Thread: Interesting article on ebay's changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Interesting article on ebay's changes

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/17/smal..._twilight.smb/

The discussion board at the end of the article is a good read. How the fat cats that run ebay don't see all of these pissed off users is baffling. Of course, I'm sure they don't care either. But when stocks don't meet expectations, maybe that will grab their attention.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good article, thanks for sharing. Yeah, the comments at the end are the best. This one really hits the nail on the head:

I have been selling on ebay for last 9 years and have over 300,000 positive feedbacks. Our sale USED to be over $200K per month. USED is a key word here. Ebay is keep shooting themself on the foot. They are pushing old time sellers like me to other venue like “Amazon” and other sites. Feedback system is a sham. New fee structure is stupid. Giving preference to company like “Buy.com” is not what Ebay represented and was built on. I remember when Ebay used to come to computer shows and hand our t-shirt. It’s the mom and pop that has built ebay what it is today. Now my Amazon sale is upto 180k per month and ebay down to 30k per month. I told ebay reps many times that this is going to kill ebay or make them lot less profitable. Did or are they litsening? Heck no. I told them I would move my businss else where if they do not change some policies and they told me do what I have to do. I am sure they miss $20,000 in fees that I used to pay them. I know at least 8 powerseller that has moved on to other venues. I think only way ebay will survive is to change there fees and feedback structure and treat the sellers with more respect. Buyers are definetly important but there won’t be any buyers if all the sellers move away. Now I only sell junk that I can’t sell on other venues. Well I told you so ebay…….
    If ebay is unwilling to listen to sellers like this, well, I don't know what to say.