Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Castlevania Game Coming to 360 and PS3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dire 51 View Post
    So what do you think? Taking all bets!
    I'm all for a Blood Bank sim, as long as it's just a mini game within a "real" game.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

We live in a time when Franchises are being whored out for all different types of things. In the end, the core fanbase will mostly care about....just a dam good Castlevania game. The last two games didnt do it for me on the PS2/Xbox. Not horrible by any means, just not the castlevania I played back in the day. I too have a soft spot for the N64 LOD, probably because I forced myself to give it some quality time. At this point, I just want a good Castlevania game to be made. Not a fighting game, not a puzzle game, Castlevania game. Heck, even a remake of the original on XBLA will do
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

You know, this is kind of a pointless comment here, but I'm going to make it anyway. First, let me start by saying I really like Dawn of Sorrow on the DS. It's great. I never finished it because I got stuck, and I never played any of the others that came out following that because I figure if they're churning out 2 of those things a year, that can't be a good sign. But some real effort went into Dawn of Sorrow, and it's a fantastic game. I just HATE playing the effing thing on a DS. That's why I'd be incredibly excited for a state-of-the-art console redndition of that style of game (which we'll never see).

But now, everybody's defending LoI and CoD. I didn't play CoD, but my main problem with lament is that it was very lazily developed. They just reuse the same room over and over and over and over again, and arrange them in confusing patterns. Every area consists of multiple identical rooms, which makes the game boring. In addition, there was never any point to whipping the torches and candles because you knew it was only going to be hearts if you didn't have full hearts, or a $1 gold piece if you did have full hearts. Any candles containing weapons were labeled on the map ahead of time, so there was no point to exploring anything. (Not to mention that the weapons were useless. I just used the whip combos to everything, and it didn't cost hearts). The game did look nice, but most of the music was generic "creepy/mysterious-with-some-over-compressed-metal-electric-guitars". It lacked the catchy melodies and graceful beauty of the previous games (try the sound test in Super Castlevania IV, you'll see what I mean.)

I don't have any problem with Castlevania being in 3-D, but they just treated it like a bargain-bin title. Really, my impression is just like the writer's in the 1-up article G-Boobie posted--"God forbid Konami put money into anything that isn't Metal Gear".

To me, the Castlevania series is effectively dead. There are more CV releases on portables than anything else these days. I hope to God that they come out with something substantial here, but it's definitely been a 3rd rate franchise for some time now.

Okay, back on topic. Sorry.