really not got much of a collection at all. There was obviously a lot of time and dedication spent in obtaining the games though, so, in the end, I can respect their collections.

I should also add that even to this day I am bit awe struck when I see AES games, even a small amount (say ~10-15). Particularly the english games. Even some of the more common AES games are more rare than the "rare" games on other systems. For example, in this video he holds up an english Art of Fighting 2.. It's not uber rare (by AES standards) or terribly valuable, but that game doesn't exactly grow on trees. Very respectable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Since when is it a requirement that in order to be a collector, one must have several games worth 4 - 5 figures?

collector

Noun
    1. a person who collects objects as a hobby
    2. a person employed to collect debts, rents, or tickets
    Those guys need to do some self evaluation and get their priorities in life straight, and not lose sleep over what constitutes a collector. :rollseyes:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post

Although that is a pretty funny idea. But what game would you use? People seem to bitch about the PS2 version of the SNK compliation - maybe use that.
    You know just as well as I do, that depending on the troll, some of them are funny to poke. Some, like fighter here on these forums, not so much, but somebody like that douche on the neo geo forums, it would be great fun