Thread: The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Default The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2

What's the story behind this one? I know what it is, I just do not know anything about it's release. I just got one today due to the actions of a friendly Gamstop employee, and it is nicely complete. The disc could be better, but it works.
    This is a cool package overall, but is it as rare as it seems? I would easily rate it an R5-R6 for how hard it was for me to obtain one.

Now, I know I could have went to eBay, but I just couldn't resist getting it for $4.99 at GS and avoiding the high online price.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Not much of a story, it was released after MGS2 and before MGS2: Substance. Original retail was 20 bucks and I didn't really see it in GS/EB's but it was in the more off chains like Fry's Electronics.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

OMG!! The Document of MS2, is quite rare.. It as all the original content, that was edited out due to 9/11. As being a fan of collecting MGS games,promos,etc. This was a MUST have, I had to special order it from Game Crazy, I was hoping it was complete. I was forced to do this,due to NO gamestop in my area had none. I asked them can they get me a complete copy, and they said no certain. So when I got it, I was so happy... Due to it was not only complete but 100% MINT... I paid like $10.00, it was worth every dollar. Yes on ebay they do sell for alot $$$.. If memory serves me right @ The DP Storem, Joe put his (Personal) copy in the store for sale. It sold and Joe hasn't had one haded since then, but then someone traded it in.. Joe didn't put this copy out, he kept it for himself.......OVERALL The Document of MGS2 is wort keeping.
    Last edited by Hitman Tyler; 10-07-2008 at 05:27 AM.
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

It's a nice little package for fans of the series, and fits in well enough with the Saga DVDs that accompanied the last two releases. I got mine at a Meijer way beck when it came out. They made their way into GameStops here and there by way of trade-in, but new copies weren't sold there.

I'd give this one a solid R4, maybe pushing R5 in the future depending on how the series holds up. This title is around if you look for it, either through the traditional channels or eBay. (There are 3 GameStops within 1 hour of me that have them, YMMV of course)
    Last edited by Oobgarm; 10-07-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm about 90% sure that this actually wasa sold at EB/GS back when it was released. I know I found mine used there for $10 a couple years ago but I remember seeing them new when it was first released. I remember because I thought it was a whole new game and saw that it was mainly a bonus disk of sorts. Good to have though because I almost never see them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd heard of this item but never really looked into it. It sounds like a cool little thing to have, I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Congrats on the nice price too, ebay is looking like $20-$30.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Tyler View Post
    OMG!! The Document of MS2, is quite rare.. It as all the original content, that was edited out due to 9/11. As being a fan of collecting MGS games,promos,etc. This was a MUST have, I had to special order it from Game Crazy, I was hoping it was complete. I was forced to do this,due to NO gamestop in my area had none. I asked them can they get me a complete copy, and they said no certain. So when I got it, I was so happy... Due to it was not only complete but 100% MINT... I paid like $10.00, it was worth every dollar. Yes on ebay they do sell for alot $$$.. If memory serves me right @ The DP Storem, Joe put his (Personal) copy in the store for sale. It sold and Joe hasn't had one haded since then, but then someone traded it in.. Joe didn't put this copy out, he kept it for himself.......OVERALL The Document of MGS2 is wort keeping.
    Not to be mean or nit-picky, but please tell me English isn't your first language. Or is grammar no longer taught in school?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

It recieved a limited distribution? Well, that certainly explains the lack of copies in the wild.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Not in Europe - it was bundled with the game as an apology for the delayed release or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0) DiabolicalAdvocate's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good to know it's kinda rare. I've got a sealed copy kicking around somewhere.