Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do not hurt what you can't kill ... (What are the games that does have enemies ...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Do not hurt what you can't kill ... (What are the games that does have enemies ...

that you do not need to face?)

[Spoiler alert!!!]

For example, in the SEGA Dragon Crystal game there are enemies that only attack you if you accidentally hit them! In this case their will follow you and try to kill your character.

What are the games that does have characters or enemies that are so powerful than your character or even more powerful than the main character? Some game series does feature powerful characters that could be a challenge, sure into most of those aforementioned games the player have a party of characters to face the single 'opponent'!

I think that this is common into some games series like:
    Lufia
    Final Fantasy
    Dungeons & Dragons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Don't mess with the chickens in Zelda or they will flock and peck your ass to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I was always amused at the Master Tonberry enemies. Having an attack based on all the damage you've done to all enemies throughout the game called "Everyone's Grudge" was quite awesome.

The enemies that were there to insta-kill or punish you - like the Baron in Bubble Bobble or that happy face from Frenzy ... those were scary.

That being said... RUN COWARD RUN!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

super hyldlide on genesis (hydlide 3 on famicom) have good and bad charecters roaming the map, the bad ones attack you on sight, but the neutral/good ones will wander about till you stab them brutally (from behind of course) they are usualy stronger then the bad creatures and give better rewards (attacking them lowers your morale, which makes it harder to deal with people in town since you know..you're an evil murderer and all)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah FF is full of those sorts of optional enemies that don't really mean any harm, but if you step on their toes you are dogmeat.

Like Emerald and Ruby Weapon in FFVII. (I love when you would exit the sunken Gelnika(sp?) and Emerald would be parked right above you. Gah!)

Or Omega Weapon in FFVIII...

Final Fantasy XII -- the Elementals! They were neutral until you used ANY kind of magic on the field, then they move in and annhilate you! Also there were various hunters walking around that you can fight or just leave alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can't kill almost all of the enemies in Lolo, including those badass pink sword throwing guys with the Cheshire Cat smile. Those things freaked me out when I was a kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would you count attacking allies in RTS games? Although you usually can't hostile Neutral or Allied forces you can sometimes attack a base and then it's all out war. In games like Starcraft the computer will just defend against whatever units you use to charge them.

From what I hear there are plenty of NPCs in RPGs across the board that will take you out. None come to mind at the moment.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

RE for the gc that zombie with the explosive strap on.

Most you can do is avoid if you fire at it then it's game over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and Oblivion, to be more specific), neutral/good characters will attack you if you hit them. Of course, if you killed certain 'good' characters, the game would tell you that the story can't continue on, but you can still keep playing. I remember meeting the God, Lord Vivic, in the Morrowind game and pummeling him to his death with nothing more than my bare hands just because I thought that it would be funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed Brother View Post
    In the Elder Scrolls games (Morrowind and Oblivion, to be more specific), neutral/good characters will attack you if you hit them. Of course, if you killed certain 'good' characters, the game would tell you that the story can't continue on, but you can still keep playing. I remember meeting the God, Lord Vivic, in the Morrowind game and pummeling him to his death with nothing more than my bare hands just because I thought that it would be funny.
    I did that too. Actually, I found it easier to beat Vivec to death barehanded because it pretty much takes all the fight out of him. He can only get up for a split second before getting knocked down again because his stamina is gone. Of course, the way I remember it as long as he's used up all his magic he's no big whoop anyway.

In the Ultima games you do not attack Lord British unless you want to get your ass handed to you on a plate. Of course, there are ways to kill him built into most of the games, but the novice adventurer who decides to just walk up and swing a sword at him is in for a nasty surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Colecovision Frenzy: Do NOT shoot the giant, sleeping Evil Otto. Retribution is insanely swift and deadly.
    "As you traitors roast in your own juices, I will be safely ensconced three miles below the earth's surface, listening to my wax-cylinder player and enjoying a delicious phosphate!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

***SPOILER***

Hmm, perfect example: The Grox from Spore.

There is no way to beat them. They are in the space stage. Seriously, you can't beat them. You can travel from space system to space system, but there are a couple systems you can't get to, but they can get to you, and since you can't get to them, they will continue to build up money and just send waves after waves of dudes after you. They have over 1000 star systems as well, which is retarded.

I am guessing they made these guys impossible to beat so that they could release something cool in an expansion pack (we all know that Maxis loves their expansion packs). Even still, why put the main bad guys in the game and make them unbeatable!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shopkins; Skull of Mondain for the win, baby!!! I never had much trouble taking out Lord British, but winning the game became rather difficult after that point.....

In Final Fantasy 6 the Guardian machine in Vector is unbeatable.

Black plants in Super Mario Bros. 3 are invincible.

Lots of others I can't think of right now.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3 couldn't be attacked, you can only run away from it, and if it caught you it was instant death. CHOMP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The barrier guns in Halo 3's multiplayer maps.

One step past, KABOOM ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really a hard battle or anything but Elacian was damn hard for a somewhat normal monster ;p Figures the only looper that didn't run away could kick the shit out of u :P (Skies of Arcadia btw)

And the 3 secrets battle (sorry not gonna spoil it :P) at crescent isle (note: have to unlock the 3 secrets to get the battle) was probably the hardest battle in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Astrosmash DWB

One that comes immediately to mind (and hasn't already been mentioned) is Chrono Trigger - since the "random" enemies are visible outside of battle, many of them can be avoided and won't attack unless you touch them.

More recently, Sander Cohen in BioShock is completely optional to fight; in either encounter with him he won't fight you unless you attack or otherwise provoke him first.
    Dan B.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So is this a list of things that should be avoided or things that are just plain undefeatable?
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Bulletproof car from Spy Hunter can't be shot, but may be slammed into the side of the road.

The old man in The Legend of Zelda that starts throwing fireballs if you attack him once.

Remnant spirits in Silent Hill 4: The Room: You can only use the sword to pin them down, but you can't kill them no matter how hard you try. Run.
    Last edited by OMF2097; 09-30-2008 at 03:52 AM.

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

The frog eggs in Izuna will hatch if attacked and the tadpoles that come out of them are EVIL... I have yet to kill one.