Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market

Few vendors here and there,Bad Weather,High Winds,Collateral Damage from High winds via getting hit in the head from items flying off the tables..Lots of breakage today..

NES Deck with Plug $5.00
    Lego Stuff $5.00
    K'Nex Roller Coaster Set(sealed-new) $10.00..it's so heavy
    Movie CARS $6.00

The NES deck has a story behind it..It was on a table between two vendors with a Playstation and N64 Deck,Bare decks no hook ups.controllers or anything.
    All the hook ups controllers,games were with the vendor on the right..You'd buy the bare system for $5.00 and the vendor to the left would lead you over to the vendor on the right to buy it's connections.."but" the hook-ups,controllers,games were HIGH Priced.
    These two vendors had something going on where the first one tried to force lure you in by selling you the system cheap but then hoping to burn you in price on the rest of it.
    So I grabbed the NES and it had it's plug,they forgot to seperate it as they had just set this up..I paid for it and bagged it up as the vendor on the left practically pulled me over to the vendor on the right.(playing stupid)
    So I figure,Ok..since the systems are $5.00 each everything else should be fairly cheap.
    SMB $10.00 other common games $10.00 each
    NES Controllers $5.00 Each
    RF switch $7.00
    The N64
    $8.00 each controller
    Games $10.00 each
    Power Supply $5.00(yea they pulled it off
    RF type TV connector $5.00

PS
    $5.00 each controller
    AC plug $5.00 WHAT
    AV $5.00
    Games $10-15.00 each depending on title..

So I left and I think I Ruined thier plans as I now had the NES deck and they still were stuck with the parts and games for it.
    I passed around later and the vendor to the right then had the playstation and N64 on his side trying to match everything back up.(cleaning the gunk out of the N64
    He asked.Why don't you buy this stuff off me..I told him..Not for the prices you want.It's not worth it..
    So I asked again,How much are the NES controllers..$5.00 each,I offered $2.00 and he didn't go for it.
    $35.00 for the gunk filled N64...He laughed as he cleaned it noting that he'll sell it..

The fitst thing I saw when I got there was a nice looking Motorcycle Helmet..I like to buy helmets that match the paint scemes on my pocketbikes.
    So I asked how much for the used helmet..$100.00 and that HE could sell it on eBay for $200.00
    Soooo Go sell it on ebay then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Nothing uber rare? Black Dahlia, Day of the Tentacle, Soul Reaver... each one is worth quite a bit. o_o

*jealous*
    What? Are you kidding? I know that Day of the Tentacle can fetch a bit of money on ebay (with box, though) but I had no idea about the other ones. Care to fill me in? Also, Black Dahlia is a "PC Best Buy" edition (budget title) so would that affect the price?
    Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Does anyone have a list of what PC games are actually worth something, because I pass them up so often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Does anyone have a list of what PC games are actually worth something, because I pass them up so often.
    It's really a way of mouth and lots of searching the Web. There are some collector boards out there for PC games but no significant rarity guides that I know of.

In other news, I picked up a few games for once. One of the local stores is expanding their location and have most of their games for 50% off. They have games like FF III and Secret of Mana for $20 with the discount, so nothing in high value to pick up as a deal. I did grab:
    NES:
    Legendary Wings (L - $2)
    Shinobi (L - $2.50)
    SNES:
    First Samurai (CIB - $10)

Still nothing terribly insane but out of the selection that's what I decided to grab. On a side-note, my 5000th post is in the finds thread.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, K'Nex Rollercoaster! I always wanted that one...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybum View Post
    What? Are you kidding? I know that Day of the Tentacle can fetch a bit of money on ebay (with box, though) but I had no idea about the other ones. Care to fill me in? Also, Black Dahlia is a "PC Best Buy" edition (budget title) so would that affect the price?
    I was mistaken - Soul Reaver 2 is incredibly rare and sought after. Apparently it was not going to be released at all but enough people complained so a small print run was made.

Black Dahlia is somewhat rare and I've -heard- it's worth quite a bit. I've only found it once and the seller wanted $20 for it because it had eight discs. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it, myself.

As for a rarity guide... well, I don't know of any. I just sell crap on eBay. Every once in a while I see something that's worth money and makes me go "What?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Picked up a few things today, and got something in the mail.

Dick Tracy (VHS)-$3
    Rocket Knight Adventures (loose)-$3
    Bram Stoker's Dracula (Sega CD, complete)-$3

This store seems to price the stuff they want to get rid of at $3.

I got the European version of Crackout on NES in the mail today, works just fine.

Also, wanted to get Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on Genesis and got optimistic when I saw the box on the shelf, but when I took it up to the counter, they didn't have it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a boxed version 2 SNES, and about 10 games including two mario games, zelda, and orge battle for about $150. I know I could have gotten the stuff for cheaper, but I really wanted to paly some of the good RPG's on the SNES.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This finally came!!! (on Friday). I ordered this during their promotion (on 06.23.08 @ about 2.30 pm), and after delays and who knows what, it finally came!!!!

...of course, I actually ordered two copies since I wanted one for a gift and they only sent me one (GRRRRR!). But I called and their records showed I ordered 2 and they only shipped me one, so it is supposed to be taken care of. The gift is a little (okay, a LOT) late by now.

On friday I also picked up a complete big box PC copy of Space Quest 6.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After a bit of a dry spell, had a decent find at Goodwill this morning. There was a bag at the bottom of the locked case with a bunch of black wires and plastic in it. The only thing I could make out was a 2600 joystick at the top. I had them get it out of the case, and it turns out the joystick was the plug and play version with the built-in games. The other items in the bag were also made by Atari, but a bit nicer in my opinion:

$14.99 went down to $13.50 with a 10% halloween coupon, plus everything is clean, in good shape, and works great.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I got a Japanese Wii for my birthday today! It is quite awesome, but I do not have any games for it. My Japanese GC games play fine on it, though.
    Play-Asia even included a package of Ramune-style candy in the shipping box.

Besides that, I was also supposed to get the original version of Silhouette Mirage for the Saturn today, but it did not come yet. It would have been bought with my Wii, but PA did not get it until AFTER the Wii was ordered.
    I'll post some pics after SM arrives on Monday.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've picked some pretty decent stuff over the past couple of days.

Yesterday I found a Game Boy Player for my 'Cube for $25. It was bit dusty inside the cartridge slot, but I cleaned it out and it works great! I'm impressed at how good my GBA games look on the big screen! It also makes it a lot easier to play my original GB & GBC games. (No more hard to see screens!)

Today I picked up some stuff from a Craigslist deal that I'm pretty pleased with.

The OFFICIAL Nintendo strategy guides for Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The price? $3 each!

I also got another addition for my Sonic collection. It a cute book called "How to Draw Sonic and the Gang". Price: $4

And finally, I got a mint & complete copy of Rocket Knight Adventures for my Genesis. (It's includes the manual, registration card, and Konomi poster with their other releases.) Price: $10

The woman I met up with said her husband was big games collector when he was younger. But now they don't have much room left in their house, so they decided to sell a bunch of stuff to clear some space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

My pick ups at the flea market today were ok.

Ratchet And Clank: Size Matters (complete) - $5
    It was priced at 6 and the lady wouldn't go any lower.

Sly 2: Band Of Thieves (GH, No manual) - $2
    Originally $3. I had no idea how scratched it was until looking at it in the light, because the flea market is outside and it was dark out. >_<

Grim Fandango - (In jewel case with back art but no manual or big box) - 25 cents
    Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco In The Spinal Frontier (complete, but no big box) - 50 cents
    From the same seller. Hopefully these won't be too old for my computer. Grim Fandango came with 2 discs, is that the right number?

Official PS1 Memory Card - $1
    Originally $2. I needed another one, and not a horrible price.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe that Grim Fandango has SCUMM VM support, so I'd definitely check that out. I'm torn between playing those old games on my DOS rig, or in SCUMM VM, since it handles them so well.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I got an unopened Spirited Away DVD today.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Well, Grimm Fandango works fine on my budget emachines computer, even though its running XP instead of 98 or 95.

The game is good so far. Think I'm gonna get a PC game controller before I really start playing it though because using the arrow keys is a PITA.

Sly 2 also works, despite all of the scratches. Its just as fun as it was a few years ago when I rented it.

Space Quest, however, didn't work. Don't know what I'm gonna do with that...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bought these two PS3 games for $36 total off Walmart.com- Motorstorm and The Darkness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    I got an unopened Spirited Away DVD today.
    spirited away is awesome ;p mononoke and nausica are my fav ghibli shit though ;p

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DOSBOX or one of the replacement SCI engines might let you run Space Quest VI. If you've never used DOSBox, be sure to give it a try. Running the Windows version might be more desirable, but you need 3.1 or 95. If you ask me, those early 90's Sierra games that had Windows modes were better in Windows than DOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    DOSBOX or one of the replacement SCI engines might let you run Space Quest VI. If you've never used DOSBox, be sure to give it a try. Running the Windows version might be more desirable, but you need 3.1 or 95. If you ask me, those early 90's Sierra games that had Windows modes were better in Windows than DOS.
    Thanks. I'll mess with it later.