Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the end my friends this is the end to my friends and fellow collectors

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ooooooo joy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Ebay ID?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

his ebay id is tool*shed* . and let me just say wow, i cant stand to list more than like 20-30 auctions a day its just so tedious: taking pictures with my phone, uploading them, creating item descriptions, figuring out what to charge, so on and so forth. I'm checking your listings out now i bet ill drop a few opening bids on some of these items.

*add* just dropped opening bids on about 20 items best of luck and let us know when you have more stuff listed.
    Last edited by MrSparkle; 10-16-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Strawberry (Level 2) murdoc rose's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awesome yea it took for ever to do that even with turbo lister but it's got to be done and lots more stuff to be listed. thanks hope you win a nice pile.

wow i was just asked on ebay if i would put a 15$ buy it now on jack bros.

Dear tool*shed*,

please do a buy it now for $15.00 Thanks

- jglawnman

I can't belive that, I asked him back if he thought I was an idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haha, while your at it maybe you wanna list that virtual boy, the mp 1000, and snow bros at $1 buy it now .

*add* w00t fruit level up

DP Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

jglawnman is a newbie collector. He's actually a member over at NintendoAge...

Anyway, best of luck on these auctions. Oh, and one other note...you have the wrong game in the pic for the Asian Version Punch-Out (TMNT Tournament Fighters is pictured) ...
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    Haha, while your at it maybe you wanna list that virtual boy, the mp 1000, and snow bros at $1 buy it now .

*add* w00t fruit level up
    lol yea i know its crazy,, I don't think I would have the nerve to actually ask some one that. I mean yea i know it doesn't go for over 100 like it use to but its still like a 50$ game. Any way I should have some stuff posted tonight so far i started on the main book case and am almost done with it. All the lose 64 and snes stuff got listed. I also think all the genny stuff except for the systems got listed as well. Going though it like this makes me realize how many sports games there really are. I actually like to play some sports games so I don't have a stigma like some but that's a lot of nba jams. I know why I have them all but I guess I've never looked at them in a stack before. It doesn't matter because I still believe that any game is worth a dollar. Im so dreading the nes racks and getting all the systems together.

Oh and congratz on the fruit lv

also mb7241 thanks a lot im sure there are several like that I need to run though and check them. lol yea i figured that one out on him being a noob. I really was amazed at that.

Hey question I have 2 2600s and about 200 diffrent carts then a large doubles pile what's the best way to list them. I was thinking singles list them like everything else and then break the double up into game lots with the systems but idk what does everyone think? btw I also have a lot of lable variations is it best to single those out or group them with their counter parts. That also reminds me i need to dig out qberts qubes so i have an atari game that will get some attention.
    Last edited by murdoc rose; 10-16-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well id say throw both 2600's up with a few games each 5 or 10 assorted cheap classics, that seems to be how systems are USUALLY sold. and as for the rest of the games.... that's a tough call its a pain to list 200 individual games for $1 each. maybe break it down a bit a couple of small lots 5-10 assorted games, and anything that's worth a few bucks list on its own.

*add* (yea i know I'm on an add kick today) how is jack bros its the only game on the system that i have never played so much as once?

DP Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    well id say throw both 2600's up with a few games each 5 or 10 assorted cheap classics, that seems to be how systems are USUALLY sold. and as for the rest of the games.... that's a tough call its a pain to list 200 individual games for $1 each. maybe break it down a bit a couple of small lots 5-10 assorted games, and anything that's worth a few bucks list on its own.

*add* (yea i know I'm on an add kick today) how is jack bros its the only game on the system that i have never played so much as once?
    that's not a bad idea just came across a large pile of 2600 manuals so that's a factor too. I know there is a huge pile of game boy manuals i don't have games too, that will be a fun lot.

well honestly how much time have you actually spent playing a virtual boy. There are several reasons no one played them back in the day, I've only played them to say i've played one really. As far as jack bros. is concerned its expensive, hard to find and not all that great. It is one of the better games for the system but overall not something you want to sit/lie down and play for very long. Its more of one of those systems you sit on a shelf and look at other than one you play. I would go so far as to say the same thing for jack bros

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Total playtime on the virtual boy has been pretty short, due to the fact that i never was fortunate enough to own one. Really teleroboxer, and the wario game alone make the system look like its worth owning for me. But i just checked out some gameplay vids of jack bros. and honestly it looks pretty cool compared to most of the games on the system. Top 3 toys r us video game moments for me were, 1) playing starfox for the first time 2) playing super mario 64 for the first time and 3) playing virtualboy everytime i was there until they discontinued it (yea that didn't take too long lol). Other than that a friend of mine had one, but my parents didn't much like his parents so i wasn't allowed to hangout there too much. Also he sucked at taking care of everything so even when the system was current he had a broken stand and had lost the visor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by murdoc rose View Post
    well honestly how much time have you actually spent playing a virtual boy. There are several reasons no one played them back in the day, I've only played them to say i've played one really. As far as jack bros. is concerned its expensive, hard to find and not all that great. It is one of the better games for the system but overall not something you want to sit/lie down and play for very long. Its more of one of those systems you sit on a shelf and look at other than one you play. I would go so far as to say the same thing for jack bros

DP Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol well it was awesome back then, I wanted one as a kid but didn't get mine till about a year ago. Played with it for a while and have never plugged it in again. lol so much stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good luck on the sales. I've often thought of letting everything go too due to a major life change (twin boys) But doubt I'll ever do it, as I hope to get them interested in games.

I've been comfortable w/ the collection downsizing I've been doing recently though. Just started letting go of some rarer Atari 7800 games, never thought I'd do that.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good luck on the sales. I've often thought of letting everything go too due to a major life change (twin boys) But doubt I'll ever do it, as I hope to get them interested in games.

I've been comfortable w/ the collection downsizing I've been doing recently though. Just started letting go of some rarer Atari 7800 games, never thought I'd do that.
    so far things are feeling good but I'm sure I'll miss it even though it well be such a relief

added some stuff over on buying and selling mainly manuals and stuff that i wanted to see if you guys wanted before I lot them out .

wow just got asked if I would put a 14$ bin on tmnt tournament fighters for the nes. I don't understand what's wrong with these people.
    Last edited by murdoc rose; 10-17-2008 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Had a look at your auctions, such good stuff in there. I wish you luck on your new direction in life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you to all well wishers and auction bidders, hopefully another batch of stuff going on in a few hours

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that I could predict Mr. Rose's future with such accuracy, but certainly it does not seem unreasonable to say that this single action, monumental as it may be, will magically fix everything.
    Can't predict the future with accuracy, but we can look at the past and make a best guess. My own guess is that this is just an act of impulse, albeit an impassioned one, and later on we're probably going to see another thread about how he wishes he hadn't sold off all his stuff.

Not to dissuade you from making such a thread later on murdoc, and if that ends up happening then by all means do, it's just that... when you've hung around here long enough, you see this kind of thing happen a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Can't predict the future with accuracy, but we can look at the past and make a best guess. My own guess is that this is just an act of impulse, albeit an impassioned one, and later on we're probably going to see another thread about how he wishes he hadn't sold off all his stuff.

Not to dissuade you from making such a thread later on murdoc, and if that ends up happening then by all means do, it's just that... when you've hung around here long enough, you see this kind of thing happen a lot.
    lol i've seen it before too and I understand but I have to do this. I know all too well I will miss all of it but if it doesn't happen things will be so much harder and it will just be left here where I can't enjoy it anyway. If I do start over and eventually I am sure I will to some degree it will be fresher and maybe finances will be different too. And don't worry I'm sure I'll have a big write up when and If I do start back up.

just added 97 things
    Last edited by murdoc rose; 10-17-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Since this thread is now more about the actual auction, I moved it to the Everything Ebay section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol yea it has turned into that hmm... well 300 auctions up now

oh and by the way since it keeps coming up I want everyone to know that I'll ship to canada

hey I have alot of gaming mags and if youll come get them there free pm me
    Last edited by murdoc rose; 10-18-2008 at 10:09 AM.