So it's been a few weeks since i've posted new pics. I had a different game store than this one in mind, but I had a massively fortuitous find at this one, so it comes next

Monday was a holiday in Japan, so I played golf with some co-workers in Ibaraki prefecture, which is to the north of Chiba (where I live) and NE of Tokyo. It's considered part of the Tokyo region, but it's quite country up there. After my round I decided to poke around the nearest city, Kashima. I found that there was a large Kanteidan there - Ibaraki Kanteidan.

I apologize for the poor pic - I had to take it from my car as it was pouring rain and in the 40s outside. (The rain moved in about halfway through my golf round, which made the last few holes extremely miserable)

Inside was lots of gaming goodness, with pricing totally at random. Still, lots of good stuff to be found! This store is quite well organized for the most part (except for systems -- you'll see in a minute), especially compared to Urayasu Kanteidan. Here's the first aisle I saw while walking into the game department -- DS on the left, GBA on the right, and a tunnel of Famicom at the end.

I found the Famicom section to have universally awful prices for some reason. There's a big wall of FDS games, but I don't think any of them were below 1000 yen.

The Super Famicom section had some deals -- mostly on some nice game bundles that I didn't snap any picture of. They has some nice Mega Drive bundles, too. Here's a view of the SFC section:

Right next to that was a decent sized section of AES games, with some PC-FX games at the bottom.

Look at the wall of loose + boxed Game Boy games, pretty cool.

Here's some more Famicom and PC Engine games.

Almost any system you can think of, they had some games for it. Virtual Boy, SG-1000, Super Cassette Vision, Game Gear, WonderSwan. Here's a Swan section -- too bad it was all overpriced, IMO.

More in part 2!