Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Fighter Team: Legend of Wukong (Genesis/Megadrive)

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I think the artwork looks great for what it is, but there's room for improvement. The main character trio should have their details tightened up a bit so they look less out of focus. Western video game releases in the 90s were not OMG anime and the packaging is true to that.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

preorders are shipping now!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

December 03, 2008 is the official worldwide release date for Legend of Wukong!

Shipping to pre-order customers began this afternoon, and will continue through to the end of the week. If you didn't yet receive a shipping confirmation e-mail, please watch for it tomorrow or Friday. Once again I'd like to personally thank everyone who participated in the pre-order process. We would not be able to keep doing what we do if not for your dedication and support.

If you are interested in ordering a copy but haven't done so yet, please check out the official website for all the latest information, and to place your order.

Now, once again, our favorite 16-bit videogame system will enjoy the premier of a new game. Never let dreams die!
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    preorders are shipping now!
    Look at Quick Draw McGraw over here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good work man. I didn't even realize this was coming out until today. I just ordered my copy.
    -Sosage

WTF is a Dim-Mac?!?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post
    Look at Quick Draw McGraw over here.
    actually it was really weird how that happened, cause I was just lying in bed wondering when it would ship, and then your email arrived with the news!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is GREAT news!!! I figured it would be another week or two before it shipped! I'll have Wild Arms 4 beat by tomorrow so this is perfect timing!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sega-16 has the world's first review!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive been playing mine since Saturday... its just nice playing something new on the Genesis

JS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by jsiucho View Post
    Ive been playing mine since Saturday... its just nice playing something new on the Genesis
    Great! I hope you enjoy it very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I recieved mine monday. I can't wait for the weekend so I can really sit down and enjoy it!

I have a very busy work week but I did try the game out for a few minutes (On my Nomad right before I fell asleep) and I have to say that what I played I really liked.

One thing that I must commend Superfighter Team on is the dialog. The dialog is just fantastic and charming. It was in Beggar Prince and it is in Wukong. If I didn't know any better I'd have thought that Victor Ireland and the Working Designs crew had handled it! For me, thats a good thing!

Keep up the GREAT work Mr. Cobb!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

First I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone here at Digital Press who ordered a copy of Legend of Wukong. All of your orders should arrive in time for Christmas if they haven't arrived already. We are very grateful for every order that comes in, and for every satisfied customer who gets a positive experience from playing our games. Thanks again for allowing us to continue with the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    I recieved mine monday. I can't wait for the weekend so I can really sit down and enjoy it!
    Great!

One thing that I must commend Superfighter Team on is the dialog. The dialog is just fantastic and charming. It was in Beggar Prince and it is in Wukong. If I didn't know any better I'd have thought that Victor Ireland and the Working Designs crew had handled it! For me, thats a good thing!

Keep up the GREAT work Mr. Cobb!
    I'm glad you're enjoying things so far. It's especially refreshing for me to hear that you're getting a kick out of the dialogue.

Please feel welcome to share any additional comments as you find time to play through the adventure in more detail. Customer feedback is extremely important and beneficial to us.
    Last edited by CMA Death Adder; 12-12-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is the greatest thing ever... I hope there's alot more of these Taiwanese games that are worth translating... please be sure to send my thanks to the folks at C&E for authorizing you to translate their games... it's a wonderful thing when a company is willing to work with someone like you to make things like this happen... I still can hardly believe that we're getting such great new games like this so many years after everyone else gave up on the Genesis

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

this is the greatest thing ever... I hope there's alot more of these Taiwanese games that are worth translating...
    We are already either in partnership or talks with most of the videogame companies in Taiwan that produced anything of note for the Genesis, so only time will tell what appears in the future.

it's a wonderful thing when a company is willing to work with someone like you to make things like this happen...
    It's a rare, wonderful thing indeed. I was very lucky that the company I admired for many years was made up of such decent, understanding people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

IGN was nice enough to publish an article about our games, covering all of them in accurate, respectful detail:

*** IGN article about Super Fighter Team

Thanks for your attention.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

How did I miss this release? O.o

Edit: I think it's funny that CM Death Adder and 108 stars are bickering. You share the same fanbase, anyone buying new Genesis RPGs is likely to purchase both games. Not pick between them. You guys should be well... not so much as working together as just learning from one another.

108 puts together an awesome package.
    Death Adder has open communication with his customers.

Edit 2: Just ordered Wukong.
    Last edited by Daria; 12-20-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am hoping some of you are further in the game than I am and hopefully you can help me out.

I am about 4 hours into The Legend of Wukong. I got all three keys but am now stuck at the Black Gale Cave. I am at the point where you have to fight the Bear Demon (Loved the Yogi Bear reference about swiping picnic baskets) and he keeps tearing me a new one!!!

I am level 18 and haven't had too many problems up to this point. He gets me in a lock with his poison spell. I can do a fair amount of damage to him but after a while he just keeps using his poison attack and It forces me on the defensive. Every turn is spent removing the poison effect or healing and then he casts poison again.

I have fought him like 3 or 4 times already and beyond the obvious "spend hours level grinding" I was wondering what strategies some of you used and how you managed to beat him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

(Loved the Yogi Bear reference about swiping picnic baskets)

I have fought him like 3 or 4 times already and beyond the obvious "spend hours level grinding" I was wondering what strategies some of you used and how you managed to beat him?
    Yowza. The Black Bear Demon is actually beatable once you've reached level 13, though it's a bit of a stretch at that point. There's no big secret to defeating him, you just need a good routine and some patience. Here's what I do: Attack him viciously until my health drops below 100 HP. At that point, I heal. When the Black Bear Demon uses his Poison Cloud attack, I use an Antidote then heal on the next turn if necessary. It's a good idea to stock up on Antidotes from the shops before you encounter this demon; that'll save you the trouble of wasting MP casting the Poison Cure spell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post

Yowza. The Black Bear Demon is actually beatable once you've reached level 13, though it's a bit of a stretch at that point. There's no big secret to defeating him, you just need a good routine and some patience. Here's what I do: Attack him viciously until my health drops below 100 HP. At that point, I heal. When the Black Bear Demon uses his Poison Cloud attack, I use an Antidote then heal on the next turn if necessary. It's a good idea to stock up on Antidotes from the shops before you encounter this demon; that'll save you the trouble of wasting MP casting the Poison Cure spell.
    Thanks! That really helped. I guess I was just waiting too long before I healed, and by that time the bear could just whittle me down bit by bit. I'm much further in the game now!

I'm glad this game shipped before Christmas. My girlfriend and I had to travel a bit between both of our families this holiday and nothing killed the moments of boredom better than Wukong and my Sega Nomad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't believe I'd never heard of this game. You guys over at Super Fighter team need to get word out to the likes of NTSC-UK and ASSEMblergames. Both of those sites have a big retro community that would love this game.

Yakumo
    Love the world of NTSC-J Sega?
    http://www.segagagadomain.com