Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Galaxy Arcade/Game Store, NASHVILLE, TN SECOND LOCATION OPENING DEC 12 !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    Is that a red Namco Excellena I spy in there?
    It most certainly is.

I tried to pick up a few from Namco when they were selling out for cheap. Never got around to it unfortunately. Nice cabs.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really need to update those pics, we've got more Japanese cabinets now..what is the deal with those Exceleenas anyway? Mine is not even in the greatest shape...

Insert Coin (Level 0) skyhawk_fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. Sunset Riders. In a real arcade. Relatively close to home. That by itself would almost make a visit worthwhile. Is it a 2 player or 4 player cabinet?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a dedicated 4 player cabinet for Sunset Riders...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Hey Dream... One of these days, I might like to offer you a trade for that Bad Cats pin.

And BTW - your Track & Field machine keeps taking my quarters!

And where is this new location? I may have to visit there. I used to work at Hickory Hollow only a few years back (At the Babbage's, before it closed down) but that place really creeps me the hell out, now.

And the sad thing is - I remember when your space was still 'The Gold Mine'.

And I hope you pick up a Twilight Zone pin in your quest for the perfect arcade. If you got one, you'd have to pry that machine from my cold, dead hands... When it was originally in arcades back in the day, I would literally spend about $10 a day on Twilight Zone. And I usually got a replay every game I would play.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Diskoboy: Yeah, that Track & Field coin thing is a mystery....it works as soon as I open the coin door, but I'm pretty sure those are the original mechs in the damned thing...

Funny you mention Twilight Zone, I DO have one, but it's in my garage and there's no way I am bringing it there. I shouldn't have even brought Sopranos there and now THAT is out of order from being on location....

Was there a Babbage's AND EB World? I know the EB World changed to GameStop awhile back...now there's another game store there called CA$H 4 GAMES.

I have one other location in Smyrna called Soap Opera Laundromat & Game Room. The games are are mostly mine except for the pinballs and the broken games in the dark left hand corner.

We are attempting to do a Rivergate location, but they have a family entertainment center moving in there. The combination of that and our finances may prevent us from doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Diskoboy: Yeah, that Track & Field coin thing is a mystery....it works as soon as I open the coin door, but I'm pretty sure those are the original mechs in the damned thing...

Funny you mention Twilight Zone, I DO have one, but it's in my garage and there's no way I am bringing it there. I shouldn't have even brought Sopranos there and now THAT is out of order from being on location....

Was there a Babbage's AND EB World? I know the EB World changed to GameStop awhile back...now there's another game store there called CA$H 4 GAMES.

I have one other location in Smyrna called Soap Opera Laundromat & Game Room. The games are are mostly mine except for the pinballs and the broken games in the dark left hand corner.

We are attempting to do a Rivergate location, but they have a family entertainment center moving in there. The combination of that and our finances may prevent us from doing so.
    I stopped by your place last night, to play some pinball. Check the top score on your Robotron, if your machine saves the names after you turn them off.

The HH Babbages was on the "new wing" right outside (I believe it was) the old Dilliards, upstairs. When I was there, Camelot Music was still right across the hall. The store closed in 2002, and when Gamestop bought EB, they took over the downstairs store. I think my old store is a manacure place, now. I hope, for all our sakes, you get another location soon. Hickory Hollow is starting to look anemic. Practically every store on that wing I worked on is now closed. Even the shoe place, downstairs.

It was the first mall I ever went to, when I moved here in 1982. It's sad to watch that place suffer, the way it has. But I'll be seriously amazed if that mall is still standing within 5 years.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    I stopped by your place last night, to play some pinball. Check the top score on your Robotron, if your machine saves the names after you turn them off.

The HH Babbages was on the "new wing" right outside (I believe it was) the old Dilliards, upstairs. When I was there, Camelot Music was still right across the hall. The store closed in 2002, and when Gamestop bought EB, they took over the downstairs store. I think my old store is a manacure place, now. I hope, for all our sakes, you get another location soon. Hickory Hollow is starting to look anemic. Practically every store on that wing I worked on is now closed. Even the shoe place, downstairs.

It was the first mall I ever went to, when I moved here in 1982. It's sad to watch that place suffer, the way it has. But I'll be seriously amazed if that mall is still standing within 5 years.
    Robotron has been erasing scores left and right...I had something like 1.2 million and it erased that so I gave up on it.

As far as the mall goes, I know it's dying, but the thing is CBL owns two other malls in the area, Cool Springs and Rivergate. Since Hickory Hollow opened in 1978, it's been all downhill in the past 10 years because of the lower income residents now living in the area AND competition from all the other malls. To be honest there are too MANY malls for the demographics Nashville has. Just not enough people live in the Antioch area to frequent the mall...

The reason the wings are cleared out is because there is a school coming next year (March was last I heard, might be as late as September) but alternative use is the ONLY way the mall is going to survive.

We won't close this location unless our sales plummet and the school does not open. It is profitable and we do ok there, but with the amount of machines we're running we could be doing better.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We are opening our second location December 12!

Game Galaxy
    Rivergate Mall
    1000 Rivergate Parkway
    NEAR THE FOOD COURT/SEARS
    Goodlettsville, TN

Strawberry (Level 2) MonoTekETeA's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazing! Keep up the hard work!

-Jeremy
    Yippy Kie Yo Yai Yay
    I am really bad at spelling...no really.
    v A gift from Drexel923, Thanks homie! v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    We are opening our second location December 12!

Game Galaxy
    Rivergate Mall
    1000 Rivergate Parkway
    NEAR THE FOOD COURT/SEARS
    Goodlettsville, TN
    Congrats!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I went to the Hickory Hollow location today (August 6, 2011) and I have to say that Dream is quite a nice person and I loved the look of the store. Decent collection too. I plan on coming back the first Saturday of every month. Looks like Video Games Etc. (closed July 14, 2009) has finally found a successor. My first score included a 32X, completing my US Sega console and peripheral collection.

Maybe I'll blow some quarters on some arcade games next time too.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Opry Mills would be a great location though I'm sure the rent is way more than Hickory Hollow. A lot of people avoid Hickory Hollow so they don't get robbed or shot.
    Wanted and willing to fairly pay for:
    Final Fantasy III Hat/Cap (Official Squaresoft)
    Philips CDI 740
    NTSC Proto of Daze Before Christmas (SNES)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nes View Post
    Opry Mills would be a great location though I'm sure the rent is way more than Hickory Hollow. A lot of people avoid Hickory Hollow so they don't get robbed or shot.
    Opry Mills has Dave and Busters.

No one gets "robbed" or "shot" here. That is something that everyone keeps making up. In fact there have been more "robberies" in the Green Hills and Franklin areas as of late (GameStop twice) but the media makes it look like it's a warzone here. I've been in the arcade since Nov 2008, never had an incident here. There have been incidents "outside" the mall but just like in Green Hills and Franklin, that can happen in any area.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

I'll be in Nashvegas this weekend, but I won't be able to stop in. Sounds like a cool place though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, is the Nashville location still open? Man, Nashville always gets all of the cool stuff (Knoxville resident here). I might have to find time to make the drive on I-40 ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

I haven't visited Digital Press in a while, but I have some sad news to report.

Game Galaxy Arcade has just closed it's Hickory Hollow location. It was not by choice. Hickory Hollow Mall is closing for good June 31st and most of it's remaning tennants have also recieved eviction notices. Tuesday, June 25th was their last day opened.

Now for the good news.

They will be relocating in the old Best Buy/Hills building across the street from the mall (not the recent Best Buy location in the old Toys R Us building that just shut down). DreamTR has signed a lease for the new location, and he hopes to be open by August 1st. The date is not concrete, but he does plan on reopening.

For the time being, he has set up a location in Huntsville, AL. and has moved a good many of his games there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info- please keep us updated. I might be going to Nashville soon and I'd like to stop by if it's open!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Game Galaxy re-opened in early August.

Their new address is:
    Hickory Hollow Shopping Center, 5346 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Antioch, TN 37013

Hours: Sun-Mon Noon-6pm, Tues Noon-10pm, Wed-Thurs CLOSED, Fri-Sat Noon-8pm

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

good to hear its still open-how is the place doing it made the move months ago apparently I'll be moving to that general area and am looking to be supportive!