Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Several Posts as the Site will only let me post 10 images per post.

Garage Sales

I actually wasn't going to go hunting today but my Dad wanted to go,

My $57.00 Haul..

The first house I hit
    Got this Box of N64 stuff $10.00..

I actually stepped away from it to look at something else and a guy with his kids looked through it,opened the topsof the N64s to see the ram chip..I thought I lost out but then they left.

What was in the Box..

Box Also contained... change,box of nails and silverware..

Then bought this stuff for $7.00(Son loves Star Wars)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

b]Next Place I found this "Mystery"box ..[/b]

So I yank out the SNES..(NICE) and the guy starts sorting the games and systems out on a table neatly....
    I ask,"do you have the wires for it,it's connections?"..He says yes,in tha box...
    How much?
    He says'$10.00 for the SNES (with it's hook ups)..$2.00 per game..Cool,so I grab Super Mario World and I'm up to $12.00
    His wife tries to help to get out the connections but is fighting with the PS controllers tangled up..I tell her that they are for the Playstation and explan what is what in the box per system.
    The stuff was so tangled that she gave up and her husband says"I'll make you a deal,Give me $20.00 and take everything"

Sweeet!!!..
    So we pile it all back into the bin QUICK,pay the $20.00 and I'm off..

With the Systems and some games out.(mess of tangled wires)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Stuff out of the Bin..

SNES,two controllers,AV,Radio shack plug..
    Genesis II.AC,RF and two controllers..
    Dreamcast,AV wire and Clear VMU...(I have a dozen AC plugs
    Playstation with two dual shock controllers
    Bunch of SNES.N64 and Genesis games
    Misc power supplies and cell phone stuff..(someday I'm just going to list like 20 of them on ebay cheap)I think one is a replacement NES plug
    Misc computer wires
    N64 Paperwork..
    Old Basketball cards
    Pokemon cards
    Someones key chain,lanyard
    Monica cassette
    Other junk that I threw out..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market

..Was Huge!!...Playstations on top of Playstations on top of N64s..ONE WET NES game in the whole place..

..I gave up when it started to rain and the vendors rushed to pack up.

Picked this up for $3.00

SNES $20.00..from $35.00*real nice kid,,,,,,,,,Had a Wii for sale too

My dad picked up a lot of stuff he looks for ..he left happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

Kind of need to vent on this find, as I ended up turning it down after some bullshit.

I went to the only game store near me that has anything older than PS2 today while I was on break from work. Right when you walk in, there's a bin of PS1 and N64 games. Some of the N64 games are in generic cases and some are in original boxes, but most of it isn't anything I ever want so I never bought any N64 games from this place. I've bought tons of other stuff though; hang out on a semi-regular basis and chat with the owner/manager about all kinds of game nonsense.

Anyway, I take a look in the bin today and there's a copy of Majora's Mask Collectors Edition CIB for $10. Now, I've already got MM:CE but it's just the cartridge, so I was gonna buy this and sell my other one even though I collect very few games in box as far as older systems go (just the favorites, mostly). He keeps all the carts behind the counter, so you bring the box up and he'll find the matching cart (in case someone steals the case, only to find out there's no game in it later...).

I set the box on the counter, he fingers through the row of games and pulls up two copies of MM - one NFR and one with the whole hologrammy whatever label. Since I already have the CE cart, I thought about taking the NFR but it was in kinda shoddy condition, so I went with the CE. He rings it up, and gets a bag then tosses the cart in with my receipt and hands it to me, with the box now sitting behind the counter.

I'm like "uh...I don't get the box?" and he's like "No?" as if I were crazy or something. I told him "that's pretty much the only reason I wanted it, I already have the damn game" and so he goes "well I'll just return it then." So he gave me my money back and I just walked out totally baffled. I don't even remember what sort of two-bit explanation he gave, but I will certainly let him know what I think of this bullshit.

I'm taking some duplicate 360 games I have that are disc-only up there to trade them in tomorrow, except I'll put them in the cases I have for my other copies. And when I get there, I'll set the games on the counter, and unload each disc into a small pile and ask him how much.

"Huh? What about the cases?"
    "Well - what about them? You don't sell them anyway, right?"

Then when I go to get Fable II this month, I'll act like I'm totally shocked to get "the case and everything." I'm just stewing over this and coming up with as many nonsense smart-ass antics as I can to show him what I think.
    Last edited by theChad; 10-04-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theChad View Post
    Kind of need to vent on this find, as I ended up turning it down after some bullshit.

I went to the only game store near me that has anything older than PS2 today while I was on break from work. Right when you walk in, there's a bin of PS1 and N64 games. Some of the N64 games are in generic cases and some are in original boxes, but most of it isn't anything I ever want so I never bought any N64 games from this place. I've bought tons of other stuff though; hang out on a semi-regular basis and chat with the owner/manager about all kinds of game nonsense.

Anyway, I take a look in the bin today and there's a copy of Majora's Mask Collectors Edition CIB for $10. Now, I've already got MM:CE but it's just the cartridge, so I was gonna buy this and sell my other one even though I collect very few games in box as far as older systems go (just the favorites, mostly). He keeps all the carts behind the counter, so you bring the box up and he'll find the matching cart (in case someone steals the case, only to find out there's no game in it later...).

I set the box on the counter, he fingers through the row of games and pulls up two copies of MM - one NFR and one with the whole hologrammy whatever label. Since I already have the CE cart, I thought about taking the NFR but it was in kinda shoddy condition, so I went with the CE. He rings it up, and gets a bag then tosses the cart in with my receipt and hands it to me, with the box now sitting behind the counter.

I'm like "uh...I don't get the box?" and he's like "No?" as if I were crazy or something. I told him "that's pretty much the only reason I wanted it, I already have the damn game" and so he goes "well I'll just return it then." So he gave me my money back and I just walked out totally baffled. I don't even remember what sort of two-bit explanation he gave, but I will certainly let him know what I think of this bullshit.

I'm taking some duplicate 360 games I have that are disc-only up there to trade them in tomorrow, except I'll put them in the cases I have for my other copies. And when I get there, I'll set the games on the counter, and unload each disc into a small pile and ask him how much.

"Huh? What about the cases?"
    "Well - what about them? You don't sell them anyway, right?"

Then when I go to get Fable II this month, I'll act like I'm totally shocked to get "the case and everything." I'm just stewing over this and coming up with as many nonsense smart-ass antics as I can to show him what I think.
    Kinda reminds me of what happened to me once. I went into a game store and they had an Aero the Acrobat 2 box sitting there. Of course I wanted it and I offered to buy the game too. They said I couldn't have the box. Why? Just incase they get in another copy of Aero the Acrobat 2.
    Tea is for terrorists-Leo Laporte

Klingons Invented Saran Wrap

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Reminds me of a time I went into a Goodwill and saw a Sonic and Knuckles box, but there was no game because someone stole it.

You think they would be smart enough to keep those up front so no one steals it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    The 1 2 P - I've always been curious about the MK Mythologies games. I played a bit of Sub Zero a while ago and it seemed decent.
    There was only one MK Mythology game starring Sub-Zero, although there was a second offshoot on the PS1 starring Jax and Sonya. The Sub-Zero game was alot of fun, but even I'll admit it wasn't the best game ever. I hated having to press a button just to face the other way, but I still have very fond memories of playing it.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-05-2008 at 08:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Person who has DDR in his school is luchky.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap plexiglass to replace the arrows on the DDR pad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Person who has DDR in his school is luchky.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap plexiglass to replace the arrows on the DDR pad?
    You can have some lexan cut to size at a Lowe's, should run you about $30.00 or so - $14.00 or so if you want a more standard grade (optiplex).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

^Thanks.
    Do you think a DDR pad needs a good grade of it? Probably because people will be jumping around on it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    ^Thanks.
    Do you think a DDR pad needs a good grade of it? Probably because people will be jumping around on it...
    At least the middle grade (optiplex), don't buy the cheap duraplex stuff because it'll break if you look at it wrong.

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Therealqtip View Post
    holy crap i hope so cause i bought one at goodwill just like that for 10 dollars... with the box...(box is not in best condition but still standing)
    Well, as stated, it's really not worth anything more than the other models.. I figured I'd add to this simply to explain why it's actually desired though.

It's not just the RCA outs (The A/V multi-out is better to use if you don't plan on modding it, since it skips a pair of Op-amps). The DAC in the 1001 is pretty killer for the price (there were a bunch of stupid-ass rumors about it being better than a $1000 player). No way is that true, but for $5-15, you can't really get a better CD Player.

Also, for those who are interested, the SCPH-5001 also share the same DAC, it just loses the RCA outs. Unless you are pretty good with soldering, and have a fair understanding of electronic components... that 5001 will do just fine

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by ErmangelnSeelen View Post
    Well, as stated, it's really not worth anything more than the other models.. I figured I'd add to this simply to explain why it's actually desired though.

It's not just the RCA outs (The A/V multi-out is better to use if you don't plan on modding it, since it skips a pair of Op-amps). The DAC in the 1001 is pretty killer for the price (there were a bunch of stupid-ass rumors about it being better than a $1000 player). No way is that true, but for $5-15, you can't really get a better CD Player.

Also, for those who are interested, the SCPH-5001 also share the same DAC, it just loses the RCA outs. Unless you are pretty good with soldering, and have a fair understanding of electronic components... that 5001 will do just fine
    ... Doesn't the thing come with an A/V out cable which still has RCA plugs? Does the cable make a difference when it comes to sound quality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SEALED Cyber Tiger for N64- $3

AGP2- $5

Interesting little china made handheld gadget that plays the 34543635764 games everything else does.
    Tea is for terrorists-Leo Laporte

Klingons Invented Saran Wrap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Excellent day at the swap meet.

I bought a complete final fantasy 8 for $3.

Then I went to the game dealer there and traded that for $20 in credit, which I used to purchase a complete legend of dragoon and a complete wild arms 2. ^_^

YAY wild arms 2 and legend of dragoon for $3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Flea Market

-Star Control -CIB - Genesis - $6, a bit more than I usually pay for CIB Genesis games but I figured it was worth it on this one.

-Mr. Bones - CIB - Saturn - $4, I've always wanted to try this game, and for $4 for a complete copy, I couldn't pass on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

picked up a 2600 sears picture label gunslinger at goodwill today. $1.99

and i picked this up at the sunday swap:

$10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not too often I post pictures now-in-days but shucks, it's been cool. Parden the quality, no AA batteries for the camera so I'm stuck with 1.0 MP in bad lighting. I sized them down 50% because the blur was terrible at 100%.

So I finally received some MVS games in the mail that were a pretty penny but exactly what I've been waiting to pounce on, now there's only a few other dozen plus games I need in similar condition and package. I ran to a friends house Friday to test them out and see what he thought and get some gaming in.

First is Ghost Pilots. Not a huge hit among many but is one of the nifty 1942-like arcade games I've wanted in my now starting MVS collection. I did a full run-threw on Friday night and this game is long with insane difficulty (1cc on difficulty 8 is BS, please post a video or it didn't happen!). The planes are a bit large and I knew this, but it's a nifty characteristic of playing this. Played on emulator so it's nice to have the real deal now.

Then there is Alpha Mission II. This is all around fun times for me and 2-player is intense. Had the chance to play through twice and got my ass handed first time around, but improved a good bit on the second run. The power-ups are a must and a second player is nice to hold off half the screen. Upgrading is difficult since I require at least one credit per level but was interesting as to how some of the specials work.

Here they are taking up lots of space on one of my shelves. They're almost the size of PC big-boxes! I've seen them in complete kits at other people’s houses but never a side-by-side comparison against PC stuff.

On Craigslist a friend messaged me about a C64 being posted for an unknown amount, possibly free and with any number of things as it was being advertised along with a CED player with 30+ movies. So I ran by the guys house and he wanted to discuss his son playing WoW but knew little about computers, modern or classic. He wasn't "sure" about a price so I said straight up $5-10 for systems and $5-12 for boxes so with his goods maybe $10-15. He wanted $20 but was good with $15. I hate negotiating prices but figured with the condition $15 isn’t too bad, if it works…

Box

And here are the inside contents. Two power blocks, serial cable, and sleeves. I'm hoping some C64c people chime in *cough* Flack, and could give me a pointer about how to test this baby out and see if it runs. What other parts do I need as this is quite incomplete which is why I shot down his $20 offer, otherwise complete I could compromise paying the dude a bit more. How much to complete this bad boy? I looked on eBay and am not going by the wierd pricing out there.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Here is a picture of my almost CIB Commodore 64C. It is just missing the joystick.

Unfortunately nobody was interested in it when I posted it here for sale.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta