Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Fallout 3 OUT NOW!!! (Official Thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    alxbly
    PSN
    alxbly

I finished the Point Lookout DLC a few days ago and that's me done every quest (+ maximum achievement points; 1450/1450) and at level 30 in the game. The DLC seems to be getting progressively better each time... I just wish they'd up the level cap a bit more often. Regardless, I've enjoyed every minute of this game and it's a joy to explore.

Point Lookout is actually more fun than Broken Steel but it won't be such an "essential" purchase for many people because it doesn't raise the level cap. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind restricting the experience the player can gain in what is a purely single player game. What would it matter if some of us were at level 50+???
    Xbox Live: alxbly | PSN: alxbly | Wii friend code: 2326 4589 7536 6941

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I failed the Nuka-Cola Challenge because of a fluke. Would you believe a DEATHCLAW and then a Yao Guai spawned inside her house?

Ah well, I got the Kneecapper anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love bethesda and i buy almost all of their games on my PC now... I owned morrowind on my XboX and oblivion on the 360, but i have now both of them (and fallout 3) on my PC.

Why? Mods. More quests and places graphical upgrades, gameplay upgrades... Mods add a lot of re-play value to the games.

Why only Bethesda titles you ask? they have easy-to-use editors wich means that there are alot of good mods around the internet!

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got done with the main quest line in PL. Wow the enemies are rather tough in this expanision. I was popping stimpacks like crazy. I would say this has been my favorite DLC so far, though granted I haven't gone through the Pitt yet so that might change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vkmies View Post
    I love bethesda and i buy almost all of their games on my PC now... I owned morrowind on my XboX and oblivion on the 360, but i have now both of them (and fallout 3) on my PC.

Why? Mods. More quests and places graphical upgrades, gameplay upgrades... Mods add a lot of re-play value to the games.

Why only Bethesda titles you ask? they have easy-to-use editors wich means that there are alot of good mods around the internet!
    This is definitely true. PC is most definitely the optimal platform for all Bethesda titles because of the mods that come out. It's amazing how much time people put into these mods. I would have bought Fallout 3 for PC but my lappy can't run it unfortunately. I'll probably pick up the GOTY edition for cheap when I build a new desktop in a few years.

Are the mods for Fallout 3 as advanced as those for Oblivion yet? I only ask this because there are some mods for Oblivion that completely transform the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    Are the mods for Fallout 3 as advanced as those for Oblivion yet? I only ask this because there are some mods for Oblivion that completely transform the game.
    I havent checked in a long time but there is a few really good ones i use.

LvL cap 40. 20 was a stupid lvl cap.I havent noticed any problems with this mod.

Able to play after the main quest. It was totally stupid to make the game end with the story... Now you can go and hunt for missed side missions etc. after the storyline.

Those are the ones i use. nothing super awesome yet, but pretty good... Go check Fallout3nexus.com for more. I think its the best mod site around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the level 20 cap is pathetic. I was kind of upset when I hit it. Although very little combat at level 20 is a major challenge. Mostly because I can repair stuff up to 100%. I think that is the main game balancing/difficulty issue. So I ran out and bought Broken Steel and the other one on disc.

If I had known how low the level cap was, I would have probably spent my points and perks differently. Like I would not have done the Level Up Now perk.

Aside from that, I can't get enough of Fallout, still. I was hoping to wait to buy the GOTY edition which supposedly will include all 5 expansions, but my Wasteland lust got the best of me. At least I didn't have to download it. I get something to keep.

And BTW I play it on 360, so there are no mods, unfortunately.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    I think the level 20 cap is pathetic. I was kind of upset when I hit it. Although very little combat at level 20 is a major challenge. Mostly because I can repair stuff up to 100%. I think that is the main game balancing/difficulty issue. So I ran out and bought Broken Steel and the other one on disc.

If I had known how low the level cap was, I would have probably spent my points and perks differently. Like I would not have done the Level Up Now perk.

Aside from that, I can't get enough of Fallout, still. I was hoping to wait to buy the GOTY edition which supposedly will include all 5 expansions, but my Wasteland lust got the best of me. At least I didn't have to download it. I get something to keep.

And BTW I play it on 360, so there are no mods, unfortunately.
    From what i understand

4 dlc are comming out on retail disc
    And the last 1 maybe with a special edition disc (GOTY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    I was saving the "Here and Now" perk for the Level 29 ----> Level 30 transition, but I ended up never using it. There were still so many awesome perks left over that I ended up choosing something else. Agreed about the level 20 limit though. Very frustrating seeing as I was already at Level 20 about halfway through the original game. All that EXP gained after that was essentially wasted.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last week brought two firsts for me: I preordered my first game, and I bought my first strategy guide. Sitting on my desk I now have the Fallout 3 GOTY with GOTY collector's edition hardcover strategy guide. I've probably put 500 hours into Bethesda games over the years and have never given them a dime. I figured I might as well take the plunge. After selling my original copy of Fallout 3 I ended up paying $55 for the game and guide. Not bad.

I quit playing the game this spring once I hit level 20. Playing without leveling just didn't seem right. Now I can start over with all the DLC. Hurray!

Anyway, I figured I'd post to give people a heads-up about the release. It hasn't really been publicized and it's a great deal if you like Bethesda's take on rpgs.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    Last week brought two firsts for me: I preordered my first game, and I bought my first strategy guide. Sitting on my desk I now have the Fallout 3 GOTY with GOTY collector's edition hardcover strategy guide. I've probably put 500 hours into Bethesda games over the years and have never given them a dime. I figured I might as well take the plunge. After selling my original copy of Fallout 3 I ended up paying $55 for the game and guide. Not bad.

I quit playing the game this spring once I hit level 20. Playing without leveling just didn't seem right. Now I can start over with all the DLC. Hurray!

Anyway, I figured I'd post to give people a heads-up about the release. It hasn't really been publicized and it's a great deal if you like Bethesda's take on rpgs.
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what I was waiting for. I knew they would eventually make a GOTY edition for this one. ::Hits 'add to wishlist' button::