Thread: Starcraft II to be a Trilogy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starcraft II to be a Trilogy!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/13/bl...e-3-year-plan/

Hey this is pretty cool news. I know some will complain that Blizz is trying to milk it and it should have been released all as one game but bah to them. Why have one game with stuff missing because they crammed it all into one title when you can have 3?? Even at $50 a pop I'll buy them all. I even really hope they do the same for DIII!

Did any other DP'ers go to Blizzcon? I was there this weekend and had a good time. Can't wait to use my Polar Bear mount on my Tauren druid, warrior, shaman and my Pally. Got a cool talking Murloc stuffed animal too. Though the lines for everything but the panels were pretty killer! Finally got to play DIII and SCII also (been in the wotlk beta for a while so no need for me to play that one). Can't wait for the SCII beta to start.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by zemmix View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/13/bl...e-3-year-plan/

Hey this is pretty cool news. I know some will complain that Blizz is trying to milk it and it should have been released all as one game but bah to them. Why have one game with stuff missing because they crammed it all into one title when you can have 3?? Even at $50 a pop I'll buy them all. I even really hope they do the same for DIII!

Did any other DP'ers go to Blizzcon? I was there this weekend and had a good time. Can't wait to use my Polar Bear mount on my Tauren druid, warrior, shaman and my Pally. Got a cool talking Murloc stuffed animal too. Though the lines for everything but the panels were pretty killer! Finally got to play DIII and SCII also (been in the wotlk beta for a while so no need for me to play that one). Can't wait for the SCII beta to start.
    How was Diablo3? It looks really great but I'm worried that it'll be a lot different from D1 and 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I think it's great that they're splitting SC2 into a trilogy. People that complaining just aren't using their heads (what else is new?).

I would also like to hear your D3 impressions. So far I've only found one (poorly written) review, which really surprises me. I figured there would be info all over the place.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

They said (according to X-play) that each game would have as much content as the original Starcraft. While Starcraft had infinite gameplay it was not all that long. The expansion made it more lengthy.

I got the impression that each game would allow you to play a different faction, possibly seeing the story from alternate angles...