Quakecon 2k2 was a much more sorted affair then last years event. This year the LAN party was bigger but the vendor showing wasn't as great.

I was impressed with ATI's setup, very professional, 2 16:9 plasma bigscreens playing DVD movies for people to watch handing out free soda's and tee-shirts (AMD's tee-shirt is the coolest though) I was blown away by the Radeon 9700 Tech demo's.. it's amazing what $400.00 worth of video card will get you these days.

Xbox had a cool setup.. 5 Xbox's networked with RTCW playing. Each Xbox station consised of 2 bean bag chairs and a 27" tv. The new re-designed Xbox controllers are just what people have been asking for.. smaller, with a better layout. The funny thing is they had a PS2 there running RTCW by itself and it looked like crap next to the Xbox lol.

Now Id had this HUGE setup for Doom III, it was basicly a ride.. you entered this room with some seats and they play the latest Doom III tech test demo on a 2.2ghz Radeon 9700 setup with Digital 5.1 and 5,000 watts of gaming sound. It sounded better then most theaters.

Doom III blew me away.. I've never seen a game move like that. All I can say is with a year still to work on it, Doom III is already looking like a finished product. I swear I wouldn't have thunk it, but this Doom is going to change the way people think of games.

Anyway unlike last year; if you didn't bring a computer you really didn't have anything else to do but grab a shirt and see the Doom III demo and play some Xbox RTCW or Doom II GBA.