Thread: J.B. Harold Series- Anyone played them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default J.B. Harold Series- Anyone played them?

I have always wanted to play Blue Chicago Blues and Manhattan Requiem on Laseractive but am without funds. Does anyone know if the 3DO and Playstation versions of Blue are in English with Japanese subtitles or dubbed? I want to try out Murder Club too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its mostly dubbed in Japanese, no subtitles.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LouLee7th

Discussed this about two months ago, played JB Harold Murder Club for Turbo and couldn't beat it because of a glitch that I think is in the game not allowing me to get a piece of evidence that I needed. If you play it and beat it, search for my forum and give me an update. Great game though!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tony Lama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LouLee7th View Post
    Discussed this about two months ago, played JB Harold Murder Club for Turbo and couldn't beat it because of a glitch that I think is in the game not allowing me to get a piece of evidence that I needed. If you play it and beat it, search for my forum and give me an update. Great game though!
    Holy Cow! Is THAT what is wrong with the game!? A glitch!? I too played JB HAROLD MURDER CLUB on TG-16/CD. As a kid, my friend and I spent a good chunk of our summer vacation trying to beat it. Basically we thought it could be beaten by going through every choice allowed by the game ... and EVENTUALLY you HAVE to make it to the end. We even called the Turbo Technologies Gaming hotline. The counselor said that according to what we've played through so far, we were just about at the finale of the game. He was puzzled as to why we were stuck! Eventually we gave up on JB Harold. The summer ended and we went back to school unfulfilled. Haven't touched the game since. It sits on my shelf and mocks me!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LouLee7th

If you arrest the guy in the hotel early, I think the piece of evidence that you need can never be obtained. That's my guess, because it's the only thing that is off limits. I wish someone would do an FAQ for this game!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Unfortunately I think the only version of BSB with the English text and voice acting is the Laseractive one. The PC, PC-FX and Saturn versions are supposedly missing it too.

I haven't played them yet, though I own the Manhattan Requiem LD-ROM2. I need to grab a Turbo Duo module first.

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I beat the one for TGCD 3 or 4 times and don't remember any bug. I'd love to play some others in the Murder Club series.